January 2011 - Conditions

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I was taking the avy course on Friday, and there were only a handful of people that were up Lucile other than us. They seemed to be sticking to smaller terrain (although some of it was steep), and spent a bunch of time close to us. Ric, you said that the avalanche was near the "Waterfall" area, would you have any more information, as there is nothing on the CAC site about the avalanche yet, and I have never heard of any area called "Waterfall" in Lucile. That event probably changed Lori and Randy's course outline a little bit.....

Don't know if it has been formally reported yet - they took photos and other info and I think it is being submitted later this week.
It was clearly the Peeps choice to bang away on an unstable hill, he has Avy training and had been buried before and knows the risks. Randy touched on the course a bit over a Pop that night - no change to the course, and it's not the first time they have gone to a rescue during a course...right Browneyes???

The waterfall is hidden in the trees, it's a small area where the avy won't be huge, but snow pack can be large as was found on Saturday.

Hope that helps a bit.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
oh my god you guys figured out the parking pattern :eek:

We were "keeners"
Our failure was just trying to get to the mountain - we had Peeps stuck everywhere...lol.
Sledding is a Social Sport so Team Sledbunnyracing was more than glad to len a hand getting those peeps unstuck

Team Sledbunnyracing this weekend
  • Summitric
  • Tyler G
  • CJ Uffy
  • JuniorHighmark
  • Sledbunnyracing
  • BiotchInTraining
  • Sara

79052d1295891904-january-2011-conditions-img_0194.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
we were "keeners"
our failure was just trying to get to the mountain - we had peeps stuck everywhere...lol.
Sledding is a social sport so team sledbunnyracing was more than glad to len a hand getting those peeps unstuck

team sledbunnyracing this weekend
  • summitric
  • tyler g
  • cj uffy
  • juniorhighmark
  • sledbunnyracing
  • biotchintraining
  • sara

79052d1295891904-january-2011-conditions-img_0194.jpg

and look at that new bright green hcr on the front RIGHT.... Nice!!!

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think so timmy...... Those shocks on the hcr are really stiff..... Kinda hurt on the bumpy trail down from bell......the m was much better for that.

We got alot complaints from renters last season about the HCR's being to stiff and that is why went with the sno pro limited sleds this season for rentals and everyone has come back sayin that they loved them. Because the only difference between the hcr and the rest are the hcr has alot stiffer susp, wider ski stance, and stiffer track.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it has been formally reported yet - they took photos and other info and I think it is being submitted later this week.
It was clearly the Peeps choice to bang away on an unstable hill, he has Avy training and had been buried before and knows the risks. Randy touched on the course a bit over a Pop that night - no change to the course, and it's not the first time they have gone to a rescue during a course...right Browneyes???

The waterfall is hidden in the trees, it's a small area where the avy won't be huge, but snow pack can be large as was found on Saturday.

Hope that helps a bit.

Totally right Sledbunnyracing, AST 1 in Valemount in December. People need to be a little be more cautious, especially when the hazards are right in front of you! SAFE SLEDDING peeps!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw the avalanche video..absolutely retarded is all i will say. shouldnt be on slopes like that after this kind of snow fall

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw the avalanche video..absolutely retarded is all i will say. glad my group has some brains.

I have talked with a couple of the guys that were there and they said that they learned a fair bit from tha texperience. I hope everyone involved learned something from it. They learned little things like makin a point of havin 2 people in your group more or less appointed as leaders in the case of an emergency and things like that. Also the one guy said the he will be buying a new probe as he has one of the SOS ones that fits in the shovel handle that you have to extend then put the clip in to keep it extended he said it wouldn't stay together so he is going to buy a BCA one before his next trip out. He was greatly disappointed with the new SOS gear.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
......... That was interesting..... We were in the middle of our avy course in lucille and a guy on an xp came rippin' up to our group and said a guy was buried in an avy. It was in the waterfall area, and randy from zac,s tracks and mac(mcbride s&r) and chris(heli-skiing captain from valemount) and another fellow(sorry, can't remember his name) ripped over to the avy site and helped dig him out..... He was about 1 1/2 meters underneath and they had already uncovered his face, but his face and lips were blue and he was "out".... They quickly got the snowpack off his chest and he suddenly came to, and they finished uncovering him.... After he composed himself and recovered somewhat, he came over to our group and talked with us for a while. Matt elliot said this wasn't the first one he was in, but it was the worst he was buried..... Glad you're okay matt(although extremely rattled by the situation). Alive to ride another day.

The other guy's name was Jessie, another great guy!

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's right......thank you...... Couldn't remember his name for the life of me.....when y'all headin' out sleddin' again? and did she get the clutch bolt fixed on that '99 summit?

Glengine, my saviour, fixed it Satuday night and we rode Renshaw yesterday. We're heading to Jackson Hole, Wyoming this Thursday for skiing and sledding in Yellowstone, I hope it's as good as McBride was this weekend! Then on to Revy for the Ladies ride in March. I LOVE WINTER!!!!!!

Top Bottom