Here, try my turbo !

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the good fortune to try out a friends boosted sled out on the hill? Did you end up getting one? I sit here and think my next sled will be a D8, but is it only cause I haven't ridden with boost?

My skills aren't to the level that I would be able to "represent" on the turbo, with some mad lines or whatever - But at the same time I love my 400 RWHP Duramax and I can't drive like Robby Gordon either.

Thoughts?

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I tried a boosted Apex, and a TM1000, and still ride a stock sled. Both were quite the addrenaline rush, but just not for the kind of riding I enjoy. We took 1 of my buddies on a deep snow day last year, in the tight trees, and he couldn't stay with us. On the straight up hills, he smoked us, but in the tight trees it's a different story. Could have been rider too. Trying to dig that thing out a few times after he'd hit a tree, was enough for me to not buy one. The TM was fun, and had me shakin for 20 minutes after I was done riding it. Almost too much power, if there's such a thing. I just couldn't control it. 300hp is great, if your racing or climbing chutes. If your in to boondocking, and crawling through real tight trees, the stock XP did just fine. I think the D7 or D8 with the pump gas turbo running around 6 or 7 lbs would be just about perfect. If they don't have any lag. Here's a picture of what we had to dig out, just so you don't think I'm making it up.

Picture001.jpg

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden a few and am addicted, but my cheque book wont allow it so Ive been going through withdrawl for two years:(.

First boosted ride was the HOT ROD ROOSTER from Arrowhead Customs then soem apex's, M8's etc.

I am seriously considering a M8t runing small boost on pump fuel this year if I can work it out. Not to climb the side of Everest, but just to have soooo much more fun on those 4' pow days

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
A boosted Apex with stock chassis is a handful to ride in tight trees, but if the chassis is done right, they are a blast. If a guy can't ride then no sled is going to help. That pic in the previous post makes my back hurt.;)
I really don't care if people ride my boosted sleds, there just not allowed to point them up anything to big.:nono:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to climb the side of Everest, but just to have soooo much more fun on those 4' pow days

That's what I think I'd want it for. Last year we were playing in bottomless pow and barely able to make it up a slope at all, and then this TM8 just wheelied up the hill like it wasn't there. I was wishing I could play up there too.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha you guys are all talking about these turbos and stuff, im just gonna be happy trying out this new rev (2004 800 summit x ho) me and my dad fixing

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A boosted Apex with stock chassis is a handful to ride in tight trees, but if the chassis is done right, they are a blast. If a guy can't ride then no sled is going to help. That pic in the previous post makes my back hurt.;)
I really don't care if people ride my boosted sleds, there just not allowed to point them up anything to big.:nono:

BAAAAAHHHHHH, GOT YAA..............dont tease.........What are the Baker boys building you???????

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha you guys are all talking about these turbos and stuff, im just gonna be happy trying out this new rev (2004 800 summit x ho) me and my dad fixing

you are going to love your new REV, I have some pics of it in better condition if ya like. lol

GET SOME BOOST!! use2bdoo can I try??... I have a M8T coming and cant wait for 4 plus feet, ummmm yummmy
and if ya feel its a bit too much power just turn it down and save fuel $$ easy,
never enough power,

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit a fresh hill on my King last year, then hoped on a TApex. My King climbs like crazy, but the turbo accelerated up the hill to where I had to let off before I got to the top.:eek: Told him he couldn't let me ride it anymore.:d

Boost will be in my future!!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind trying a t sled out but i dont know many peeps that would let a 16 year old drive there 20 thousand $ sled :D

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind trying a t sled out but i dont know many peeps that would let a 16 year old drive there 20 thousand $ sled :D

PR you would be surprised how many guys who own 30 and 40 thousand dollar sleds that will be more than happy to let you take them for a spin. Probably only 1 request NO chute climbing.
Depending on what sleds we bring to MM09, your more than welcome to give it a go on ours.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
realy? Thanks snotty. I still have to find i ride to mm 09 lol

no one from kelowna or kamloops coming on the trip?? You should maybe make a post, pryder....... I think there are a few b.c. Members going, and maybe they are from the interior, and then it is on the way through...........

Top Bottom