Dec 21 " Christmas Star" will make an appearance!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went out tonight at 9, Jupiter and Saturn were just below the horizon in the South West. they are mighty close together on star app. hopefully be a good view on the 21 st.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took a look tonight, definitely the brightest light in the sky other than the moon which is darkening! a dark area will likely be the best view. after 5:30 as long as there are no clouds. last sighting at night was close to 800 yrs ago.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took a look tonight, definitely the brightest light in the sky other than the moon which is darkening! a dark area will likely be the best view. after 5:30 as long as there are no clouds. last sighting at night was close to 800 yrs ago.

Thanks for the thread man, whole family is out looking at it, the kids have been out daily checking up on it until the big day today. Stay classy Minion! Lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shook my head when I watched the evening news talking about these planets lining up. They said it is known as the Christmas Star. Also that it is thought that the wise men of biblical times saw this and it explains the star they followed to baby Jesus. Well, Christian and Non-Christian scholars agree that Christ was not born this time of year and that "Christmas Star" would not be in the sky when his actual birthday would be.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shook my head when I watched the evening news talking about these planets lining up. They said it is known as the Christmas Star. Also that it is thought that the wise men of biblical times saw this and it explains the star they followed to baby Jesus. Well, Christian and Non-Christian scholars agree that Christ was not born this time of year and that "Christmas Star" would not be in the sky when his actual birthday would be.

lots of crazy predictions etc, true or not, i have no idea. viewing was a bust! as it was too cloudy across most of Canada and northern USA.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the naked eye on Saturday, the planets Jupiter and Saturn appeared to line up, with a pair of binoculars they were a bit apart, still coolio to see. oh well if the clouds clear over the next few nights we will still be able to see, only they will be drifting apart, look around 5 pm to the SW just above the horizon.

i'm disappointed i didn't see the final event! next possible chance is 60 yrs from now!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the naked eye on Saturday, the planets Jupiter and Saturn appeared to line up, with a pair of binoculars they were a bit apart, still coolio to see. oh well if the clouds clear over the next few nights we will still be able to see, only they will be drifting apart, look around 5 pm to the SW just above the horizon.

i'm disappointed i didn't see the final event! next possible chance is 60 yrs from now!

just mark it on your calendar and hope that the sky is clear.

Top Bottom