850T Update

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came from divorced parents and went to eight different grade schools going back and forth between parents. I didn’t cry for Mommy and Daddy much. Cool thing is I got to skip 2 grades. I was super smart and I skipped grade 1 and grade 9.

maybe someday, maturity will catch up with the smarts..........

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone would have to have rocks for brains to pay $18000 for a sled with 1500 kms on it this time of year .
Goooooodluck . Lol

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone would have to have rocks for brains to pay $18000 for a sled with 1500 kms on it this time of year .
Goooooodluck . Lol

When there are no snowchecks delivered because there are no parts available for production that sled will sell for full asking price no questions asked.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if someone who had a can had the stock can put back in without them knowing and sounded the same, they would not notice, anyone who says yes is lying, i use to have this convo with electric start then guys saying they feel the weight and it is 20 pounds. i call BS, then if so they can feel their gas getting lower as the day goes on, some guys say yes, which is funny as they say they would notice that when their skid at the same time has been filling up with powder and ice. You wont notice it, I come from racing bikes and counting every gram but you wont notice this weight unless your trying to beat keith curtis to the top of jackson hill climb and again it would be more psychological than actually making a difference. Like Maxwell says ride it first, the sound of the turbo is way more impressive than a can. I guarentee you will feel the same after riding it. Again no problem with guys buying cans, but you are just throwing your dollars away, skidoo spends a huge amount of money in design and noise and power efficiency. It would be huge money and time to come close to beating it.

dave could you expand more on the muffler/can. To me the turbo sled muffler and the NA muffler are the same, or at least in size. Any truth that? If that’s the case then would the turbo sled actually be a quitter running machine as the turbo would reduce sound before it hit the muffler.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goooooodluck . Lol

I duno, that’s a 5000$ loss in 1500km. 3$ per KM. Sounds like my loss someone’s gain to me.

And hey, don’t need the luck, if it doesn’t sell I won’t be that upset.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goooooodluck . Lol

Save 4g and have 1500 km with warranty... $6,675 less then what i'll be paying for new, wish i had the cash instead of finance or that sled woulda been sold! and i DO have rocks for brains hahaha

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty? Did they not only have 1 year ?
So that runs out 1/2 way through next season .
Track is probably just about done , shocks need service , blah blah .
Like I said good luck and hope it sells for that .
I doubt super star would have paid retail . Lol
He knows people I heard .

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Just listed the turbo for sale and all I’ve got is people wanting to trade me For their Polaris

It's not that they want a Doo, it's because it belonged to someone famous! LOL. And then if you did pick up the Polaris you would have a sled you could run for the next 3 years with warranty.

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Just listed the turbo for sale and all I’ve got is people wanting to trade me For their Polaris

Have you talked to your dealer about trading it in on a new one ? with some warranty left and low Klms they might give you a good dollar for yours.
and you will save on the tax, with only paying the difference. might work out being close to selling it and buying new.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome price if it came with the 4 year warranty like the NA sled.
Sean does look after his equipment, they are ridden and not beat up on.

IMO is actually cheaper to shell out the extra money for a new turbo than pay top dollar on a sled with High KM that the warranty will expire next January. I still believe there is no reason why the turbo cannot share the same warranty as the NA.
Hopefully doo will reconsider this and step up with something to help dealers get more snochecks. I feel bad for dealers, this time of year is critical to getting orders.

This is just my opinion tho.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a buyer or interested in buying a new sled, but don't think I would be that interested in buying a high km half year sled over a snow check if I was looking for a few grand more..

Personally I would think brp relaeased the mid year model year to look for quirks in tuneing/ sensors / belt life/ect to have figured out for next snow check year..

Also for the poor Warrenty given to them

After whats going on this year.. 12-15$ I would be gone

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a buyer or interested in buying a new sled, but don't think I would be that interested in buying a high km half year sled over a snow check if I was looking for a few grand more..

Personally I would think brp relaeased the mid year model year to look for quirks in tuneing/ sensors / belt life/ect to have figured out for next snow check year..

Also for the poor Warrenty given to them

After whats going on this year.. 12-15$ I would be gone

Couple grand? compared to what most people are paying with tax its like $5000+ cheaper lol you can buy a 4 yearwarranty with that and still have cash left over for a full set of shocks and all the accessories you can dream of, maybe even a can

i hardly consider 1500km a "High Mile Sled" LOL

since when was 1500km a high mile machine?

clearly these comments are coming from people who havent purchased one and seen what the total bill was all said aand done loaded in your truck LOL

ill ride it till the wheels fall off for 12K lmao!

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple grand? compared to what most people are paying with tax its like $5000+ cheaper lol you can buy a 4 yearwarranty with that and still have cash left over for a full set of shocks and all the accessories you can dream of, maybe even a can

i hardly consider 1500km a "High Mile Sled" LOL

since when was 1500km a high mile machine?

clearly these comments are coming from people who havent purchased one and seen what the total bill was all said aand done loaded in your truck LOL

ill ride it till the wheels fall off for 12K lmao!

1500km is half life of a top end rebuild.. and 1/3 of a bottom end..

Bought the 2015 impulse xm 174 in feb of 15, less than 100 miles on it and paid 15us.. he had over 24$ into it with the kit and asserories.. cash talks, and sled had never let me down till last month

First year sleds always take the biggest beating, no different than trucks or Ag.. 1st year owners keep brp smiling and David riding new sleds..lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1500km is half life of a top end rebuild.. and 1/3 of a bottom end..

Bought the 2015 impulse xm 174 in feb of 15, less than 100 miles on it and paid 15us.. he had over 24$ into it with the kit and asserories.. cash talks, and sled had never let me down till last month

First year sleds always take the biggest beating, no different than trucks or Ag.. 1st year owners keep brp smiling and David riding new sleds..lol
Explain to me how 1500km is half life on a top end for an etec again??:hmm:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A turbo sleds resale is horrible, I suspect the 850t will be no different once the warranty is gone.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pistons on boosted sleds is 3000km shelf life according to Brent/redline/BJ.. guys that work on this stuff every day over the years

My impulse got tired at 3500km.. had pistons in truck to do the job.. lesson learned.. less boost the more km

Top Bottom