850T Update

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im Albertan, I actually called and pulled 20 G out of my account and was going to pick it up.
Then I got thinking 7 hr drive, unfair for my local dealer to service. And Actually is not that great of a deal when you factor in the 2021,s come with 2 yr warranty - to add another year to a 2020.5 850T is not cheap.
When I get home from work there is a dealer close to me that has one, still deciding.

Mentioned this to a few guys..

Buy a used 18, decent shape I'm guessing around the 10k, maybe even less, spend 8 k for aftermarket turbo kit set up ready to ride with skid up grade and drivers and fresh top end.. (220)Hp)no Warrenty but track record is spotless..

Now look down rd three years from now.. what will value be for either sled.. and then think initial cost.. and what your sled is cabled of doing over the other the last three years

This is not Not for all, but definitely some..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mentioned this to a few guys..

Buy a used 18, decent shape I'm guessing around the 10k, maybe even less, spend 8 k for aftermarket turbo kit set up ready to ride with skid up grade and drivers and fresh top end.. (220)Hp)no Warrenty but track record is spotless..

Now look down rd three years from now.. what will value be for either sled.. and then think initial cost.. and what your sled is cabled of doing over the other the last three years

This is not Not for all, but definitely some..

that might be the worst idea ive ever heard. But yea, probably works for you and your frequent flyer club

theyve made some pretty nice changes from 2018 to 2021. even NA

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Offer them 18,000 + GST bet they will take it, that sweetens the pot.

For sure, I hate low balling, but everyone sure seems to have no issue lowballing me. I operate off buy high sell low rule :)
Actually right now my biggest worry is: my wife has my 20 g Im at work until we finish this well. The second last sled I sold the guy gave me cash, I put it in an envelope and tucked it away in my drawer.
I forgot about it for around 6 months when I opened up the envelope there was about $80 bucks left. I go to the wife WTF she says finders keepers Lol.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that might be the worst idea ive ever heard. But yea, probably works for you and your frequent flyer club

theyve made some pretty nice changes from 2018 to 2021. even NA

Better to some like you, to some of us not so good..

Only way i would go.. for performance price and durability

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda enjoying this go nowhere thread, the back and forth. It is amusing how an individual will completely go out of his or her way in convincing them self or others and to promote a product and has for several years that I can see and yet claim no financial benefits, or is that true?
I know Norona gets paid, it his job and does it well. States the fact's to the best of his knowledge and doesn't argue the points. "here it is boys and what I think, take it or leave it". I admire that.
I think that BRP's move towards offering an entry level boosted sled is awesome, personally do like that new engine and might move other(manufacture) towards the same idea.
And yes it is an exciting time for those riders being able to ride an OEM turbo for the first time and maintaining OEM claimed HP. I say this without overembellishing the facts.

Personally, being the oddball is my preference, trying to promote what I feel or like over yours is the last thing I want, it would be boring as Fauck having every one on the same chet. There is something to be said when your not in the same suit as the crowd, its an experience many or most will never know.
I love it, but this is just my opinion though.

BTW, the 850T is tuned to work with the muffler system it comes with and changing out the muffler to a "can" will have an effect on boost, lag, and waste gate operation. Personally I wouldn't doit at this point in time.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda enjoying this go nowhere thread, the back and forth. It is amusing how an individual will completely go out of his or her way in convincing them self or others and to promote a product and has for several years that I can see and yet claim no financial benefits, or is that true?
I know Norona gets paid, it his job and does it well. States the fact's to the best of his knowledge and doesn't argue the points. "here it is boys and what I think, take it or leave it". I admire that.
I think that BRP's move towards offering an entry level boosted sled is awesome, personally do like that new engine and might move other(manufacture) towards the same idea.
And yes it is an exciting time for those riders being able to ride an OEM turbo for the first time and maintaining OEM claimed HP. I say this without overembellishing the facts.

Personally, being the oddball is my preference, trying to promote what I feel or like over yours is the last thing I want, it would be boring as Fauck having every one on the same chet. There is something to be said when your not in the same suit as the crowd, its an experience many or most will never know.
I love it, but this is just my opinion though.

BTW, the 850T is tuned to work with the muffler system it comes with and changing out the muffler to a "can" will have an effect on boost, lag, and waste gate operation. Personally I wouldn't doit at this point in time.

And possibly a good effect? The tuners will find out soon enough. The question is can you trust your "can" supplier? Some will, some won't. There are a few "can" builders out there that actually work with OEM's and design pipes and cans for them.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure, I hate low balling, but everyone sure seems to have no issue lowballing me. I operate off buy high sell low rule :)
Actually right now my biggest worry is: my wife has my 20 g Im at work until we finish this well. The second last sled I sold the guy gave me cash, I put it in an envelope and tucked it away in my drawer.
I forgot about it for around 6 months when I opened up the envelope there was about $80 bucks left. I go to the wife WTF she says finders keepers Lol.

If they don`t want your offer they will just not take it, or come back with something else like throw in a new belt with a few gallons of oil and some other accessories
if you don`t ask you will never find out. they don`t want that sled left over until next season, they will take a good offer.

• Thanks
Reactions: K45

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adding a cold air intake and better flowing exhaust made a big difference on the Sidewinder I would expect gains, just not as much, on the skidoo turbo from both those mods.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the whole industry but would have to think they are poor for all brands. BRP picked a bad year to release a turbo sled with all this pandemic stuff. Now its not just the oil and gas sector that's out of work.

BRP should push snowcheck until mid may to give things a chance to cool down.

The good thing about the Corona Virus... those pipelines will probably get built. People don’t care about 200,000 oilfield jobs but now that **** is effecting their livelihoods, the sky is falling.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP should push snowcheck until mid may to give things a chance to cool down.

The good thing about the Corona Virus... those pipelines will probably get built. People don’t care about 200,000 oilfield jobs but now that **** is effecting their livelihoods, the sky is falling.
I don't see this happening. End of May things will still be concerning with this disease. They need a lot of lead time as well to plan and build what they need to. I think most manufacturers will just write this off as a wasted year and take their lumps.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see this happening. End of May things will still be concerning with this disease. They need a lot of lead time as well to plan and build what they need to. I think most manufacturers will just write this off as a wasted year and take their lumps.
they will just bump the forced inventory numbers so the dealers take the hit.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Yes they have over 10km I was told on the Quebec trail system, now they also tested the etec 800 on similar trails.. means nothing to the hard mountain rider sadly

They have been in sleds for many years, you just did not know, and yes they use to make no sound at all. That you could hear anyway. And not in Quebec. I know for sure! :)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1500km is half life of a top end rebuild.. and 1/3 of a bottom end..

Bought the 2015 impulse xm 174 in feb of 15, less than 100 miles on it and paid 15us.. he had over 24$ into it with the kit and asserories.. cash talks, and sled had never let me down till last month

First year sleds always take the biggest beating, no different than trucks or Ag.. 1st year owners keep brp smiling and David riding new sleds..lol
1500 km half a top end??? You must mean for Polaris engines

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the turbo was released no one was dying from the corona yet were they? unless!!!....Polaris started the COVID-19 to kill turbski sales for doo. Fawk im smrt, patting myself on back now!
Mabe the gay colors and 10% gear reduction b. S, Polaris talked China into letting a little Corona out to slow down the brp 850t sales

I see what you mean there

Top Bottom