How to get real change

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to disrupt much of the positive feelings going on in the other threads I thought would start a new one.

As it seems the majority of the working class is standing together in solidarity marching on parliament trying to bring down covid mandates and get life back to normal. However and I could be wrong, but what I don't see is any backing from major organizations, lobby groups, unions, campaign contributors, opposition parties or major companies. I've mentioned this before, in order to get real change you have to hit them where it hurts, the pocketbook. In order to disrupt government the opposition would have to get a no confidence vote and although westerners will back the conservatives is O'tool the man for the job? The last couple years have proven he rolls over more than a dog trying to get a treat. Another way to disrupt government is to put pressure on major companies, large employers and especially banks. The problem is the majority of Canadians are so debt ridden we can't afford to stand up to the man. To bring down our government you need to bite the hand that feeds it. What if ALL truckers just stopped, airline workers stopped, railroad workers just stopped, grocery stores didn't open, refineries stopped producing, boarder guards didn't show up, people at power companies employees didn't go to work, mill workers did show up.

I fully support these truckers in Ottawa, but its time to shift the pressure onto major corporations because it seems as though those are the only voices that can be heard from the ivory tower of capital Hill.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
68BDDA39-DEAE-4092-B830-619962D74E59.jpeg

Ever wonder why Trudeau wants to shut the trucks down. His buddy Billy Gates has a lot to gain. Follow the money.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I agree a 1 week nation wide walk off the job would send a message, it does nothing but hurt us. Should power plant operators walk off the job, truck drivers delivering food to grocery stores, should gas stations close down?

How about the aftermath when shortages become more apparent and price gouging accelerates?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As it seems the majority of the working class is standing together in solidarity marching on parliament trying to bring down covid mandates and get life back to normal.

This is the first misunderstanding common for people within this state of mind. They think they are the majority. In reality they make up like 5% of the Canadian population. Ever wonder why things don't go the way you want them to? It's because you are massively outnumbered.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s my crystal ball prediction they will rally left wing media portrays them as extremists. Right wing gives them praise. Federal boarder vaccine rules don’t change and are likely to stay in for years to come. Provincial rules will relax sooner than later as it appears they were headed that way anyways. We get back to west and east in deep divide taxes go up and so do intrest rates .

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s my crystal ball prediction they will rally left wing media portrays them as extremists. Right wing gives them praise. Federal boarder vaccine rules don’t change and are likely to stay in for years to come. Provincial rules will relax sooner than later as it appears they were headed that way anyways. We get back to west and east in deep divide taxes go up and so do intrest rates .
Exactly, without the backing of major interest groups and large employers nothing will change. Rallies or not divided we are and segregated we are becoming.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Social media could have glued society together for the betterment of us all.
This is the first misunderstanding common for people within this state of mind. They think they are the majority. In reality they make up like 5% of the Canadian population. Ever wonder why things don't go the way you want them to? It's because you are massively outnumbered.

Social media has divided us into branches of echo chambers, some people do not live in a shared realty with society as a whole. Zuckeritis, it's a plandemic.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed we need to hit them in the pocket book, but by shutting down to send a message is only going to hurt the common folks. If we stop then everything he is trying to do if taken forward for him by the people. Sadly history always repeats itself, this is why wars and violence work.
if you have lunch money I punch you and take it, has been this way forever. Right now the government is belittling you and taking your lunch money, not once have I seen and beaten kid ask the bully to be nice and it works out for him.
government will not give you back your freedom, we need to take it. Power in numbers bro, if the truckers and support groups take the castle not one of the lefty swinging dog paddling Princes would stand up to us and fight back because their weak and hide behind their government.
winning? This will be the only way to topple the castle and overrun our government.

dukabor

Reaction score
The major corporations are still afraid of retribution….. cancel culture is still alive and well…. BUT every corporation is made up of people, dare I say, just like us….

We need to all take action, to what ever extent we can, it will not be easy for many people, and I will not shame people who won’t “step up publicly” because not everyone can, and the years of fear mongering has laid the groundwork to make people feel ashamed or like outsiders for doing so….

every little bit helps, and just because you aren’t fighting on the front lines…. God bless those folks, this will be won all over the spectrum

Crustyolddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Louis Riel tried, and Ottawa convicted him of treason and executed him. The hardest and bloodiest would be a revolution. People will die. That is worst case scenario. After the Quebec referendum, the liberals under Jean Chretien made it very difficult for provinces to leave confederation. And Ammendment would need to be made to Chretien policy. Then support from all other provinces. You need support from other bodies.

Top Bottom