How many kms r u getting on stock 800r?

shockman

Reaction score
did you just say the rev is better on the trails? you cant be serious.

they are similar in power but the xp is way more comfortable

Yes the XP is way more comfortable!! but I'm not talking about sitting on them hehehe This weekend we had a 35km ride to and from the riding area, after day one I was sore in the upper body and wondered how come my 16yr old kid was on my mud flap all the way down. So on day 2 I told him he was riding the XP back, the 1st thing I thought when on the Rev, was, holy crap this thing is way harder on the knees and seat is to low and handle bars are not high enough etc. etc., A few miles down the road I started giggling like child thinking how much effortless cornering was compared to the XP and better in the bumps as far as hanging on. The kid nor any of the 3 cat guys were anywhere to be seen till after I was on the trailer and sucking the guts out of a Kokanee. The kid got up in the morning whinning about sore arms. Now to qualify all this, I have spent time valveing shocks and such on the Rev which I have not on the XP, but my gut fealing is I'm going to have as much trouble matching the ride to the Rev as I am haveing with getting the track speed to match the Rev.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost the mag side connecting rod bearing at 2450 miles. Looking at the options now, new short block or rebuilt from bottom up with big bore.

Was defininately leaning towards the total rebuild and the BB, but after reading some horror stories about CV Tech and their rebuilt cranks failing, not so sure anymore.

Is there anybody else out there that rebuilds these cranks? Also,noticed a little gouge/nic in one of the ports where the piston or something hit it. Can they fix that with the bigbore? Sorry, no pics.:beer:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you just say the rev is better on the trails? you cant be serious.

they are similar in power but the xp is way more comfortable

I would agree the REV is more comfortable on the trails than the XP.

I owned them BOTH.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I owned 2 revs 1 was carbons carbonfiber mod and now have a xp. And xp out performs in all aspects I can climb higher , tighter lines in the trees and relax on the trip out more then I could on my stock rev just my opinion not facts I have seen some rentals for sale with 10000 k original motor and seen some with 1000 on the second .

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6000 some kilometres on my 2007 cat m8 and still running strong. When will you guys learn?

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just scrapped a piston & cylinder w/ 2700 kms on my 2010 xp :( not so sure about the bottom end being solid anymore. full rebuild, or simply do the top end then trade in time ???????

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll try and post pics tomorrow, It was a very unusual poo poo, thought I had fouled a plug
then it cleared up so I kept riding, pinned it for a few pulls before it went to sh*t then the idiot lights started flashing, pulled the plugs and found lots a silvery dust on one. Im sure it swallowed a fair amount of material thats why Im concerned about the bottom end.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
btw its only seen synthetic doo oil & premium juice, stock other than can, and over heated pretty hard when I pulled over to check it out BEFORE all the guages started flashing and beepin ....... that was pretty strange

snoking

Reaction score
I just pulled my 07 apart at 2400 miles. I have a cracked cylinder wall and a broken exhaust valve. And I was worried about my crank the whole time.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my 2010 XP with just over 1000miles and you can see the coating is starting to wear off already
iphone pics 062.jpg iphone pics 063.jpg

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
I am curious to know how many people do a leak down test every year? A two stroke is a grenade waiting to happen if it isn't properly sealed. Crank runout is great to know also for best performance, but if your two stroke is running lean due to a slight air leak you can kiss it goodbye. I will be checking mine again before I even run it this year, depending on age I will check it more often. If it is zero I will be spending 3 straight weeks in the mountains, if it isn't, depending on how bad it is depends on whether I shorten my trip or re-seal it.

Top Bottom