Lifting weights

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this write up in Snowest on the 800's. Interesting numbers here with the cat getting heavier the higher you lift it in the rear. All three sleds aren't balanced that well for right to left. The cat appears to be the closest in balance.

Attachments

• weights.jpg
    weights.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 731

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that is some interesting information.

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like useless info. They should have put the scale on the handlebars and pulled sideways to get the force required to get on edge.

All that data tells me is the sled that's 50lbs lighter only feels 10lbs lighter when stuck and te cat is still a pig to get unstuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is fake. Someone is pulling your leg. Static weight cannot increase unless mass was somehow transferred from in front of the pivot point on the skis, to behind it (i.e. from the front bumper to the rear) without any moving parts. If you dead lift 200 lbs, you only dead lift 200 lbs. You aren't suddenly dead lifting 212 lbs because its now 2' in the air. I wouldn't believe anything on Snowest.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you add up all three initial weights, you should end up with a rough calculation of actual sled weights no?
Doo 504
Cat 519
Poo 497
How does the Cat rear end get heavier as the lifting height goes up?

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the article was vague, it didn't state the track length of the sleds. Probably weighed at the dealership with a guy standing on a bathroom scale lifting the sleds. I agree with Maxwell that the lifting point from handlebars would tell you more than from the spindles.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something interesting about the skidoo.....according to those numbers the right takes less effort than the left. So if you remove the 20lb stock can your sled becomes really off balance

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like useless info. They should have put the scale on the handlebars and pulled sideways to get the force required to get on edge.

All that data tells me is the sled that's 50lbs lighter only feels 10lbs lighter when stuck and te cat is still a pig to get unstuck

You're such a PUTZ

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah?? what does this prove?

Well for one, it seems the show quite a difference in from side to side weight.
I always assumed the clutch side was heavier.
It also shows the Poo is lighter to pick up in the back end. My back has already confirmed that for me.
Lastly, do you notice how the lifting weights dropped dramatically on the 24" front lifts for the Doo's?
That tells me the Doo is almost ready to flip over at 24" lift height where the others are still more planted.
I thought it was interesting, doesn't really "prove" anything.....
maybe I was the only one?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also shows the Poo is lighter to pick up in the back end. My back has already confirmed that for me.
Lastly, do you notice how the lifting weights dropped dramatically on the 24" front lifts for the Doo's?
That tells me the Doo is almost ready to flip over at 24" lift height where the others are still more planted.

There all within 10lbs of each other from the rear lift. I don't think anyone can notice that when your in 4ft of snow gasping for air wishing someone was around to help lolol.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Care to back that statement up with some facts. The table above says otherwise LOL.

FACTS?, Sure....

DO you sled on concrete? These weights on dry concrete mean zilch.

Plus, like Modman stated, how does an object get heavier the further you lift it??

In the real world, the doo would be a LOT heavier than the Cat with all that ice buildup hanging off the tunnel....I think that would equate to being...in your words..."the stuck pig".

I know you've seen it but perhaps you forgot about the video that surfaced a few months back that shows weights of the sleds while riding out in the snow.....did you catch that?....OUT IN THE SNOW.......to me this is where things should be measured.....but you probably call those FACTS false because it's not BRP propaganda....lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FACTS?, Sure....

DO you sled on concrete? These weights on dry concrete mean zilch.

Plus, like Modman stated, how does an object get heavier the further you lift it??

In the real world, the doo would be a LOT heavier than the Cat with all that ice buildup hanging off the tunnel....I think that would equate to being...in your words..."the stuck pig".

I know you've seen it but perhaps you forgot about the video that surfaced a few months back that shows weights of the sleds while riding out in the snow.....did you catch that?....OUT IN THE SNOW.......to me this is where things should be measured.....but you probably call those FACTS false because it's not BRP propaganda....lol

I Duno.......people in the showroom sure seem to think it's important to sidehill it on the concrete

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Duno.......people in the showroom sure seem to think it's important to sidehill it on the concrete

I saw many people doing that very thing at sled shows. Kinda like kickin' the tires...preehaps?
P.S. I love my Snow Bunje

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what my summer project will be now. I'm going to install 24" drop brackets on my rear skid. By the chart I will drop over 200 lbs off my sled. I can't beleive I missed this it's so painfully obvious!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup the only thing is take away is how consistent the weight is left or right. Helps show that the skidoo requires the least effort to get on it's side but once it hits 24" it requires less input and wants to go on it's side. Shows the Polaris is more consistent and the cat is hardest to put on it's side. I think all of the above is true from real world? Or maybe it's Friday and I need a drink?

Top Bottom