Grooming on Revelstoke

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me why on the busiest time of the year they haven't groomed the trail on frisby for two days straight? That was the most awful trail I have ever ridden on. I ve been a member for yeArs and today I am wondering what our membership money goes towards when the groomer hasent moved for two days.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Grooming on tevelstoke

Is there lots of fresh down low Milton? That may factor in. If there is then there should be no excuse imho.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

they were brutal the whole way up to bolder today as well, however groomer went up this later this afternoon so thats good.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If they are grooming on Boulder then Frisby shouldn't be an issue.

jumpingjack

Reaction score

According to another post the trail on boulder was groomed last night. If you weren't one of the first 50 people up the trail it would have been rough. At this time of year it's hard to keep the trails smooth with all the Alexandra. Just imagine how rough it would be without grooming. If you've been up Keystone in the middle of the season you understand what I'm talking about.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

According to another post the trail on boulder was groomed last night. If you weren't one of the first 50 people up the trail it would have been rough. At this time of year it's hard to keep the trails smooth with all the Alexandra. Just imagine how rough it would be without grooming. If you've been up Keystone in the middle of the season you understand what I'm talking about.

It is stupid this time of the year. The groomers take alot of flack for poor trails but if they are not grooming Frisby during the holidays then they deserve to get some grief.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was the third sled up today and it was no better shape then when we came down at 330 yesterday. I've seen the pipeline in fernie in better shape then the trails out here the last couple days. There is no excuse for not grooming when there is at least 100 units between the 2 parking lots.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus what about the chit show in the parking lots at boulder today.

Should of had the lots cleared before 7 am...

It was a truck stuck fest.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report for Mon. Dec. 26, /11 10:00 pm
Boulder
Kirkup, Veideman, Bezanson, top
-6 deg.c, 8” new, 6’ 6” total.
Frisby to top
-5 deg.c, 8” new.

Grooming report for Tues. Dec. 27, /11 10:30 pm
Boulder
Kirkup, Bezanson, Veideman, top, West trail, LaRoy Lane
-6 deg.c, 8” fresh, 7’ total, snowing, blowing.
Frisby to top
-4 deg.c, 8” fresh, snowing, blowing.

Grooming report for Wed. Dec. 28, /11 12:00 midnite
Boulder
Kirkup, Bezanson x2, Veideman, top, West trail
0 deg.c, 4” fresh, snowing, windy.
Frisby to top
Snowing, windy

Both Mtns. are being groomed nightly. They are running 2 machines on Boulder each night so all the trails are done.
Snow/Rain, warm temps and the heavy traffic we are seeing doesn`t help.
We did run the groomer up on Boulder in the aft. yesterday, I piloted him to the cabin up the Bezanson and by the time I rode back down it was just as if it hadn`t been done. The lot at Boulder was to have been cleared but wasn`t, a misunderstanding, sorry.
Lots have been cleared and both mtns. groomed fully again for today.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well i guess the club can only do so much, considering warm weather, rain in town, limited manpower. I guess a person can just go home and ride dirt or if your lucky pounded out ice.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's too bad maybe you should have stayed in Coaldale. I'm sure the riding is wicked there.:D

Last edited:

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes keep complaining....maybe the enviromental people will shut this area down too.....then you would really have something to complain about.If you don't think the enviro people are not monitering coments on here,you are kidding yourselves.They would love to use coments made on here for their cause of shutting it all down."they don't like riding the area,they are not happy with the all the efforts the snowmobile club is doing....lets close this area too" is what they will see and hear.Maybe stay home and ride the gravel in your back alley.

Last edited:

HODGE

Reaction score

I don't think anyone is complaining about the riding conditions on the mountain they are great... But why pay 20$ to ride a whooped out trail?.. Why don't they groom the trail morning mid day and night? With 300 sleds going up frisby and boulder a day on the weekend ($6000) im sure they can afford it.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The club does a great job maintaining our trails to the alpine. There is not much you can do when you get a bunch of braaaap happy people on the trail that are braaap,braap,braaaapin there way up! Be a little mellower on the throttle on the way up and the trails will stay better longer. Stop the complaining! We have amazing conditions out here!

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

I just want to clarify something regarding grooming on the mountains in the Revelstoke area. The Revelstoke Snowmobile Club is not involved with the grooming of the trails or the parking lot, but rather the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society.
These are two separate organizations with separate responsibilities.
The club looks after the infrastructure such as the Boulder and Frisby cabin.

If you are concerned about the grooming or parking lot you can direct questions regarding this to the Society and they will clarify the situation for you. They can tell you where and when they are grooming and answer your questions.
The weather has been difficult for them and I believe they are doing what they can considering the numbers over the holidays.

Thanks for you understanding
Greg Byman
Revelstoke Snowmobile Club

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we run snow cats in our construction fleet and i can tell you they are extremely expensive to run and maintain. Im not sure what the groomer behind the unit runs for but our machines run at $250/hr. It sure doesnt take long to burn cash when running those units.

You think that the club could put speed limits on the trails to help maintain them and keep the costs down. Dont shoot the messenger.:cool:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we run snow cats in our construction fleet and i can tell you they are extremely expensive to run and maintain. Im not sure what the groomer behind the unit runs for but our machines run at $250/hr. It sure doesnt take long to burn cash when running those units.

You think that the club could put speed limits on the trails to help maintain them and keep the costs down. Dont shoot the messenger.:cool:

That's what they do in west Yellowstone. And guess what? No whooped out trails! I think its a good idea.

sent from a phone

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

keep complaining, and maybe they'll just quit grooming it altogether. then you'd get to see chitty trails. like someone said, go to keystone for the long azz ride in with no grooming if you want to know truely chitty trails. i remember when they quit grooming the trail into silent pass cause people were riding around the pay booth. so they pulled the grooming from that area, now THAT was some absolutely horrbile trails for a long azz way. best thing was less people went so we had more freshies to ride......maybe that could happen in revy too..........

Chunk

Reaction score

The revy grooming program is the best there is imo. We've been here the last few days, and the are grooming at night sometimes twice as well as mid afternoon. Can't do much with +5. lots of areas around revy that aren't groomed. Maybe try those areas.

Top Bottom