James Cameron in Edmonton

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
What do you think about James Cameron's latest mission?

Film director James Cameron meets with Alberta premier

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqPnhbmpVg[/media]

He's probably right but it's bad publicity for Alberta.

They should have had David Suzuki here too to turn it into a real interesting "Bash Alberta" event. I'm sure the Canadian Gv't wouldn't miss the money the Oil Industry injects into it's economy.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he should go back to Ont and continue to suck the life from alberta from there. WHO The Fawk does this guy think he is? He lives in a fantasy world of blue people. I still refuse to watch or buy any of his movies.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am sure that if they put them both on a plane over seeing the trailing ponds that an ironic coincidence plane crash,i.e. ran out of fuel, could happen and most peeps wouldn't mind.:eek:

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm guy lives in an 8000 Sq Ft house, has a 2nd 6000 Sq Ft one.....flew to 107 cities to promote "Avatar"....seems to be the last guy who should be talking about carbon footprints.....

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm guy lives in an 8000 Sq Ft house, has a 2nd 6000 Sq Ft one.....flew to 107 cities to promote "Avatar"....seems to be the last guy who should be talking about carbon footprints.....

Hahaha. Pretty much eh? :beer:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the end though, me paying to see his movies would make about as much of a dent in his bank account as he is going to make in the Alberta oil industry. And that aint much!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only reason the oil sand are there is because of our thirst for fuels
I will not get into the "is it right or wrong" debate, but as long as these clowns keep raising a stink and force the oil sands and the Alberta goverment to react, they successfully raise the cost to produce.
I am sure that his privet jet and other posessions are enviromently friendly:rolleyes:
as mentioned earlier in this thread.
If they were as concerned as they say, they would at least fly west jet with the rest of us and use hybrid cars, but this will not happen
The only thing this will acomplish is drive the cost of fuel up so that more and more of us pheasants can not afford to enjoy life and must work more to make ends meet while the extra cost of fuel for all their privet jets and such will be reflected in the costs for movies or whatever they do.
The snowballing effect will only hurt the lower and middle class people.
Untill we (ALL CANADIANS) start fighting back like boycotting anyone that shoots off their mouth, (nobody I know now shops at bed bath and beyond) this will keep on.
It is funny that all this publicity is raised about us and our oilsands, but everyone forgets we are just the pee-ons that refine it and send it south. Truth be known, major shareholders of the oilsnds are american owned

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you think about James Cameron's latest mission?

He's probably right but it's bad publicity for Alberta.

Unlike Brazil though - there has not been 25,000 indigenous people relocated out of Fort McMurray - if anything joint ventures have created opportunities. There has to be balance however.............it will be interesting to see what US media makes of the Moab, Utah Oilsands project once that gets underway in the US.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:Frankly this rather pi$$es me off. Who is he to come to Canada and decide what is good, bad or ugly. What expertise does he have with the patch? Why is anyone giving him the time of day? I think he is getting way too much face time. It kills me that he is being courted around by anyone that he will grace with his presence, like he is some holier than thou king of oil.
I am getting really tired how so many people, groups, companies, celebrities think that Fort Mac is some how the a$$hole of the environment. I would love to see Alberta say. "No problem, buy your oil some where else" and close the tap to the US. See how fast the US apologizes and comes sucking up to Alberta as we are the NUMBER ONE supplier of oil to the US. Alberta has more oil and oil reserves than SAUDI ARABIA!!!
To all the companies that want to shun Alberta oil and encourage their suppliers, delivery companies to buy non Alberta Oil then put your money where your mouth is and get the hell out of Alberta. Because the revenues they generate are from ALBERTA OIL. You'll gladly take our money but not support the industry that generates that money. GTFOH!!!

Now dont get me started.... I am just sayin...:realmad::realmad::realmad:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
why doesn't he stay in the US and worry about oil spills and the pollution from the big cities......people get fixated on chit that hits the media and attack what is getting the most press. they cant even compare the impact of the oil sands to they're issues but famous names are a way to take the focus off of them.....

timing is key, they have an environmental disaster, just get the "its cleaned up" into the media, time for someone to take the focus off of it....how better than to have a huge international name come to Canada and post it in the papers......

when Mr. Cameron, and the rest of these tree hugging celebrity hypocrites stop flying they're private jets to they're ecological stands....maybe...MAYBE someone will take them seriously......just sayin

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belong to the Oil and Gas industry and I have worked in some interesting places that do interesting things to make the Black Gold.
Truth is that the Oilsands industry does need to clean up its act. The direction is changing for the best, but it would not have happened as quickly if there was not international media to pressure the indudtry to clean up.
Saying that, some of the pressure comes from hypocrypts, that fly in from many miles, are members of certains industries that do not manage their waste or consumption of energy.
Stelmach is in a reactionary mode to protect our asset, so far Canada has not cut one barrel of export to where it goes, inspite of the saber rattling of our customers.

Top Bottom