just bought an 07 AC M1000

800polaris

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a m1000 and looking to modify the sleds exhaust.I want to put a slp y pipe, pipe and stinger on with a fuel controller(power commander 3)...but I dont want to go to race fuel. Can I still run this sled with these mods and keep 93 octane.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't need race fuel till you raise compression or turbo,good old premium will be just fine.
Looks like you may have to change your user name though.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a m1000 and looking to modify the sleds exhaust.I want to put a slp y pipe, pipe and stinger on with a fuel controller(power commander 3)...but I dont want to go to race fuel. Can I still run this sled with these mods and keep 93 octane.

You could run 87 octane if you wanted. Cats run low compression.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep no problem. I'm running pretty much the same set up except I have a Boondocker fuel controller and I am running the SLP Air Horn and 3° advanced timing key MBRP can rather than the SLP can. No issues.

Last edited:

800polaris

Reaction score
hey guys, thanks alot...i kinda figured that wasnt sure...and ya i do know i have to change my name, but i cant figure it out..LOL

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't need race fuel till you raise compression or turbo,good old premium will be just fine.
Looks like you may have to change your user name though.
he'll be back on a polaris before ya know it...hehe

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, thanks alot...i kinda figured that wasnt sure...and ya i do know i have to change my name, but i cant figure it out..LOL

just remember if you go with the 3° advance timing key you should go from 87 octane to at least 92

94fordguy

hey guys, thanks for the advice its appreciated....do you guys know how to change your user name..

You will have to contact RKnight111 or sledbunnyracing (Admins)

They will be able to get it taken care of for you.:beer:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just remember if you go with the 3° advance timing key you should go from 87 octane to at least 92

Just a question about your timing key. Why did you advance it & did you change your domes & head?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question about your timing key. Why did you advance it & did you change your domes & head?

Stock heads. I'm not sure why but it gives it better throttle response. You would have to Ask Mark at T&T what the reasoning is. But it does make a difference.

Top Bottom