850T Update

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How’s the snow cheque numbers so far this spring with all the crap going on?
Most probably wait till the last week to see what offers they might change but just curious.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pistons on boosted sleds is 3000km shelf life according to Brent/redline/BJ.. guys that work on this stuff every day over the years

My impulse got tired at 3500km.. had pistons in truck to do the job.. lesson learned.. less boost the more km
Fred you have been blowing up motors prematurely for as long as I've known you. Lol. That being said we are talking about the new 850T so we should all expect the life of the motor to last longer than a sled with 8-10lbs boost.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How’s the snow cheque numbers so far this spring with all the crap going on?
Most probably wait till the last week to see what offers they might change but just curious.
I can't speak for the whole industry but would have to think they are poor for all brands. BRP picked a bad year to release a turbo sled with all this pandemic stuff. Now its not just the oil and gas sector that's out of work.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the whole industry but would have to think they are poor for all brands. BRP picked a bad year to release a turbo sled with all this pandemic stuff. Now its not just the oil and gas sector that's out of work.

Thanks Ken and do you think if terrible numbers BRP will try a sweeten the pot as time moves on?
Better warranty or whatever they can dream up ?
Or just give you dealers more floor units and screw the snow cheque ?

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When the turbo was released no one was dying from the corona yet were they? unless!!!....Polaris started the COVID-19 to kill turbski sales for doo. Fawk im smrt, patting myself on back now!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ken and do you think if terrible numbers BRP will try a sweeten the pot as time moves on?
Better warranty or whatever they can dream up ?
Or just give you dealers more floor units and screw the snow cheque ?
Whatever they do it won't be in favor for the dealers I can guarantee you that. They have offered an extra $500 incentive for repeat buyers that made a list but really the main communicate they have sent dealers is please change your advertising from "Spring Fever" to "Spring Sales Event". lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fred you have been blowing up motors prematurely for as long as I've known you. Lol. That being said we are talking about the new 850T so we should all expect the life of the motor to last longer than a sled with 8-10lbs boost.

Very true, some of us push things to limitations, some of us not.. for guys that ride and climb, will definitely have less life than meadow riders.. but until we have more solid info on piston life boosted I would follow recommends of the builders repairing them

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we dont need to start this again do we? The 850T makes no boost, and no more power over stock LOL. Warranty will climb to 4 years in time, and you will see these sleds with 5000+ km

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No you dont have to pay pst, it all goes based on you address
I stand corrected.... took me awhile to dig that sucker up. 20200325_102622.jpg

You berta/BC guys would pay $19,948.95 for the bare sled.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone actually think BRP hasnt tested these things to 8000km and beyond?

Yes they have over 10km I was told on the Quebec trail system, now they also tested the etec 800 on similar trails.. means nothing to the hard mountain rider sadly

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone actually think BRP hasnt tested these things to 8000km and beyond?

Just like all manufactures . Just like the G4 with no bulk head problems , belt problems, clutch alignment. Blah blah
Could keep going on and on from years past. Lol
1000 RT , 2008 xp ringing any bells as how they test this stuff for years before released ?!!

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you guys were 5%+6%?

Im Albertan, I actually called and pulled 20 G out of my account and was going to pick it up.
Then I got thinking 7 hr drive, unfair for my local dealer to service. And Actually is not that great of a deal when you factor in the 2021,s come with 2 yr warranty - to add another year to a 2020.5 850T is not cheap.
When I get home from work there is a dealer close to me that has one, still deciding.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im Albertan, I actually called and pulled 20 G out of my account and was going to pick it up.
Then I got thinking 7 hr drive, unfair for my local dealer to service. And Actually is not that great of a deal when you factor in the 2021,s come with 2 yr warranty - to add another year to a 2020.5 850T is not cheap.
When I get home from work there is a dealer close to me that has one, still deciding.

Offer them 18,000 + GST bet they will take it, that sweetens the pot.

• Thanks
Reactions: K45
Top Bottom