Groomer vandilized...

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is actually individuals and business that are members of the club that are putting up the reward money, so it's none of the club's money that's going out....

Would still be money better donated elsewhere.....I'd do it just to watch these assholes burn....but that's me

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately if they ever catch them they probably won't even get a slap on the wrist. Better punishment is if the media would report their names and where their from so maybe they will suffer some embarrassment at the least. Keep your ears to the ground, these losers will have to brag to somebody about their escapades.:nono:
Yep from Kitimat to Burns lake has a real tight sledding group he will slip up.Sorry this happen trish .

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That s an awesome reward! Now to get the word out about the reward to the locals and I'll bet it wont take long. Cheers to all who donated!!:beer::beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is with people as of late. It seams like all the azzhats are coming out of the wood work

Buy a trail cam and leave it set up to detect motion is going to be the motto for anything left in the woods in a few years. GPS tracking etc should be standard as well for a machine like this, if it moves it sends an alert to your crackberry, iPhone whatever. Its the wave of the future. The rights and freedoms awarded to criminals and idiots have allowed them to reproduce and start more generations of neaderthals who think they have a right to do things like this as well. Genetic selection has not removed the lower part of the gene pool because society has sheltered them. If this was the age of dinosaurs, the stupid ones would have been eaten long ago, leaving the smart ones to evolve, its how it worked for millions of years and nature was pretty good at keeping the balance. Pretty sad that there are people in the world who's thought process involves thinking they are entitled to destroy or help themselves to other peoples property.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
It actually wasn't left in the bush... that is where is got stuck on the joy ride. I'll admit.. I'm pretty annoyed with the new club executive as the groomer has been parked in the parking lot up there for 18 months straight... it should come down to the shop during the summer so the maintance can be done on it... I mean really... is it really surprising that it took that long to get vandilized, anyone driving past there regularly would think it had been abandonded. This doesn't give anyone a right to trash it but it is also sloppy for the club to leave it up there that long. Very frustrating!!

Buy a trail cam and leave it set up to detect motion is going to be the motto for anything left in the woods in a few years. GPS tracking etc should be standard as well for a machine like this, if it moves it sends an alert to your crackberry, iPhone whatever. Its the wave of the future. The rights and freedoms awarded to criminals and idiots have allowed them to reproduce and start more generations of neaderthals who think they have a right to do things like this as well. Genetic selection has not removed the lower part of the gene pool because society has sheltered them. If this was the age of dinosaurs, the stupid ones would have been eaten long ago, leaving the smart ones to evolve, its how it worked for millions of years and nature was pretty good at keeping the balance. Pretty sad that there are people in the world who's thought process involves thinking they are entitled to destroy or help themselves to other peoples property.
I agree with Modman,but I also agree that it wasn't very bright to leave machine at a remote location to provide temptation for these neanderthals.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard the cops are not interested in getting involved... I don't understand why, so we are on our own. The club is raising a reward for any info... so if ya hear of anything there's a few bucks in it for ya!!

Did you tell the cops they were doing 12 over or didn't have a seat belt on?
Solving property crime does not generate revenue.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you tell the cops they were doing 12 over or didn't have a seat belt on?
Solving property crime does not generate revenue.

I really hate to say it, but it's probably because they won't be able to find the hooligans and they know it. CSI might have us trained to think they can take finger prints off anything, but they really can't.

At any rate, $6000 reward, if it doesn't lead anywhere, that's well your way to covering the cost of repairs. :/

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
or they could just park it in a shop or someones yard ??? mabey ?

unless the yard or shop is close then they are looking at transporting it on a truck somewhere, costs lots of money to get something like that moved around......

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless the yard or shop is close then they are looking at transporting it on a truck somewhere, costs lots of money to get something like that moved around......

It would cost a bit up front but nothing what they are covering now

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It would cost a bit up front but nothing what they are covering now

that is very true, however if it spent the last couple years up there unscathed they probably assumed that pattern would continue, unfortunately someone had other plans for them..... best thing they could have done really was take the batteries out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
that is very true, however if it spent the last couple years up there unscathed they probably assumed that pattern would continue, unfortunately someone had other plans for them..... best thing they could have done really was take the batteries out.

A lot cheaper than $10,000 worth of repairs Tyler!

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
taking the batteries would definitly have helped, but personally they should have put more effort into getting it back to the shop. It would have cost some bucks but look at the cost now. There was good insurance on it, I'm not sure of deductable, but the time factor is probably going to be the real issue. I doubt it will be ready to go by fall... groomer.jpg

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
If the losers are never found perhaps the reward money could go to the club for purchasing a trailer for transport.

Sad never the less. Never been sledding that far west. Definatly on my list.

Hope the turds are caught.

Fatguy

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
cats are fun !! ever dropped anything really steep Fernie ??

I only groom snowmobile trails. Sometimes filling in the creeks is a challenge with the steep banks but that isn't too scary as it isn't a long ways down.

I think it would be quite boring grooming at a ski hill. Building roads on a Catski operation would be fun tho'.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't beleave I'm saying this ,but I agree Willy I like to ride area's most people don't know. where you can still leave fuel at the cabin, spare belt , oil and 9 out of 10 times its still there the next week-end.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As if there isn't a member of the club with a low bed who would volunteer to move it for the club. Our local Cranbrook club has some very nice members with the equipment and they move our cat all the time for free. It needs to get into the shop now and then and the guys go up to the trail head load the cat, and bring it back to town. Sounds like your members need to step up a little bit with their volunteering.

That being said it is a real shame what happened to your groomer.

Top Bottom