Insurance Costs

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding Abroad refers to overseas.
The standard SPF1 covers you in Canada and the continental US. (Google it and you can read coverage or go pick up a copy where you buy your auto insurance)
Coverage has nothing to do with Mtn's vs Flat, you are rated on your driving record and the CC's of the sled. Many Co's don't want the ATV markets and their premiums reflect that.

Actually it means a foreign country, not just overseas. Such as USA, Mexico, ETC.

You are right that they charge you based on the sled model and the CC's, your pro and my pro cost they same amount through two different company's. I stand corrected, but I have been told that when riding in the mountains that the insurance company is leary of mountain riders. This because of the amount of sleds totalled there. You got to admit that it would be pretty easy to finish off a sled out there and claim the sled for replacement cost. I know for Fact that my agent asked if the sled would be riden in the mountains. This might or might not mean anything, and No I have not had any claims.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Got my quotes back today, and I am covered anywhere, Canada, US, SK, AB, BC, trail or mountains does not matter.

For my 2011 full replacement value, full collision, 1M liability, 500 ded, it was $843/yr. My current insurer does it for about $200 less, so I guess I was doing ok after all. I insured all mine with full coverage, and collision this year.

I asked for and have received a letter stating that my coverage is valid regarless of location within North America.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, Phoned my insurance company and got the low down. Fire theft PL PD is, as we all know the least amount of insurance we can get. Collision is next and it costs the most because of the high rate of snowmobile claims. The third and the most you can have is all perils which as we know covers everything including the helicopter ride out for you twisted wreak of a sled, which just collision won't. Somehow in the mix of discussion, I got confused and thought I heard that mountain riders where insured seperatly which couldn't be any futher from the truth.

spikeydave

Reaction score
Just got a quote from Dravden Insurance Broker which uses Novex Insurance and for my 2010 Nytro 162" SE the cost is:

We currently offer reduced rates on a joint program between Novex insurance and the Alberta Snowmobile Association. If you are a member of the ASA (annual cost is $60) you would be eligible for the rates below;

1 Million liability $55/year
All Perils coverage w/$500 deductible = $496/year
Total = $$551/year

If you sled was/is purchased brand new you can also purchase a waiver of depreciation for $35/yr valid for 24 months from purchase.

Please note that Novex also offers a substantial discount to ASA members for their home and auto insurance. I look forward to speaking with you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call on my direct line at 780-801-3021.

Thank you, Jackie Weaver

For a Grand total including membership to ASA is $646. Best I have seen so far.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2006 Apex MTX is fully covered @ $295/year through Morgex

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ripped off! :rant: Insurance broker said the cheapest is $800 a year for full coverage for my 2011!! :mad: I'm gonna make a phone call right now!!

Ya mines up there to 670 a year full coverage for my 11 m8

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chit you guys think your all payin lots look up the insurance on a turbo sled thread. chit they pay more than i pay for my vehicles.:eek:

albroker

Reaction score
I have my 2 machines 09 rs ventures insured with ING or Intact as they are known now for 147 per machine but this is not coll.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my 2 machines 09 rs ventures insured with ING or Intact as they are known now for 147 per machine but this is not coll.
Your payin too much. My new 2011 Summit full coverage is $440.00 all perils, pl & pd part is $108.00.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2006 Crossfire 600
2002 ZR 800

My current provider has both for $222.00 no collission.

Checked with the TD online calculator and for the same coverage they want $170.00. Hwever I have been told that dealing with a bank insurance Co is very difficult should you have a claim.

I get treated well at the little broker I currently use.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I insure thru TD... and have heard the same but from my own experience they have been excellent to deal with. I had truck/quad stolen... they came back low on the truck but I objected to thier # and within 2 days they got back to me with a very reasonable pay-out.
I've had 2 minor accidents in the past 4 years both legally my fault and the one caused $8800 to my car and probably another $5k to the other, this obviously increased my rate a bit, but only on the primary and each year it comes down a bit more.

I pay $2200 year for my 2 trucks, car, sled, 3 quads and dirtbike. my car is listed as buisiness use, trucks are towing and also cover whatever is being towed, toys are all pl/pd collision, fire & theft.

I think the toys run anywhere from $88 yr for the 125 breeze to $170-ish a year for the summit 670x.

2006 Crossfire 600
2002 ZR 800

My current provider has both for $222.00 no collission.

Checked with the TD online calculator and for the same coverage they want $170.00. Hwever I have been told that dealing with a bank insurance Co is very difficult should you have a claim.

I get treated well at the little broker I currently use.

Top Bottom