Hawaii in Feb '21

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Game on! your good to go. Starting Sept 1st Cdn's can go to Hawaii with proof of a negative covid test before flying!

Lol- already posted!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have started to dive in a bit further and you can still get travel insurance but it doesn't cover "covid" issues...

you have to go to a hotel and quarantine, not a rental/bnb, until you prove you're clean... within 72 hours of arrival.

You need a health care app to see your tests that quickly, it may take 5 days...

I figure if we go, it will be testing Feb 14, and returning to work March 14 after two weeks and testing...

my question is, if you return and test negative, do you still have to quarantine for the 14 days?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have started to dive in a bit further and you can still get travel insurance but it doesn't cover "covid" issues...

you have to go to a hotel and quarantine, not a rental/bnb, until you prove you're clean... within 72 hours of arrival.

You need a health care app to see your tests that quickly, it may take 5 days...

I figure if we go, it will be testing Feb 14, and returning to work March 14 after two weeks and testing...

my question is, if you return and test negative, do you still have to quarantine for the 14 days?
I would think not? No one other than a friend, family member or neighbor would know anyways.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife works in health care, I'm in refining... need to ask what the big companies have to say too.

If you see me sledding, between Mar 1 and 14... keep your distance!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fack it... I booked today! found a seat sale code from a friend and got 3 return flights for 1430$CAD! see how this works out...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

According to the Alberta Health Protocols when returning from out of country you have to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days - if symptoms begin within that 14 day period an additional quarantine period of 10 days from the conclusion of symptoms.... We were curious about this at work as well thinking that a negative test should eliminate the need for quarantine but apparently not......

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the Alberta Health Protocols when returning from out of country you have to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days - if symptoms begin within that 14 day period an additional quarantine period of 10 days from the conclusion of symptoms.... We were curious about this at work as well thinking that a negative test should eliminate the need for quarantine but apparently not......

A negative test should clear a person, no???

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumors are that new relaxed travelling rules are coming for Hawaii for Canadians, at least I’ve heard Air Canada is lobbying the government hard. I’ve heard possible testing right when you get home and only stay home for a few days until a test results are done.
I think it’s a great time to lock down a trip.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the plan, we will have to quarantine from work but hopefully a negative test and we just relax for a bit. what's wrong with a month off work, for two weeks in Hawaii?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
A negative test should clear a person, no???

I would have thought so but that's not what I'm told. Apparently you can be infected but test negative until symptoms present, so if you come back from out of country you still have to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days even if you test negative.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
work has said 14 days when you get home, going to be a great month off!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have thought so but that's not what I'm told. Apparently you can be infected but test negative until symptoms present, so if you come back from out of country you still have to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days even if you test negative.

This day of age is so confusing, than why are we being told that people have no symptoms and are infected. Why test at all than like the provinces have been doing??? Its no different if a person gets sent home for a runny nose and gets tested. Stop testing than the numbers drop.
Ive been hearing about the terms “false positives” and “false negatives” in the media. I truly dont know what to believe anymore.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/07/06/negative-covid

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have decent travel insurance built into our Sunlife benefits and nothing covers "COVID" symptoms from what I read anyways... unless you pay big bucks for "COVID" insurance specifically.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
work: "if you travel internationally, you must test and remain quarantined for 14 days no matter what the results are"....

work: "you were close to a person positive with COVID... get tested, if the test is negative, return to work asap"... lol

This is silly, but they're saying you may not test positive for up to 14 days after return and want to be sure... yet if you go home sick today, you can return as soon as you get a negative test... WTF

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
work: "if you travel internationally, you must test and remain quarantined for 14 days no matter what the results are"....

work: "you were close to a person positive with COVID... get tested, if the test is negative, return to work asap"... lol

This is silly, but they're saying you may not test positive for up to 14 days after return and want to be sure... yet if you go home sick today, you can return as soon as you get a negative test... WTF

Yep exactly, my workplace is the same and from what I’m told the daycares are the same.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then AHS says if you show symptoms during your 14 day quarantine, you then must quarantine another 10 days or until symptoms subside.... so 24 days potentially.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That is exactly how I had to write up our internal protocols, Makes no sense to me but that is how Alberta Health and the federal agencies are operating. You would think if a negative test was not enough to get you back to work after traveling out of country a negative test would not be sufficient to get you back to work after a confirmed contact or discovery of symptoms.

On our construction sites (under the advice of Alberta Health) we have determined that if we make masks mandatory within 2m and wear eye protection we can avoid "close contact" as defined by AHS. So if one worker tests positive they quarantine but others on site are not even required to test unless they choose to.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is exactly how I had to write up our internal protocols, Makes no sense to me but that is how Alberta Health and the federal agencies are operating. You would think if a negative test was not enough to get you back to work after traveling out of country a negative test would not be sufficient to get you back to work after a confirmed contact or discovery of symptoms.

On our construction sites (under the advice of Alberta Health) we have determined that if we make masks mandatory within 2m and wear eye protection we can avoid "close contact" as defined by AHS. So if one worker tests positive they quarantine but others on site are not even required to test unless they choose to.

Ya, we are 900 strong on site.... all masked up lol

Top Bottom