Milwaukee tools

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
They sure have a lot of new cordless tools available. I was just at KMS tools getting a M18 packout hepa vacuum and tons of new stuff even a rivet gun. Gotta get one of those for sure

b4477fdb12e0f17bc925ee0363833a6b.jpg

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% Milwaukee cordless tools, they've all been awesome. My batteries must be going on 6-7 years old now and are still good.

Me too. I have been using them since they started making them and they are tough and they last. It's great to see them keep making new stuff. They are so handy.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just bought 3 of there new cordless framing nailers. They are wicked. Won’t be buying anymore passlode nailers. Nice not having to buy 1/2 full fuel cartridges.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is good to know. I’m looking at getting new DeWalt power tools, just wasn’t sure about Milwaukee???
I will be following this thread

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Mil & Mac are a little better than Dewalt, I watched some torture test reviews, as a weekend warrior I'm sure I will never outwork a Dewalt, never. There's a nap for that. lol

ETools are pretty cool, I wasn't going Enailer tho, those are too pricey for me. The Mac cast iron compressor is heavy.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is good to know. I’m looking at getting new DeWalt power tools, just wasn’t sure about Milwaukee???

Im running full Dewalt tool setup, kinda started by default since my old man used Dewalt and was borrowing his tools. But once we started building our house started buying my own as needed and just kept going with Dewalt. I have been using them hard for 3 years and they haven't skipped a beat, their flexvolt system is amazing and I have a ton of those. Nothing beat having a miter saw on the job site and not needing a generator going constantly. The battery powered framing nailer is amazing, way better then the Passlode buddy was using, and faster. I just got the Dewalt 1/2" impact, 1400 ft-lbs breakout; pretty good if you ask me.

If I didn't go with Dewalt then Milwaukee would have been my next choice, its nice having a battery option for literally any tool out there.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some yard tool reviews of Chinese ? names like Raddly yard worx , the lesser known ones had really good reviews. EGo lawnmower.

Everything will be E soon. Notice how small the brushless motors are and batteries. A brushless motor and a lot of voltage could fit under a sled hood. ;)

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both yellow and red tools.

Kinda prefer my yellow stuff. This chop saw is pretty sweet. Probably the fastest battery drainer I have though.

Got a little floor modifications for a curb less shower happening.
05f92fedaa227f57fcf6a0da91e7a18e.jpg

b4038babd598edc6844d1dec62830d6b.jpg

fcd3560f08c2aba03c5430bf230630a3.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
In my work van I have the pack out track system on the floors, tool boxes click into this like Velcro, then I have lights and vacuums that all part of the packout system. When I was at KMS they came out including the Milwaukee rep to look at the van setup. I'll get some pics posted. The entire system works great. You can hit the brakes and everything stays. And if you have to move larger items the stuff all stacks like Legos. I do believe that Milwaukee has that packout system in the bag, and are ahead of Dewalt on that. They sell all three brands, Milwalkee, Dewalt and Makita at KMS, the red stuff seems dominates that store. Lots of different tools.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
When we changed the bands on our snow cat tracks the Milwaukee 1/2” impacts outdid the makita on batteries 2 to 1. Way more torque and faster bolt removal. I’ve ran the same Milwaukee drill and impact set for 12years. My saws all crapped out a few years ago though. Drill is definitely getting tired.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The new Fuel brushless tools are a huge improvement and the batteries have improved ten fold. I have the big lights which I run on house or building fires for 6-8 hours and still have 3 bars left, very impressed. This basement was pitch black and I was in this residence for approximately 6 hrs and need to have good equipment.

431740c0df672788a69a7dd8b360806f.jpg

99b158385454b8203bae402abba98350.jpg

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used to burn out 2-3 of the high end dewalt drills per season, I think they are the XRP... brushes would wear out or fail. Switched to Milwakuee 18v with brushes and they would last 3 seasons, now with the brushless technology, they make it 5 or 6. Usually something else that give trouble.

That rivet gun is the tits for stainless or hardened steel rivets. Little bulky and a pain to get into some places but if you have lots of room it awesome.

They just released an M18 version of it as well.

Definitely Milwakuee over Dewalt, I buy all my Milwakuee stuff from a smaller mom and pop shop and get really good pricing compared to Bolt Supply, Aklands, and home depot.

Last edited:

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got hooked on the black and yellow years ago borrowing friends tools...newer stuff is way lighter than the old 18 volt XRP stuff.
Milwaukee battery tools have come a long way...so has the off shore stuff, I have to many tools to switch over now.
It's bad enough I had to buy an adapter for the newer batteries.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad sells alot of both Makita and Milwaukee. The Milwaukee generally have more power, but the Makita's take more abuse in general. My favorite tool is likely my deep cut portable bandsaw. I have a few yellow pieces, but everytime I use them I wonder why I bought them as those motors never sound healthy.

As a contractor, my work has a number of milwaukee tools and batteries. We've also had a number of heat events related to batteries. Generally speaking, no issues below 6 AH batteries, all above. Take that for what it's worth. Most of these have come back from Salty environments, but some of my close contacts in Australia see the same things with both Milwaukee and Hilti battery packs.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been great tool for me as well! But they’re like crack! You get addicted to buying them!

No$hit!! I just dropped a grand at bolt supply a couple of weeks ago.....fantastic tools for sure and they have the best selection with more stuff added all the time....I find bolt supply to be the best place to buy....their prices aren’t usually much different than their competitors but they often have deals where they throw in a free battery or have a good two tool deal with a free battery or two thrown in...

Top Bottom