Gen 5 suspension sag?

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a block of wood under the front track shock and cycle the suspension it needs to do that to switch to back to the long position

snofix

Reaction score
Yes sir, I did Enzo on my sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caper 11, could you comment on my Enzo setup. I came off a stock G4 turbo 175 which I loved. Went exactly where I wanted to. I’m now on a G5 turbo 165 with the Enzo suspension and I find it darts around and hard to maintain my line. I’m wondering if I’m so used to the 175 or I don’t have the suspension dialed in
IMG_1818.png

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caper 11, could you comment on my Enzo setup. I came off a stock G4 turbo 175 which I loved. Went exactly where I wanted to. I’m now on a G5 turbo 165 with the Enzo suspension and I find it darts around and hard to maintain my line. I’m wondering if I’m so used to the 175 or I don’t have the suspension dialed inView attachment 278914

Looking at that you are light in weight. Based on those suspension spring settings. The clicker positions are very similar to my sled. Are you setting the red dial to the position 6 on the front shock for the front skid shock?

Also keep in mind, Going from a 175 to a 165 will make you stay on top of the sled more especially if the sled has tmotion. I have always been on 165’s and I would probably have the same issue if I went to the 154 until I got used to it.
That being said, you also came off a G4 which is a tank to me now to a very nimble and responsive sled. I feel you may be probably overriding the sled.

snofix

Reaction score
Looking at that you are light in weight. Based on those suspension spring settings. The clicker positions are very similar to my sled. Are you setting the red dial to the position 6 on the front shock for the front skid shock?

Also keep in mind, Going from a 175 to a 165 will make you stay on top of the sled more especially if the sled has tmotion. I have always been on 165’s and I would probably have the same issue if I went to the 154 until I got used to it.
That being said, you also came off a G4 which is a tank to me now to a very nimble and responsive sled. I feel you may be probably overriding the sled.

Yeah I’m red 6 on the front skid shock. I forgot to mention I’m a bigger guy at 6’3 250 lbs. I had Tmotion but just deleted it and it certainly got better. I started at 33.5 ski stance as well and then went back to 34. Might even try 34.5 until I get more accustomed to the G5
I think you’re right, I just need more seat time to get used to it. Thanks for your input

snofix

Reaction score

One last question caper11:

If I decided to stretch out my 165 to a 175 all I would need is a track and a set of ice age rails? Everything else remains the same?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If I decided to stretch out my 165 to a 175 all I would need is a track and a set of ice age rails? Everything else remains the same?

No, they have different rear suspension parts, plus You will have overheat issues with a 175 on a 154 tunnel.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The rear suspension hangars are placed differently from what I understand on the 175’s

snofix

Reaction score
The rear suspension hangars are placed differently from what I understand on the 175’s

Yeah I figured that must be it because the actual suspension part numbers are the same between a 175 and 165 except for the rails obviously. Like Matt said it’s not worth it because of the cooling on these turbos anyway. Hard enough keeping the temp down on low snow days.

If i want a 175 I’ll just bite the bullet and buy one

Top Bottom