Gen 5 suspension sag?

Fraser1412

Reaction score
My gen 5 expert skid is saggin about half way down sitting in the shop, I have the shocks, and coils cranked up all the way.

No springs look broken anyone else having this issue?

Comparing to my buddy’s gen 4 x sitting next to it the tunnel is 6” higher.

I can lift the rear tunnel up but it just sags back down. (Kinda like after riding 40km of bumps back to the truck after a long day)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it has the adjustable limiter strap, visually look and see if it’s in the long position under the skid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the limiter set to the short setting, I don't remember what that is called but mine would sit low with the strap in that setting.

Fraser1412

Reaction score
It does have the adjustable limiter strap, it’s NOT in wheelie mode. I’ll have a look tomorrow

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shock is only half full of oil....

I had a similar issue.. I had MB suspension service the shock and it sits correct now.

I was surprised how little resistance my stock shock had. could push it to the floor with one arm on concrete with the knob on high....

now I have to use 2 hands to push it and its much better on the wheelie side of things... 165 sled

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up to you. I was looking for an aftermarket shock as mine wasn’t what I wanted… spent 100$ and I’m happy with it…

But again, if you want to take it in… I bet the oil level is low…

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding these shocks is very simple. I have done all 4 on mine and makes a world of difference.

As noted in the past, typically these shocks are only filled 70-80% full. Charge pressure really vary. Just a simple break em down and re-assembly goes a long way.

Fraser1412

Reaction score
Adjusted the limiter strap and pumped the rear end. Still sagging hard. I’ll try calling the dealer and see if they can take a look. Aftermarket is temping but for the price of these sleds they should work at least for a season!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adjusted the limiter strap and pumped the rear end. Still sagging hard. I’ll try calling the dealer and see if they can take a look. Aftermarket is temping but for the price of these sleds they should work at least for a season!

Show us a pic of the limiter strap under the sled. My brother when through this and his limiter was stuck in the short position. Hard to argue for shock warranty when the dealer finds the limiter is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been over 48hrs and not a peep from the S&M Doolaid ambassadors ….

What the hell Maxwell…. No insight for the OP. Or is this too difficult to admit the French product is defective?

Top Bottom