Looking at a new Jacket

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its getting that time of year and im looking at buying a new jacket either kilm, hmk or motorfist but id like to know what all of you think of them?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am more then happy with my motorfist!!!!! ive never seen an unsatisfied klim user either. i have klim pants and boots and love them too. motorfist is nice because its better material and not as many ppl have it

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x3 for Motorfist.. Wore it all last year, love it! I'm excited for the women's line this year. I tried on the whole outfit and was surprised that it actually fit! Arms fit perfectly! Great product and peeps who run it! :)

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will be disappointed with the Klim jacket...best purchase I have made as far as snowmobile gear goes.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm rocking the Motorfist pants and jacket while my boots and gloves are Klim, nothing but good to say about both but i do like that my gear is different than everyone elses in the hotel room. Too funny watching buddies trying to figure out who's is who's.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always believed in Goretex. Any time I've tried something else, it's been a waste of money. I ran all Northface gear in my snowboarding days, now I wear Klim. It's different for girls because not many of us are wearing sled-specific gear yet... I didn't bump into one person last year with my same jacket. Klim has revamped their ladies line for 2012. I got to test out their gear last year and their new jacket awesome!!! More tailored fit, more vents, better gore fabric, more colours and designs.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Castle X gear and I like it keeps me warm and dry. And it is cheaper then Klim. But there is a good reason why every one says Klim is the best stuff.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a big believer in Gore-tex until I tried e-vent .. It really is a superior ventilator and just as waterproof and durable.

I guess motorfist uses e-vent vs klim and hmk that use gore-tex

I'm still rocking my hippy skiing cloths on the sled (arcteryx pants and westcomb jacket)... but i'll probably have to start buying Klim and motorfist gear soon

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HMK doesn't use Gore-Tex. There's a couple of big snowboard brands that switched to e-vent, so I'm sure it's good too.

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been in skidoo gear all my life i love that stuff but i was looking at hmk i like theres cuz of how different the colors are i love bright and different colors im looking for more of a mountain shell then a heavy coat i like the new kilm look and motorfist i would love to try but all i can find n morotfist is all black with highlights of color. Im a girl and it all about color i just wish there was a great brand with both color and the needed things like venting and somthing to stay warm i use the layering system already. To me it doesnt matter if its womens i normally buy guys jackets anyways.
Thanks for all the help

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been in skidoo gear all my life i love that stuff but i was looking at hmk i like theres cuz of how different the colors are i love bright and different colors im looking for more of a mountain shell then a heavy coat i like the new kilm look and motorfist i would love to try but all i can find n morotfist is all black with highlights of color. Im a girl and it all about color i just wish there was a great brand with both color and the needed things like venting and somthing to stay warm i use the layering system already. To me it doesnt matter if its womens i normally buy guys jackets anyways.Thanks for all the help

Check out Scott Moto if you're looking for colour. They just put out a new line for snowmobiling, a few of the jackets are Gore-Tex.

http://www.scott-sports.com/us_en/category/10988/jackets

Last edited:
Top Bottom