Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little bigger was tripping ours out ...found a warm spot on a relay
f3f73b95d7c6594240d82f6a0bffdb17.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a dynasty spa, hasn't givin me any problems so far other than if I don't check it everyday the water gets nasty.

Im probably doing something wrong, but seems to be a lot of work keeping the water clear.
I found pissing around with chemicals a waste of time and now I just change water every three months or less and use a bromine tablet dispenser. Chasing PH up and down ans spa shocking all the time I couldnt keep water from getting foamy etc. Just keep water fresh. Get a pump and you can pump out and refill in less than an hour.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found pissing around with chemicals a waste of time and now I just change water every three months or less and use a bromine tablet dispenser. Chasing PH up and down ans spa shocking all the time I couldnt keep water from getting foamy etc. Just keep water fresh. Get a pump and you can pump out and refill in less than an hour.

I got a pump already, just dont want to fk with it because its -20.

When it warms up a bit im going to change it.

Ill try those tablets out when i change it.

Thanks!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta make the real dirty ones shower before they get in!

Good advice, but no one has been in it this week but me. And I shower before and after. Use clean shorts with out soap residue ext.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely change water more often I had troubles getting water on the paper where it was supposed to be, store guy said give it some chlorine so I did still trouble talked to him again he give it a shot and a good shot that did it I was scared to give it a shot of chlorine, also you have to use town water not well water was a huge difference trying to adjust the water much better with town water,

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bingo

Also use same suit and hang dry it , don't ever wash it , the detergents also fawk the water we found

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The test strips are garbage, I do commercial hot tub service and you need to proper test kit to know what your levels are
Keep chlorine up, adjust alkalinity and pH will follow.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might just pay someone to look after it for me. Im gonna try the bromine tablets first and change water often.

Its not real fun to do when its cold though

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might just pay someone to look after it for me. Im gonna try the bromine tablets first and change water often.

Its not real fun to do when its cold though
Bromine 150 % over chlorine

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love our hot tub. We still use it every day. Had one at my old place in Beaumont. Bought a new beachcomber for my place here. Have been happy with it other than the mice getting into it. For 10k they should make the damned thing completely mouseproof.

For the guys having problems keeping them clean.....do you have an ozonator? The reason I ask is I have one and I'm guessing it is the reason mine is so forgiving. I'm super neglectful with the maintenance and it is fine. If the kids are in it alot it can get pretty gross in a hurry.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no ozone. im not getting a different tub now, so have to work with what i got. lol

Levithan

Reaction score
My Hydropool has been great for the past 6yrs, just changed the cover material and it's like new again. Gonna try that 303 stuff and see if the cover will last more than 5yrs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a big deal to add one? Maybe I'm wrong

Could be, Im not sure what they are or even what they look like. Im no tub expert. Ill look into it though.

MetalSled

Reaction score
Could be, Im not sure what they are or even what they look like. Im no tub expert. Ill look into it though.
Highly recomend this product:

AhhSome – Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing and Jet Cleaner for Jetted Tub - Purges 400 Gallon Water Tub 4 Times (2 Oz)​

Amazon carries it ( concetrate). We dilute it as per instructions and add about 2 oz(diluted) once a week. It will create a light green/blue scum ring that is easy to wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Our water is always clear, works great. We change our water twice a year spring/fall. Before the water change I remove filters and pillows, then add 1 Table spoon of AffSome concentrate to the tub, let is cycle over night and drain the next day.

Top Bottom