i guess everything breaks down eventually....

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well today my yamaha for the first time let me down:( for some reason it only runs on choke and only starts on choke! checked the plug and its perfect! last weekend it ran fine.....today not so much......starting to annoy the neighbors from starting it lol as soon as you let the clutch it it stalls , unless its on choke , so to me its a fuel problem! anyone have any idea on how to fix it? its a 79 yamaha et 125............thanks

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well today my yamaha for the first time let me down:( for some reason it only runs on choke and only starts on choke! checked the plug and its perfect! last weekend it ran fine.....today not so much......starting to annoy the neighbors from starting it lol as soon as you let the clutch it it stalls , unless its on choke , so to me its a fuel problem! anyone have any idea on how to fix it? its a 79 yamaha et 125............thanks

liar, yamahas dont break down.

lol

try new fuel, cleaning carb and air filter. check for any vacuum hoses off or anything of the sort

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe the Neighbors gave it a tune up since last weekend ? ........lol :)

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when an engine will only run on the choke it is because it has more air than fuel. Hence choke. soooooooo you have a fule problem and for an old bike like that its probly the fuel strainer.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your boot. it may be cracked and sucking air. you can spray WD 40 at the boot and it should slow down or if you want spray either at ther boot and it should rev up. either way will indicate if you boot is pooched.

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score
check and clean the carb especially your pilot jet,if it still wont run properly check your reed valves if one has broken or split it wont run properly,also check your crank seals they could be leaking air on the mag side,would suck oil in on the clutch side..

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is it on this bike? any idea on that?

and thanks

sorry bud but no and i thought it was a 4 stroker. the cracked boots are something to look at, basically anyway that air can be suckt in is suspect. If there isnt a fuel strainer off the tank( where the on res switch) is there is usually a small screen in there but my experience is honda in that era. Hope it helps

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be a screen in the tank, attached to the fuel "pet cock". should just b held on with two small bolt (to the tank). take out the bolts, pull the fuel cock, clean the screen.

there should also be an in-line filter on that bike.....if there isn't......install one

if that don't work, try praying

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be a screen in the tank, attached to the fuel "pet cock". should just b held on with two small bolt (to the tank). take out the bolts, pull the fuel cock, clean the screen.

there should also be an in-line filter on that bike.....if there isn't......install one

if that don't work, try praying

oh and ive already prayed about it.........

just sayin......

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wash it with Holy Water, or you could do what my rig hands in Pakistan did when their rig wouldn't run right and sacrifice a goat.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think i figured it out! the mechanic who last cleaned the carbs didn't put hose clamps on the lines , therefore it sucks air.......thats my opinion anyhow! gotta get some clamps domardo! let yall know the conclusion........

Top Bottom