Grizzly 660 pros and cons

Curtis3740

Reaction score
I am looking into getting a 05 grizzly 660 it is all stock. What are some pros and cons about the bike. I have never messed with a Yamaha.

toyz

Reaction score
my opinion do not buy one. i had one and new about 4 others. the rear axle was always popping out from the rear differential. it tried several things to try anf fix it. The only thing that worked was selling it. my 2 cents

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have one beat the crap out it drown it rolled it down a mountain still runs 6500K still runs hard but it comes with upkeep can't just turn a blind eye to everything

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll my 08 can am 650 walks all over my friends 660 so the engine certainly size certainly doesn't mean anything. My friend also had lots of troubles with axels, carb tuning and overheating issues. Other than that solid machine ran every day had tons of miles and usually got him back to the truck lol. An I'm sure most of his issues were self inflicted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy had one a few years back. He never had any issues with it at all and he treated it more like a submarine then a quad. He never had issues with the axles like said above but I have heard of that issue before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave side panels off when hot out and driving slow.
Run premium fuel as helps also.
Good atv . Had two of them and no troubles to speak off.
After they sit for a couple weeks sometimes they don't get fuel for some reason.
I pressured up tank from fuel cap vent and would start right up.
A high compression piston helps them a lot as well.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty solid but outdated, axles are a weak spot if you beat them.. over heating can be a problem as well, seafoam in the fuel helps dramatically with the use of premium as mentioned above. Suspension has come along ways since then. But over all they are ok for the price but would not be my first choice even though I have one...

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outdated as mentioned, I would look at a 700 before a 660, have a tendency to overheat if not kept clean,.. Best belt drive system IMO, axles can be weak, money better spent elsewhere,..

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ya it all depends on price if you getting cheap it's awesome spending top dollar i'd spend it elsewhere

allseason

Reaction score
Had 2 660 and a 700 awesome machines never had axle problems but then I wasn't a meathead and put tires on that were to big or aggressive, power is good with some upgrades, power to weight it's still a good machine I found them reliable.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We have had a 660 and about 4 700's. Never had problems, but we did not beat them either and left them stock except putting on Mudlites 1" bigger than stock. Great machines.

Top Bottom