Looking for ATV Guide for RMH/Nordegg

Denali4me

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everybody. Thinking about staging a couple vehicles in Nordegg so we can start near Rocky, camp halfway Saturday, then pull into Nordegg Sunday. Sending PM to Hadster.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will show you guys around just as long as I can drink free beer! I have no idea where to go or whats around there but I like beer! Best way to see the whole country is to wonder around lost!

Denali4me

Reaction score
Best way to see the whole country is to wonder around lost!

That's how we usually do it, except we end up doing circles and riding the same old trails. Not so bad though since I purchased the Garmin Monterra with Backroads Maps.

Denali4me

Reaction score
I will show you guys around just as long as I can drink free beer!

Unfortunately we love beer as well, but don't have much room to carry it(24 normally). I don't have a problem supplying the beer, but you have to pack it and keep it cold...

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we love beer as well, but don't have much room to carry it(24 normally). I don't have a problem supplying the beer, but you have to pack it and keep it cold...

You should of did some research before you said that lol. I have a 900 ranger with a big box that holds big coolers lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The trip to nordegg is nice on the rail line. But usually it's so late when you get there. Break downs, overheating etc. So my advice is to have a small group. Like 4 or 6 machines. We did it once with like 18 machines and it was a gong show I won't do that again. Lots to see on the way to but a big group is a real pia Pick your group wisely for sure

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trip to nordegg is nice on the rail line. But usually it's so late when you get there. Break downs, overheating etc. So my advice is to have a small group. Like 4 or 6 machines. We did it once with like 18 machines and it was a gong show I won't do that again. Lots to see on the way to but a big group is a real pia Pick your group wisely for sure
Yes, it was too late to eat ect if I recall

Two of us have done it in September in 4 and a half hours

Had some frost which made it way faster past misty valley

We had to wait in the bar for two plus hours for our rides to pic us up

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I want to do the trip this year.

And yes small group can ride quicker.

MADTRAPPER01

Reaction score
I am planning to organize an overnight ride for 8-10 intermediate/expert riders sometime this summer. We would like to hire a guide as we have never ridden the area before. If anybody has any contact info they could pass on, please PM me. Thanks

Also planning a trip there this but using Nordegg campgrounds as our base camp. Will be a few of us we want to ride on the mountains for the scenery etc. Staying for at least a week. We r flat landers. Once in a lifetime trip as I'm up in age thanks.

Sent from the Canadian Wilderness using my I phone

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was too late to eat ect if I recall

Two of us have done it in September in 4 and a half hours

Had some frost which made it way faster past misty valley

We had to wait in the bar for two plus hours for our rides to pic us up

Sure you guys were complaining about sitting there in the bar lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tell u it was the cats meow, wished they would have left them

Denali4me

Reaction score
OOPS, What I meant was that I could supply you a beer for each one we drink. You SxS guys can drive with one hand and your passengers can double fist all day if they want, that could get very expensive!!

Top Bottom