Lifting weights

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup the only thing is take away is how consistent the weight is left or right. Helps show that the skidoo requires the least effort to get on it's side but once it hits 24" it requires less input and wants to go on it's side. Shows the Polaris is more consistent and the cat is hardest to put on it's side. I think all of the above is true from real world? Or maybe it's Friday and I need a drink?

I agree accept with the Polaris. I find tr skidoo and cat to tip over the most consistent with the cat taking more effort. And the Polaris to me has a bad tipping point half way through pulling it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree accept with the Polaris. I find tr skidoo and cat to tip over the most consistent with the cat taking more effort. And the Polaris to me has a bad tipping point half way through pulling it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

That tipping point you're referring to is actually the balance point, and the reason its strange to you is cause your XM doesn't have one . When you do get it on its side you're dealing with the track flexing and the t-motion wiggling, and normal gravity ,while you're trying to find that actual consistent balance point , which is non-existent in the Doo cause of all the extra flexing and bending. That's why when you follow a Doo on a sidehill you'll see the trench in the snow constantly be adjusted back up, if you follow the same skills rider on a Pro you'll see the tracks in the snow far straighter, less constant correcting. Kinda like a single projectile rifle or a shotgun, easier to hit the target with a shotgun , but easier to hit the bullseye with a rifle. Depends what you're looking for.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FACTS?, Sure....

I know you've seen it but perhaps you forgot about the video that surfaced a few months back that shows weights of the sleds while riding out in the snow.....did you catch that?....OUT IN THE SNOW.......to me this is where things should be measured.....but you probably call those FACTS false because it's not BRP propaganda....lol

You mean the video "brought to you by arctic cat" where they packed the snow on the poos and doos and didn't on the cats?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean the video "brought to you by arctic cat" where they packed the snow on the poos and doos and didn't on the cats?

oh, I get it now........IF IT'S NOT FROM DEAUX......THEN IT MUST BE UNTRUE???

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well, you can call it down or you can weigh them yourself if you think its fake. I pulled 2 five gallon pales of ice off my sled a few weeks ago after a couple deep days, meant to update one of these threads where I promised to do it, but I couldn't find the thread later on. When it melted out it was probably around 7.5-8 gallons. Weight = 65 lbs of water (as per the scale) - i didn't subtract the weight of buckets.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I should add the the weights of the sleds that they got. Looks like Polaris gained 5 pounds.:smiliestirthepot:

Attachments

• weights2.jpg
    weights2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 155

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, you can call it down or you can weigh them yourself if you think its fake. I pulled 2 five gallon pales of ice off my sled a few weeks ago after a couple deep days, meant to update one of these threads where I promised to do it, but I couldn't find the thread later on. When it melted out it was probably around 7.5-8 gallons. Weight = 65 lbs of water (as per the scale) - i didn't subtract the weight of buckets.

More Lies Cuso???

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't care what brand you ride, showroom weight is a lot different from in the snow weight, I always end up with a least 5 gals of water off my sled after a ride 50+ pounds.....

and Maxwell you live in a dream world with unicorns.....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's all ya got good on you cat401. FACTS lmao!

I myself don't believe anything that is compared on the internet, ESPECIALLY a doctored video, unless the facts come from an unbiased source. then MAYBE..

But go ahead champ... and believe anything you want.

10178065_794747663870470_3331584063427354850_n.jpg

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's all ya got good on you cat401. FACTS lmao!

I myself don't believe anything that is compared on the internet, ESPECIALLY a doctored video, unless the facts come from an unbiased source. then MAYBE..

But go ahead champ... and believe anything you want.

View attachment 170899

awe, boo fawkin hoo Cuso......there's a video that doesn't put your doo on the top.....I'm sorry if I wrecked your day over it.

sheesh.....get over it man....move on!

Ok big talker.....Bring out YOUR FACTS that shows that this doesn't happen.......

The video showed the Doo had 83 lbs of snow & ice vs the Cat had 47 lbs......

I have seen 1st hand how the Cat holds on to much less snow compared to doo....you need to get out and ride with a few other brands and then come back with some real knowledge....Champ

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's funny is buddy last weekend , has a 13, 163, 800 cat..... Over heated and kept overheating and had scratchers down right from the start

When we got back to the truck, loaded it and buddy's 13 xm 163, the xm had no snow in the tunnel and the kitty was right full

Now this is spring snow, and mabe in puff pow the snow won't stick inside the kitty

But 75 % of most people that ride are not in dry puff pow

First thing I'd do to the kitty is put a Friggin cooler back there, just for the overheating

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're such a PUTZ

oh!.....you were there??

oh, I get it now........IF IT'S NOT FROM DEAUX......THEN IT MUST BE UNTRUE???

More Lies Cuso???

awe, boo fawkin hoo Cuso......there's a video that doesn't put your doo on the top.....I'm sorry if I wrecked your day over it.

sheesh.....get over it man....move on!

Ok big talker.....Bring out YOUR FACTS that shows that this doesn't happen.......

The video showed the Doo had 83 lbs of snow & ice vs the Cat had 47 lbs......

I have seen 1st hand how the Cat holds on to much less snow compared to doo....you need to get out and ride with a few other brands and then come back with some real knowledge....Champ

lots of energy here trying to pick a fight.....I'd follow YOUR own advise and get over it.

I'm sorry that I disagree with your doctored video..

LOL feel better?

WOW.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of energy here trying to pick a fight.....I'd follow YOUR own advise and get over it.

I'm sorry that I disagree with your doctored video..

LOL feel better?

WOW.

My doctored video....lol

Yes, I feel better.....thanks for caring

Top Bottom