Hawaii condo rentals??

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I always hear of people rent a condos in hawaii rather than hotel rooms and the wife and I are thinking of maybe taking a month off next winter or at the least 2 weeks and staying in hawaii but we would like to do a condo so we will have a full kitchen and laundry.
I do have google I have looked but it is tough to tell what is reputable sites just wanna if anyone has used any of these sites? or know and a better place to book?

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes totally I rented a condo.
http://www.waikikioceanfrontrentals.com/ the best place I found the unit was to die for clean right on the ocean I stayed right next to the Hilton in Waikiki.
I would go back in a heartbeat... Got room?;) once I was there I just went to Costco got what i needed for the week and went out at night. Yup loved it. But contact these people as they were cheaper then a hotel and way nicer.

Last edited:

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent 2 weeks on the big island last winter at they have 7 or 8 resorts in the chain on the islands, I have nothing bad whatsoever to say about the condo, staff or SVC in general, I also toured the property right on the ocean in Kona and it looked really good aswell

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always hear of people rent a condos in hawaii rather than hotel rooms and the wife and I are thinking of maybe taking a month off next winter or at the least 2 weeks and staying in hawaii but we would like to do a condo so we will have a full kitchen and laundry.
I do have google I have looked but it is tough to tell what is reputable sites just wanna if anyone has used any of these sites? or know and a better place to book?

In Maui we always stay at Maui hills , Talk to Dennis tell him how fussy you are and he will set you Right up. its in Kehie.

Last edited:

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just look for one on the big island or maui IMO....Ohau and honolulu are just to big and busy for me....just seems like any other city with a beach. The other lslands get you off the beaten path more for things like touring Volcanos, Rain forest, secluded beaches, snorkeling etc. More of the real Hawaii experince I think

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

these 2 are great sites and worked for me,, going sept 6-16 got a small house 6000sq/ft small 40ft pool should be aight!!!

but we saw lots of condo deals right now,,,, Oahu will be cheapest and a bit busier but has everything and the cheapest accomadations,, Maui most expensive and private few less condo's ,,,

keep in mind time of year as no direct flight to big island and hawaii kai in off season FYI.....

have fun

Lanko

Reaction score
Hey Johni, just wondering what island you are going to, and if you don't mind me asking how much per week and what kind of sleeping capacity are we talking, gonna assume you can squeeze a couple beds into 6000 sq/ft. Have always been intrigued to rent a house instead of staying in a condo, usually stay at the Banyan in Kihei, gonna be honest price has probably been the biggest deterrent, and a lot of the houses don't have pools.

these 2 are great sites and worked for me,, going sept 6-16 got a small house 6000sq/ft small 40ft pool should be aight!!!

but we saw lots of condo deals right now,,,, Oahu will be cheapest and a bit busier but has everything and the cheapest accomadations,, Maui most expensive and private few less condo's ,,,

keep in mind time of year as no direct flight to big island and hawaii kai in off season FYI.....

have fun

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do this since we have a group going......it would be a lot better to have a house/condo than multiple hotel rooms! I like the idea of a pool......

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Johni, just wondering what island you are going to, and if you don't mind me asking how much per week and what kind of sleeping capacity are we talking, gonna assume you can squeeze a couple beds into 6000 sq/ft. Have always been intrigued to rent a house instead of staying in a condo, usually stay at the Banyan in Kihei, gonna be honest price has probably been the biggest deterrent, and a lot of the houses don't have pools.

Its in Oahu as we dont mind the main stream stuff for this trip keeps the ladies happy. Staying in Kahala 10 miles from airport 5 miles from Waikiki. House has 5 bedrooms with kings and ensuite so everyone is living 5 stars with lots of space, also has a baby room and 2 cribs for little one, spare room with 2 futons and 2 more single futons. no hot tub only nice thing missing. beach is 5 minute walk.

Oceanfront is nice but big money but I found a second house 5 minutes away on the water sleeps 12 and only $600 per night mine was listed at $1350-1850 but we did manage a good deal as it was the last rental available that year and we went direct threw owners so no fee's. The owner is great to deal with!!! they can only rent once per month in that area as they dont want people coming and going in the higher end homes

It seems like lots of 10 man houses for $600-800 average quality but then $1200per night and up for 8-10 people gets you the latest and finest homes. so many nice ones it was hard to chose.
our must haves were.... pool, A/C, parking, beach within walking and swimable (lots of waterfront doesnt have beach access) close to some action

good deals dont have pools but hey the ocean is there haha

here's the link,

Kahala vacation house rental: Brand New 2008-Elegant Tropical Zen Retreat-2blks Kahala Beach=

and here's the second one we want to book no one steal it on me, we going Sept 6 for 10 days lol Im just waiting to finilize lol but sleeps 12 for $4000 tax in 7 nights preety decent on the Ocean.....

=

Last edited:
Top Bottom