Forster 2022-23

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 10 and 12km hills on Horse thief are worse than Forster. I would chain up at the Westside/horse thief cross road.
Otherwise parking at dog leg fsr staging on west side road and ride to Forster via the connector that pops out at the 18km bridge on Forster fsr. I think it's 5 or 6kms of trail riding.
OK - Many years ago more people staged from that lower parking lot and rode that lower trail section to 18 bridge.....haven't done that in a longtime..... might be fun. Thanks for the info - much appreciated!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK - Many years ago more people staged from that lower parking lot and rode that lower trail section to 18 bridge.....haven't done that in a longtime..... might be fun. Thanks for the info - much appreciated!
Yep, dog leg was the staging long ago before logging started up Forster.
Lots of great trail riding from there, can ride all the way to Silent Pass if a person wanted to.
Currently snowing...

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, dog leg was the staging long ago before logging started up Forster.
Lots of great trail riding from there, can ride all the way to Silent Pass if a person wanted to.
Currently snowing...
Hi pd. You are very wrong as to when logging stated up foster. It might have been before ski doo time.Be safe.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good weekend - rode Saturday. Trail in great condition. Could do with more snow up top - probed 150 cms at base of Thunderwater. Still surprised at the number of small trees showing on that hill to climb to Thunderwater. RCMP were doing a sobriety check by the mill after the railroad tracks coming back to Radium. Another first for me - never seen that before. Had 3 RCMP cruisers waiting for people to come down at the end of the day.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staged at that lower Dog leg lot - was the only one doing so. Ended up at Dog Lake itself and toured around a few of those lower trails before heading up the right way. I could see that being a fun day trying to make it all the way to Silent Pass.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staged at that lower Dog leg lot - was the only one doing so. Ended up at Dog Lake itself and toured around a few of those lower trails before heading up the right way. I could see that being a fun day trying to make it all the way to Silent Pass.
Good to hear you had a good trip. There are lots of lakes between dog leg and silent.
Toby Creek adventures had a plan to build 4 yurts to rent out on the route years ago.

maxpower

Reaction score
Is parking alright at km19 right now? Coming up this weekend with the wife & kids and want to putt around.

thecheyner

Reaction score
Snowed all day today, visibility wasn’t worth going going up to the lakes. Definitely a few cms can down in the meadow

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PXL_20230211_205321813.jpg

Great day today, snow was really good in the trees. Spent the day on a snow bike, now I'm shopping 😁

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those snow bike tracks were fun to follow into the trees. Rode there on Thursday and Saturday. We found great snow in the trees - lots of fun with the kids.

Top Bottom