January 2011 - Conditions

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome day in Renshaw today!
Lots of bottomless powder in the trees, some of the more open area's are blown off but we stayed safe in the slightly sloped meadows and low area close to the cabin. The sun made a welcomed appearance after lunch. Saw a few of guys up in the high alpine... looked scary. Probably the single best day of mountain sledding of my life! No time for pics lol

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Lucille today. There was still quite a bit of powder to play in. By the cabin it was wind blown a bit and not as deep. We dropped in to the lower area via the granny trail and played down there. Powder was from 1' deep to over 4' in some of the lower areas that we played in. Never played on any real hills as the avy risk was high. Never really had any stucks except for me doing a donut and digging in and when I ran low on fuel and stopped. The drifts by the tree's were great to play on. Large group of people taking the avalanche course, great. There was still lots of untouched areas, and most people were staying off the hills.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Glad to hear that everyone had a great weekend! Looks to be another good one coming up! Lucille is being groomed this evening for Monday Morning, and we might actually get some more sun tommorow!
See you on the Hills!

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucille was windy and tons of powder on Saturday, stuck twice, hit a tree once! Thanks Randy for getting my sled out!! Renshaw was amazing today. There was sooooo much powder. Only one big dig out, not me and oh ya, thanks for the help Grande Cache and Grande Prairie guys!! The rest of the day was a blast :) Thanks again to Glengine for the quick repairs so we could get a second day of sledding in today, you're the best!!

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucille was windy and tons of powder on Saturday, stuck twice, hit a tree once! Thanks Randy for getting my sled out!! Renshaw was amazing today. There was sooooo much powder. Only one big dig out, not me and oh ya, thanks for the help Grande Cache and Grande Prairie guys!! The rest of the day was a blast :) Thanks again to Glengine for the quick repairs so we could get a second day of sledding in today, you're the best!!

We were glad to help! It was nice to meet you gals. Have fun in Jackson!
I was shocked at the lack of sleds up in Renshaw today, it was truly epic.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
that guy burried in lucile on saturday sure was lucky the avy courrse was going on that day and the instructors were able to dig him out :nono:

......... That was interesting..... We were in the middle of our avy course in lucille and a guy on an xp came rippin' up to our group and said a guy was buried in an avy. It was in the waterfall area, and randy from zac,s tracks and mac(mcbride s&r) and chris(heli-skiing captain from valemount) and another fellow(sorry, can't remember his name) ripped over to the avy site and helped dig him out..... He was about 1 1/2 meters underneath and they had already uncovered his face, but his face and lips were blue and he was "out".... They quickly got the snowpack off his chest and he suddenly came to, and they finished uncovering him.... After he composed himself and recovered somewhat, he came over to our group and talked with us for a while. Matt elliot said this wasn't the first one he was in, but it was the worst he was buried..... Glad you're okay matt(although extremely rattled by the situation). Alive to ride another day.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The snow in bell was unbelieveable..... We never left the hill til 3:30pm because the day started out a little overcast with some blue peeping through. Then before lunch it was bluebird skies and awesome. Epic snow and we pushed huge snow all day. Half the fun was the workout of gettin' sleds unstuck all day......... Unbelieveable snow up bell, and probably the best powder day we've had in mcbride in years........

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Nothing but Snow in McBride this weekend
Belle was great on Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 379

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was taking the avy course on Friday, and there were only a handful of people that were up Lucile other than us. They seemed to be sticking to smaller terrain (although some of it was steep), and spent a bunch of time close to us. Ric, you said that the avalanche was near the "Waterfall" area, would you have any more information, as there is nothing on the CAC site about the avalanche yet, and I have never heard of any area called "Waterfall" in Lucile. That event probably changed Lori and Randy's course outline a little bit.....

Top Bottom