i guess everything breaks down eventually....

mudhunter

Reaction score
If that's not it ( which makes sense), I'd lube up your choke cable and throttle cable if possible and the connections at top and bottom... If it won't do what it's supposed to it won't run...

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's not it ( which makes sense), I'd lube up your choke cable and throttle cable if possible and the connections at top and bottom... If it won't do what it's supposed to it won't run...

thanks..........took the carb apart today and i'm cleaning it over night , putting it back together tomorrow to try it........hopefully it'll work......

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or did it conk out again, if it died again, remove tank and clean thoroughly, probably full of crap, which can be expected if it has been sitting for a long time like it sounds like it has.
takes a while to get it all out, did a guys sled a couple years back took us about 1hr or so of flushing and rinsing to finally get the tank clean, that crap, evaporated fuel, is like friggen glue in there.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or did it conk out again, if it died again, remove tank and clean thoroughly, probably full of crap, which can be expected if it has been sitting for a long time like it sounds like it has.
takes a while to get it all out, did a guys sled a couple years back took us about 1hr or so of flushing and rinsing to finally get the tank clean, that crap, evaporated fuel, is like friggen glue in there.

whats best to clean it with???

yea it just dies , as soon as the throttle is touched it cuts out.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats best to clean it with???

yea it just dies , as soon as the throttle is touched it cuts out.

i just kept flushing with new gas, that way you get no outside contamination. same same stuff in tank
somebody else may have something better though.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your a little late throwing out that warning Maxwell.:rolleyes:

But seriously just keep rinsing until the gas comes out clean.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so just put new gas in and shake it around?:confused:

Yep eventually it should come out clean remove all fuel lines and rinse out as well. Will also have yto redo your carb again as all that crap makes it back to the carb and is in everything to that point. Good luck.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, did you take out the screen on top of the fuel shut off (in the tank) ?

Take out the shut off, clean the screen, while cleaning the rest of the tank

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry about the spelling you will like this go the drug store buy 4 large jugs of isioproply alcohal only chit I know that will melt the crap in your gas tank #2 hand full of ball bearing dump it in the tank & shake the chit out of it. It will look like brand new inside, use a magnet to retrive ball bearings don't beat the filter screen to death remove it

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel when left can be a major problem.My bike had sat for four years when I bought it and the tank and carb were full of varnish.Took a week in a dunk tank to get it cleaned.Flushed the tank and put an inline fuel filter in it and works great now,Seafoam also helps alot used it in the old gas and let it sit for the week as well.Cleaned it up good

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep eventually it should come out clean remove all fuel lines and rinse out as well. Will also have yto redo your carb again as all that crap makes it back to the carb and is in everything to that point. Good luck.

sorry about the spelling you will like this go the drug store buy 4 large jugs of isioproply alcohal only chit I know that will melt the crap in your gas tank #2 hand full of ball bearing dump it in the tank & shake the chit out of it. It will look like brand new inside, use a magnet to retrive ball bearings don't beat the filter screen to death remove it

excellent adivce , thanks!

Top Bottom