M8 Rough Ride???

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried my buddy's 08 M8 and thought I was riding a 78 El Tigre. Compared to a Summit or Apex, this thing seems to ride ROUGH...can anyone confirm this??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tried my buddy's 08 M8 and thought I was riding a 78 El Tigre. Compared to a Summit or Apex, this thing seems to ride ROUGH...can anyone confirm this??

how does he have his suspension setup?

Is it a snopro? If so how much pressure in the shocks?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an 08 M8. Set up is soooo important. Mine rides nicely. Suspension set up for me and Mods skis on it.. perfectomundo

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something must be wrong with it, 09 and rides like a fat chick on a water bed, just rolls over the bumps

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies....the sled has Fox shocks. How do you check the pressure(normal tire gauge?) and what should it be set at?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no theres a special fox pump that has a guage so it wont lose any pressure when checking.

i would start at 50lbs and work up in 5-10psi incriments

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its an 8 year old chassis it wont ride like an xp.

apex? :eek:

deffinetly check the suspension setup those air shocks take alot of pressure

Hey now, the suspension on my Apex is pretty smooth-just need popeye arms to steer that damn thing!:d

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope,,,, fox shock air pump,
my apex came with it
my wifes M8 did not
so at least I had one
the shock takes very
little air.
A standard tire gauge
will bleed too much and
muck up the setting.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new ones have power steering........just for you.

And probably another 10lbs.....no my next sled will be in a couple years and it might just be a used 800 etec-im too cheap to buy new. Im tired of driving a ship anchor down the mountain.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an 08 M8 as well, rides awesome!! Like MOMMA says, it has to be set up for the rider. We run lots of air in our back shocks (we have 3 M-series in our family) and haven't had a problem yet with sag, etc. We always carry gas and are loaded with gear too.

MattM

Reaction score
SnoQueen what are you running for rear pressure? I have an M7 with a timber sled mountain tamer rear skid and seem to be having some sag issue seems to ride nice but dont come all the way back. Just wondering what you have for pressure!

Thanks,

Matt

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SnoQueen what are you running for rear pressure? I have an M7 with a timber sled mountain tamer rear skid and seem to be having some sag issue seems to ride nice but dont come all the way back. Just wondering what you have for pressure!

Thanks,

Matt

We are running 160 lbs in the rear on all three of our sleds....2 '08 M8's and and a '10 M8 SnoPro....yeah it sounds like lots but you won't believe the ride. We always run into people with M's and they say they hate the ride, it looks saggy, and then my hubby asks them what they are running for pressure....most don't know (they don't have a pump with the gauge). Sometimes he'll borrow them his pump and then can't believe that they are only running 80-90 lbs!! Like I said we have never had any problems and the ride is unbelievable. :party2:

MattM

Reaction score
We are running 160 lbs in the rear on all three of our sleds....2 '08 M8's and and a '10 M8 SnoPro....yeah it sounds like lots but you won't believe the ride. We always run into people with M's and they say they hate the ride, it looks saggy, and then my hubby asks them what they are running for pressure....most don't know (they don't have a pump with the gauge). Sometimes he'll borrow them his pump and then can't believe that they are only running 80-90 lbs!! Like I said we have never had any problems and the ride is unbelievable. :party2:

Cool thanks I have a gauge/pump and when I bought the sled in dec the front rear had 75 and the rear 120 I bumped them both to 125 but still with sag. I will bump them to 150 and see it that helps. I aslo think i may have the rear bushings going on the timber mountain. Anybody with Timber Mountain exp?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most long track Mtn Sleds don't ride nice on the hard packed trails, they need to float! My M1000 sucks on trails but floats like a dream in the pow... A foot and deeper makes my ride comfy Just saying:d

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They definitely ride rougher on the trails. My XP ate the trails up... The M8, not so much.

I softened my rear float to 145lbs... Way better for me, softer landing on the woops, and I can take two at a time.

I can carve the corners tighter on the trail by rolling onto the outside ski, then just carve around the corner.... Couldn't do that on the Rev.

Top Bottom