how to wash a camel pac

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a klim nak pak, and it always has seemed like the water i drank out of it tasted bad.

I did try and wash the tube last year before I put it away but that doesnt seemed to have worked.

How do you guys wash the pac and he water tube?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a klim nak pak, and it always has seemed like the water i drank out of it tasted bad.

I did try and wash the tube last year before I put it away but that doesnt seemed to have worked.

How do you guys wash the pac and he water tube?

I would just fill it with a dilute vinegar mixture let it sit for 10 mins then rinse thoroughly with water.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Or a weak bleach solution.

Trouble with bleach is it's toxic, if your trying to disinfect a consumable always use something that is ingestible. I don't know much but am fairly versed on how to sterilize things lol.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use those denture cleaning fizzy tablets just drop one in with warm water shake it up let it sit a bit and rinse

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you ask for Camel back? Ask these guys

Attachments

• images camel back.jpg
    images camel back.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 89

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trouble with bleach is it's toxic, if your trying to disinfect a consumable always use something that is ingestible. I don't know much but am fairly versed on how to sterilize things lol.

Then all the water you drink is toxic, bleach is the same as chlorine; sodium hypochlorite it is a 12% bleach solution and is commonly used to treat water (the most commin other then tonners in BIG plants like E.L.smith).

Take about 10mm of bleach mix it in with with your camelback 3/4 full of water (COLD) slosh it around and let it sit for 10 mins or so (this is what we call contact time and it will kill any bacterea) then rinse the pack out a hand full of times with straigh cold water.

The bad taste could be bacterea or chemical residue from manufacturing process but ive never had a "bad" tasting camel back because of chemicals.

But hey what do i know im only a water treatment guy.

Last edited:

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then all the water you drink is toxic, bleach is the same as chlorine; sodium hypochlorite it is a 12% bleach solution and is commonly used to treat water (the most commin other then tonners in BIG plants like E.L.smith).

Take about 10mm of bleach mix it in with with your camelback 3/4 full of water (COLD) slosh it around and let it sit for 10 mins or so (this is what we call contact time and it will kill any bacterea) then rinse the pack out a hand full of times with straigh cold water.

The bad taste could be bacterea or chemical residue from manufacturing process but ive never had a "bad" tasting camel back because of chemicals.

But hey what do i know im only a water trreatment guy.
Yup, this is what I do!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used one the entire time I was training for my marathon.

Didn't do anything special to clean it but was using it 3-4 times a week so it never got stinky. The big thing for me was to make sure you don't leave any water in it. Hang it up and place a paper towel in the bottom of it so it will soak up any water left in it after rinsing. leave paper towel in for a few hours before removing. hang it with the hose so it gravity drains.

Top Bottom