Lifting weights

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then your doing it wrong according to the internet hahahahahaha. Me I like to do both. Most on here just do the internet part lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

My keyboard will out climb your keyboard anywhere anytime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey we both ride summits the only people that need to worry about being outclimbed is our buddies lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Sorry I got a little carried away. You know I don't think I even did areal high mark on my sled this year even just short climbs.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be 3 t3's amongst the peeps I am riding with so, they can help themselves.. LOL

If your buddies don't got a t3 and you do, your going to be lifting the sled buy your self! Lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DAYUM!
Neil... those are bad numberzzz

LOL

(with all apologias to CAT401 of course...)

So far I know of 2 guys. But so they might get to help each other.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually this chart does hold very good information if you can visualize what it reveals. It shows that a narrow ski stance is more important to reduced effort when initiating a side hill than weight of the sled. Doo has overcome their heft in this department by narrowing the stance. Just imagine how the Polaris will pop up when it is also 36" wide as my sled will be next season. As it sits the narrowest sled has the widest stance and the widest sled has the narrowest stance.

The downfall of the narrow stance is during a side hill, the short A-arms can let the bodywork come in contact with the hill and this will cause the sled to stop or cause drag and the track will spin, slide down the hill and then the sled will tend to head up the hill once traction is regained. (does this sound familiar Doo boys?)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually this chart does hold very good information if you can visualize what it reveals. It shows that a narrow ski stance is more important to reduced effort when initiating a side hill than weight of the sled. Doo has overcome their heft in this department by narrowing the stance. Just imagine how the Polaris will pop up when it is also 36" wide as my sled will be next season. As it sits the narrowest sled has the widest stance and the widest sled has the narrowest stance.

The downfall of the narrow stance is during a side hill, the short A-arms can let the bodywork come in contact with the hill and this will cause the sled to stop or cause drag and the track will spin, slide down the hill and then the sled will tend to head up the hill once traction is regained. (does this sound familiar Doo boys?)

NO, i think anyone that is familiar with riding a skidoo can account for anything like that. you can sidehill a skidoo just as long and as far as a pro rmk. at the end of the day they are motors with skis and tracks going accross the hill. any other variables can be accounted for with riding style and body position.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This chart only shows whatever the reader wants to read off of it. I'm not sure where the idea comes in that how lifting a sled on concrete shows that its easier to initiate a sidehill. The lifting weights are a static measurement, when riding all your forces are not static, they are dynamic (in motion). A Poo with poor weight transfer to the track and high ski pressure may be harder to initiate a sidehill than any other sled on the hill. Once moving all things change.

You guys have fun overcoming the laws of physics in your garages, I'm going to get my sled ready for next weekend.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This chart only shows whatever the reader wants to read off of it. I'm not sure where the idea comes in that how lifting a sled on concrete shows that its easier to initiate a sidehill. The lifting weights are a static measurement, when riding all your forces are not static, they are dynamic (in motion). A Poo with poor weight transfer to the track and high ski pressure may be harder to initiate a sidehill than any other sled on the hill. Once moving all things change.

You guys have fun overcoming the laws of physics in your garages, I'm going to get my sled ready for next weekend.

Agreed but not all our riding is side hilling. How many times have you edged over a drop that you decide is best not tackled that day or rode into the trees to find out it is a dead end or simply decided you want to spin a U-turn on the trail. If in these cases you dead pull the sled on to it's side, then spin the track, it will come around in a donut. This is where this is most important. Oh ya, maybe there is no drop too big to back out of but I'm sure you will get my point. Currently Doo is easiest to dead pull on to its side and Polaris worst. But we all know that Poo side-hills the best (well all but Maxwell). Now doesn't everybody want the best of both worlds? Lightest sled and also easiest to pull on one ski. It is coming, watch for 2016.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed but not all our riding is side hilling. How many times have you edged over a drop that you decide is best not tackled that day or rode into the trees to find out it is a dead end or simply decided you want to spin a U-turn on the trail. If in these cases you dead pull the sled on to it's side, then spin the track, it will come around in a donut. This is where this is most important. Oh ya, maybe there is no drop too big to back out of but I'm sure you will get my point. Currently Doo is easiest to dead pull on to its side and Polaris worst. But we all know that Poo side-hills the best (well all but Maxwell). Now doesn't everybody want the best of both worlds? Lightest sled and also easiest to pull on one ski. It is coming, watch for 2016.

Dead pulling a sled on its side is maybe 1-2 times a day, so I wouldn't base my decision for any sled on that one limited factor. I don't know about Doo being the easiest to dead pull over...if you put on wider skis and crank the spring tension or keep the sway bar connected, your sled's now a steaming pile of crap to pull over IMO, but I wouldn't judge it based solely on that. It'll ride sweet on the trail though.

Seems like the newer riders are all obsessed about weight. If having the lightest sled means I'm not going riding or I'm spending more money to ride because sh!t is always breaking, then no, I don't want the lightest sled on the market. I'll gladly take an extra 10 lbs of weight to know that my sled stays out of the shop during the riding season and gets me home at the end of each day. This is just my experience after 25 yrs of mountain riding and stuff breaking on the hill and towing sleds (and being towed) home.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is it that you actually ride Modman??

Dead pulling a sled on its side is maybe 1-2 times a day, so I wouldn't base my decision for any sled on that one limited factor. I don't know about Doo being the easiest to dead pull over...if you put on wider skis and crank the spring tension or keep the sway bar connected, your sled's now a steaming pile of crap to pull over IMO, but I wouldn't judge it based solely on that. It'll ride sweet on the trail though.

Seems like the newer riders are all obsessed about weight. If having the lightest sled means I'm not going riding or I'm spending more money to ride because sh!t is always breaking, then no, I don't want the lightest sled on the market. I'll gladly take an extra 10 lbs of weight to know that my sled stays out of the shop during the riding season and gets me home at the end of each day. This is just my experience after 25 yrs of mountain riding and stuff breaking on the hill and towing sleds (and being towed) home.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

REALLY? You only pull up your sled once or twice a day? I guess your group rides so much differently than ours. I said before that riding a Doo is best for guys who are ATV riders and riding a Poo is best for dirt bike riders. Not dissing any riding types here, only saying that the choice of your sled is best suited to your riding style, not one better than another. There are still times late in the day that I wish I was back on my Doo so I could just sit down and rest for the ride down.

Top Bottom