Helmets, what are you wearing?

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the market for a new lid. What are you folks wearing while out having fun this winter?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have wore a fly lite IV for the past two seasons but sold it this past spring and am looking at the klim helmet but i think i'll probably end up going with the new Shoei vfx-w.. The new shoei Has alot of new safety features that are very cool, like quick release cheek pads incase emergency people need to remove your helmet. They will be able to remove your lid without putting any pressure on your neck. The shoei's are also hand built and very good quality.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run a klim skid lid very light and good fitting well thats my 2 cents:d

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Klim F4.... Expensive, but there is a lot of technology in it, it is Snell M2005 approved, there are seperate liners for winter/summer (windproof goretex liner in the winter one), 20mm and 15mm cheek pads, good nose/cheek wind protector insert, spare visor & screws, awesome helmet bag. I find that I heat up very quickly when sledding, and the extreme ventilation of this helmet will help, and with the windproof goretex liner, it is a passive cooling, not direct -15C air ramming your head. It is also very light. Martin Motorsports has them @ $419.99.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wear a One Idustries ..light, removable parts for cleaning. iv never yet felt too hot or cold while wearing it. it seems to regulate the heat just fine for me. and the goggles i use fit well with it ( scott )

lots of good lids out there for sure.. just be sure to bring a set of your goggles with you if you have a prefered pair you wear or want to wear. some times you get unlucky and the combination of the 2 just dosnt feel right

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought the new 509 evolution helmet. decided to give it a try. got a good deal to. the had a preorder special and i got the helmet with a free set of sinister goggles. the still have a bit of a deal on the helmets.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought the new 509 evolution helmet. decided to give it a try. got a good deal to. the had a preorder special and i got the helmet with a free set of sinister goggles. the still have a bit of a deal on the helmets.

x2, i did the pre order too....wished they made a full white helmet tho

They have the helmet and a 10% off coupon or 10 bucks off coupon i cant remember which, then you get free shipping that is like $18 bucks off.

I think it works out to like half off the goggles instead of free goggles but its still a deal

Im going to get the habervision optical insert and their fan as well, i was looking at getting havervisions new snowmobile goggles but i really wanted a snow mask and the larger face foam so i dont have to wear a neoprene face mask, i sweat with it on way too much.

I was thinking about the klim but its a lot of money, and i do get very hot sledding but the klim might be a bit cold for cold days

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right now, nothing. I've never thought of using the computer as an activity that requires a helmet.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You use a computer for fun outside in the winter?

I hate to say it, but I think you're doing it wrong.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't wear a helmet ....helmets are for people who don't know how to ride. :rolleyes:

Besides, how are you going to keep the mullet looking good when you have "helmet hair"?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right now, nothing. I've never thought of using the computer as an activity that requires a helmet.

thats awesome, or maybe scary i was just going to post the exact same thing nearly word for word lol

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2, i did the pre order too....wished they made a full white helmet tho

They have the helmet and a 10% off coupon or 10 bucks off coupon i cant remember which, then you get free shipping that is like $18 bucks off.

I think it works out to like half off the goggles instead of free goggles but its still a deal

Im going to get the habervision optical insert and their fan as well, i was looking at getting havervisions new snowmobile goggles but i really wanted a snow mask and the larger face foam so i dont have to wear a neoprene face mask, i sweat with it on way too much.

I was thinking about the klim but its a lot of money, and i do get very hot sledding but the klim might be a bit cold for cold days

i wish there would have been a couple more color options but i don't mind the black and white. it was to good of a deal to pass up.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Sparwood August 2009 008.jpg

Sparwood August 2009 009.jpg

Sparwood August 2009 010.jpg

Sparwood August 2009 011.jpg

Some pictures of my GMAX, picked it up from Royal Distributing for about a hundred dollars. Lots of people mistake it for a custom airbrushed helmet.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just got a standard HJC lid with no bells or whistles, but I really like the weight of the carbon fibre ones

Slayer666

Reaction score
I got an O'Neil "rockhard motorhead" edition. Not the lightest helmet in the world but feels good, looks good and keeps my melon warm. Also have a No Fear Optimal II that I sometimes wear sledding.

Top Bottom