Is alberta leaving?

Indy245

Reaction score
Oil is not going away - never will happen in our lifetime. We will always need it. You are right it is short sighted to not start investing in newer technologies but lets get the billions out of it now...We likely won't separate either, but the amount of money Canada makes off Alberta mean we need to have that option on the table so we have more negotiating power.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Alberta leaving....no, won't happen....

But, I'm really disappointed in Newfoundland.....1000's of them had no issues working in Alberta when things were good ....but yet they vote in a red sweep of Liberal seats....do they realize that the Libs hate Alberta and our oil industry? Why would you vote for a party that is killing the west and then come this way for employment? Thanks for the support! Talk about working the system!

Next time you get a job in Alberta, maybe the income tax should stay in the province where you worked.

lol, you are blaming the conservative loss of Canadian election on a province with a total of 7 federal seats, give yer ahead a shake!

Scheer lost because he is milktoast, and no one thought he could do the job.

you would be better off asking why that was?

better to be asking why Ontario and Quebec voted Trudy also.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want to turf trudy , Scheer needs to go first, it was his election to lose and he did. that is where the problem starts. a strong leader is needed, not mr wishy washy.

otherwise your just flapping your lips.

the old adage nice guys finish last applies here.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't politicians of all stripes said something similar, before, after and in between every boom and bust cycle.

The concepts of leveraging what we have today and planning for tomorrow are not mutually exclusive. In fact, being able to properly leverage our resources today should enable us to be better prepared down the road.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A light bulb turned on for me this morning. If every oil rig and company renamed themselves SNC all problems would be solved - SNC trans mountain, SNC drill rigs, SNC gasoline ,imagine the possibilities.

SNC beer, blow and babes

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yukon, and iquilat voted lieberal, and nunavut voted ndpee.... Yukon won't leave the confederation
Yukon voted Conservative, PPC split that vote and just barely let the liberals win.

Lots of people up there aren't scared to work, and know all about getting bent over by the feds.
3ccaf97663d39e76709a28f1d6af4677.jpg

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want to turf trudy , Scheer needs to go first, it was his election to lose and he did. that is where the problem starts. a strong leader is needed, not mr wishy washy.

otherwise your just flapping your lips.

the old adage nice guys finish last applies here.

I agree
He never ever closed the deal.
Never sold him self all you heard was bashing but no solutions.

I’m in technical sales and no one wants to hear why the competition sucks even though it’s true, people want to know what you can do to fix the problem and why your product is what they need.
Scheer has to go

Last edited:

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree
He never ever closed the deal.
Never sold him self all you heard was bashing but no solutions.

I’m in technical sales and no one wants to hear why the competition sucks even though it’s true, people want to know what you can do to fix the problem and why your product is what they need.
Scheer has to go
Yep ... big part of why Tdope still picked up 6 seats here ... Local member here - Shamus - not strong much like his buddy - lots of fluff - problem being that pc candidate is an unknown and Scheer didn't help ...a decent candidate and the district would have went pc as it has been many times before.

Reactions: win

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't politicians of all stripes said something similar, before, after and in between every boom and bust cycle.

Yup, but I think we should be pushing for economic diversity just as much as we're pushing for resource development. That should probably be one of Alberta's next major ballot box issues. ...sadly it will probably take a back seat climate change and gay rights.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what if you add the ndp and green to the lib total?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really wish that Rona Ambrose was the head of the Conservative party, the election would have been much different...

I wonder how they would have done if Bernier was leading the CPC. ...can't figure out if they would have done better or worse.

Top Bottom