How is the sled show.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove 8 hrs in the storm and chit weather yesterday ready to spend some cash, and found no acc for sled I wanted, bought a skidoo jacket not like I needed another, bout it was nice. And a new pair of Klim boots. I think less people from bc promoting there area. Hmmmmmmmm

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loved it, miss it most years harvesting.Never bought anything but got to see a lot of great people!

mitty26

Reaction score
Same here , drove a couple hours with a bunch of cash to spend but found nothing but a hat and a couple raffle tickets.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My wife and I were there for the Friday evening. Sure would have been better to go Sat or Sun. QEII was a chit show from Airdrie north on Friday; semi's jack knived and a couple dozen or more people in the ditches.

Edmonton streets/parking was a gong show.

The Show was very quiet Friday evening particularly at the beginning. There were no line ups at Ticket Master!

BC vendors were skinny as Mach1 mentioned; only Revy, Sicamous, Golden, VARDA, and McBride were there for the Friday evening. Don't know if more showed up on Saturday. Many vendors weren't there this year including the Amsoil girls.

Bought a couple BC Link radios at the BCA booth (smoking deal and great dudes to kid along with), saw some old buddies, and had a much needed beer or two in the beer garden!

signedge

Reaction score
Going to get jumped on but here it goes. Why pack all your old stuff up pay for a booth raise the price and then offer 10-20% off 2-3 year old stuff. Not many deals to be had. Martin had some show specials on helmets and stuff but other guys not so much.Good to see the new machines though.

powder dreams

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with signedge. There was next to no deals unless it was ugly as hell or sizes most of us don't fit. I went in with $1000 to blow and walked out with $600. I felt like everything was marked up 30% with 15% off. Almost nothing for sled parts. I wanna say 75% of the gear there was fxr witch I think is some of the worst looking stuff out there. Or you could spend a grand on a mono suit. Avy pack prices went up a few hundred. was pretty disappointed on the thunderstruck/krazy tribute film prices, $35 a piece with no deals is a joke but at least the boondocker guys where top notch with wicked deals like always. Wanted to get a few sets of cfr bars for the sleds and no deals there ether just standard pricing that's up $30 from last year unless you bought a full set up for $500+. Pretty disappointed probably won't be back for a few years... Oh and on top of that $16 for parking? Really?

any one else find the sport is getting out of hand? My pockets aren't deep enough to for most of this crap. I am a bit of a cheap ass but I don't expect anything to be free. I'll be sticking to department store bought gear and what I can find at end of season deals for 40% off.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much smaller show this year and not too many deals ! Seems like a lot of the smaller dealers weren't there . Couldnt find any deals better than I could find online or In stores

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove 8 hrs in the storm and chit weather yesterday ready to spend some cash, and found no acc for sled I wanted, bought a skidoo jacket not like I needed another, bout it was nice. And a new pair of Klim boots. I think less people from bc promoting there area. Hmmmmmmmm
That's cause the Vernon show has gotten bigger and better now

And it's in November

sent while drinking tea's

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Really I think Justin, Racheal and Northlands are some of the reasons as well not to diss the vernon show at all

I agree. Yes, the Vernon show is getting better but for a large show like Edmonton and Saskatoon they need a larger venue. The BC show has come a long way from the early days.

The big boys from BC were there so the province was well represented.

Top Bottom