M1000 twisted turbo boost issue

Sledhead15

Reaction score
I have a m1000 twisted turbo and I have a problem building boost. I can't build more that 4 PSI and I know they should run 10 easy. I have my waste gate as tight as I can have it and it didn't help. I did run around 8 pounds earlier in the season but it has dropped off. No leaks that I can find.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the o-rings that are in the airbox, and throttle body. Also check the bolt that holds the airbox and throttle body together. Under idle or real low boost, the eng runs fine, but under high boost its possible that the throttle body gets pushed out of the engine due to boost pressure.
Odds are that it's not the wastegate, there pretty trouble free. If you have a manual boost controller, try taking it out of the system. Some times they fail. But go over every hose and clamp carefully. It doesn't take much. If it's building 4lbs the turbo is working fine, you just have a small leak that shows up under bigger boost pressures.

Sledhead15

Reaction score
I have a manual controller and I took it out. I have a hose strait from my charge tube to my waste gate. My turbo has ran out of oil a few times so I'm wondering if that could be an issue. What about exhaust pipes? I have my spring set up as you would stock. With 4 springs coming off of the y pipe rather than the 8 or so that come with the kit.

Top Bottom