Grizzly 700 pipe recommendations?

Grizz77

Reaction score
Looking to make my '09 Grizz sound mean. Anybody have a recommendation? I tried looking for a website to get some sound clips but had no luck. I would like to get a slip on that is not to loud, just nice and throaty.

When purchasing a new pipe, is there any other modifications that need to be done.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a hmf on my 700 grizz..i like it but everyone behind me dont..even with the "silencer" it still is very loud..but hey..its a grizzly and its supposed to sound mean..i got mine from alberta cycle..they are qiute good there:beer:

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have an FMF slip-on and it's loud. juice controller, clutch mods, ss212 rims/27"maxis
works well

krazy ken

Reaction score
I like the HMF also. Got it with a control box, I believe it is needed when changing intake or exhaust as it changes air flow. Have a fast burn controller, hard to understand changing modes, I think the HMF controller is better.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have a two brothers pipe it is not too loud it doesn't annoy those behind you but it has got some bark to it

ReginaGrizzly

Reaction score
I put on a 2R tip on my stock exhaust and it made my 2008 700 grizzly sound much better. Nice and deep sound and not much louder. Best part, it is cheap. The tip with shipping was only about $60 Canadian.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a two brothers pipe it is not too loud it doesn't annoy those behind you but it has got some bark to it

rode with swamprat yesterdayand he has that one really like the sound of it

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard when you get exaust you need to put and optimizer (on a grizz 700) is this true?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Penland Pro Series is another option,best sounding pipe on the market(my opinion )
catmando!

Smidgy

Reaction score
i heard when you get exaust you need to put and optimizer (on a grizz 700) is this true?

Yea you should they will run without one but it will be lean, all efi bikes are this way the twins will hide it a bit more because you won't get the lean popping because the other cylinder is firing while the other is exhausting but in short yea better have something to bring the fuel up ie, optimizer or bullet box/ Power commander w or w/o autotune or if your real spry a Copperhead VDI.

Smidgy

Reaction score
PS I would really like to hear a clip of that Looney Tuned system, I am all the way out in New Brunswick so you would not have to worry about us ever crossing paths, because I do also have the 08 se lol... If you ever had the opportunity to do that grizzly se it would be much appreciated, it is a real expensive mistake if I don't like them....

grizzly se

Reaction score
I'll try this weekend if I get a chance , it helped me with power gain, the mpg all depends on how you ride. The whole system is stainless steel , so no rust, and the fuel controler is very easy to tune, but I just like the low rumble sound. Except when hunting,ordered the silencers for that. :beer::beer:

Smidgy

Reaction score
I'll try this weekend if I get a chance , it helped me with power gain, the mpg all depends on how you ride. The whole system is stainless steel , so no rust, and the fuel controler is very easy to tune, but I just like the low rumble sound. Except when hunting,ordered the silencers for that. :beer::beer:

Perfect that is exactly what I am looking for, look forward to hearing that beast!

Have you ever had the pipes submerged? I was wondering if it would try to quit real easy on you...

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I'm running the HMF utility as well. VERY VERY loud but it sounds cool. Most people whine about it so i carry some extra ear plugs for 'em. As far as the optimizer goes you will probably need one, as it will run leaner otherwise. I would try the HMF swamp series myself if i had to do over again.

Smidgy

Reaction score

Have a chance to get a vid of those duals yet?

Top Bottom