i bet youv'e never seen this in person

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i came across this pick on the net. id love to know what lake it was in. no way you'd catch me swimming there. lol
i can't imagine what i'd do if i seen this. thank god they had sence enough to take a picutre

you'll never see this twice.jpg

Last edited:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to know its not from around here
can fish get that big around here and if so what lakes?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
caught a walleye in the north saskatchewan river south of spruce grove , pike came and latched onto it and I brought them both on shore , but no pic's but had witnesses

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
nice to know its not from around here
can fish get that big around here and if so what lakes?

There are 40lb jack in Wabamun, my buddy has a 37.5lb'r mounted in his cabin caught off the end of his dock. Don't worry Jerome they don't eat people.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There are 40lb jack in Wabamun, my buddy has a 37.5lb'r mounted in his cabin caught off the end of his dock. Don't worry Jerome they don't eat people.....

are you sure? they are called Slough Sharks!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's a nice fish, those pics have been floating around for a few years. these were in the same email with that one....

Northern_220ready.jpg

huge-pike-1.jpg

here's a nice one from Bistcho Lake AB up near the NWT, it was 48" and the biggest caught in Alberta that year....

pictures1859Small.jpg

2 liter coke bottle in it's mouth.....
pictures1857Small.jpg

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, I've also seen that e-mail from a couple years age (and I still have it!). Love that fish and would love to latch onto one myself. Caught some good sized one in my time but never anything that big. Always good to look at those pics and dream though. :cool:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the biggest fish ive ever cought with a rod n rel was a 15 pound cod fish, back in nova scotia i wouldn't know what to do if i seen something like that break the surface

mind you its not like i haven't seen big fish before my dads a fisherman and ive been there when hes brought in 300+ pound halibut

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was Walleye fishing arounf Lac La Biche one summer. Caught a big Jack on a rubber worm jig. Pulled it into the boat and it had a big perch in it's mouth. Hadn't even got in too far and it was already after my jig. Voracious eaters for sure.

Trout fishing North of Prince George. We were literally catching fish on every cast (best trip of my life). Many of the times when you had a fish on line, there was a couple behind it trying to get a bite. Really freaked me out as it was tough to land some of them with a fish or two chasing....didn't want my hands getting between them.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang, I was working withing sight of Bistcho lake and never went fishing:(.

Caught a 4' jack this summer at a lake north of Fort Mc.Murray this summer. Packed a camara around for a week and didn't catch a fish worth taking a picture of, and last day looked like rain, didn't take the camara. Have witnesses though. There were 4 of us, and hit the hot spot. Caught 7 fish over 15 lbs in about 30 mins. Released them all, so there still swimming around. Was awesome, and will be going back next year.

Largest fish I ever caught was 32lbs about 10 years ago at a fly in lake lodge called Gypsy lake, east of fort mac. Lot's of trophy fish in that lake!!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago at Lac Des Isles Saskatchewan the resort owner said there were some scuba/spear fishermen a few years previous who said they saw fish as big as they were and got out and left. No doubt they were Pike. If there are fish that big they aren't going to take the little 5 of diamonds offering we try to catch them on.

Blu du

Reaction score
that fish was actually 55# and 54" long. it was caught just minutes from my cabin. it was caught in early spring full of spawn. nortern season doesn't close on the river

Top Bottom