Important pre season valemount info

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

There a few small changes around here that people should be aware of. Its a bit of reading, but please email or phone me with any questions relating to our area.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

Allan Creek
Due to severe early season icing, one access trail up to the Allan alpine has been gated to preserve the snow to allow grooming operations to commence. This blockage is to improve the safety, provide a timely access for everyone and to allow us to provide a groomed trail as soon as possible. Please help us out by spreading the word and respecting this blockage until we are able to set trail.

This area is not for beginners in the early season.

Clemina Creek
There is a residence at 3km on the Clemina FSR. The resident has stated to VARDA that they will be periodically plowing the Forest Service Road from 3km to 0km. Due to this plowing, the trail has changed for the first four KMs. The beginning of the trail will be the same as before, but .5kms in; the trail will leave the FSR and utilize an existing trail and hydro line. Due to the ground layout, we will need sufficient snow to fill in a few crossings in order to get the groomer through. Please be patient with us as we prepare for the first groom.

NOTE: This only affects the first 4km of the original trail!

Please remember that it is against the law to operate a snowmobile on a plowed road.

Brushing
Over 45km of trails have been brushed including:

Chappell Creek Oasis
Westridge Family Loop Horsey Creek
Clemina MOF Trail KeyholeConnector

Keyhole
The Keyhole snowmobiling area is now accessed from the Clemina parking lot during regular snowmobiling season. This was due to extremely unsafe parking for the area. There is a small crossing that requires a good amount of lower valley snow to fill, so please be patient with us as we await snowfall.
Please use this new access to the area only.

VARDA Webpage
VARDA is in the process of switching over to a new website to allow easier updating.

Our new page address is Home

This will be the place to look for important information as well as area reports and updates. We are still finalizing and updating this site, please be patient as we work to complete it

VARDA Email
The office email has also been changed to Varda@valemount.ca

PreSeason
Until we are able to get out into the Clemina and Allan Cabins, it would be awesome if early season riders can help out by making sure the cabins remain clean and that all doors are closed at the end of the day. Please let the office know if any facilities need major cleaning or maintenance. If someone has left garbage behind, please do your part by helping to bring it down.

Thank you, ENJOY THE RIDE !

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Curtis. Really hoping the weather holds up want to head out there next week on the 11th. Keep us posted with any updates that you can give.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks.

on another note. lets talk about the allan trail early season. the notorius hill that ices up in early season. its a dangerous spot and everyone should take their time in that spot and make sure each rider makes it up before continuing or you will be piling up at the bottom.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can smell trouble brewing with the residense on the climina fsr. I hope people stick to the new trail

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought that place could be accessed from the highway.

so did I, this came as a surprise, but it is his legal access. I believe he is trying to sell some property or something and needs access as the trains can block that crossing for hours.

Once the trail is set it will be fine. But, if the road has not been plowed and is not fit for vehicle use, we ARE allowed on it.

shellnekov

Reaction score
so did I, this came as a surprise, but it is his legal access. I believe he is trying to sell some property or something and needs access as the trains can block that crossing for hours.

Once the trail is set it will be fine. But, if the road has not been plowed and is not fit for vehicle use, we ARE allowed on it.

I thought that only if the BC province upkeeps the road it is off limits. Not if personally plowed. Do you know who is plowing it?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
******** MODS******** you should make this a stay at the top of the page.. this is a good post and everyone should be able to read this!!!!!

i was looking for this before i went on the weekend and couldnt find it altho i didnt really look to hard just on the main two pages.:beer::d

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Curtis for all your time and effort we all appreciate it a tonne !!! thanks buddy from all of us cheers!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a cost for accessing Allen Creek?
EX. Grooming fees?

Yes, a trail pass to our managed areas is $15 and is in place once grooming begins.

The trail up Allan was set yesterday, we are hoping for a cold night or two this week to help is set. We will regroom Thursday night for Fri and Saturday.

Clemina is getting worked on today, I will report when I can, but the trail should be ready for friday as well. Due to the plowing, we are using the paralelling trail. It begins the same as always and is signed ok for now. Please do not use the FSR for the first 3km.

Chappell very soon to follow
c

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, a trail pass to our managed areas is $15 and is in place once grooming begins.

The trail up Allan was set yesterday, we are hoping for a cold night or two this week to help is set. We will regroom Thursday night for Fri and Saturday.

Clemina is getting worked on today, I will report when I can, but the trail should be ready for friday as well. Due to the plowing, we are using the paralelling trail. It begins the same as always and is signed ok for now. Please do not use the FSR for the first 3km.

Chappell very soon to follow
c

Hey Depsnolver couple of us coming from Edmonton with a large group from Sask-a-bush to ride Chappel Dec 4 will it be groomed and how much cash should I tell the boys to have ready?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Depsnolver couple of us coming from Edmonton with a large group from Sask-a-bush to ride Chappel Dec 4 will it be groomed and how much cash should I tell the boys to have ready?

If all goes according to plan, we will set the first groom into chappell on the afternoon of the 3rd, so yes it will be ready for the 4th(barring unforseen cirumstances)

Passes are $15 each.

Top Bottom