Gold Rush 2023

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what i cant figure out for the life of me is with as big of an operation as tony has, why hasn't he thrown up a prefab steel shop or even a tarp building, throw some heat at it so he can have guys fixing his stuff all winter. Seems like a logical thing to do so your ready to go. He would have paid for it with what hes lost in even a week so far. im sure they do alot of maintenance in the fall but there's no reason that they cant be more prepared in the spring. You dont see that happening to parker. His stuffs ready to rock. Even tonys other plant had issues right off the hop, truck that thing up to the hill rebuild it over the winter instead of starting it and hoping for the best. I can certainly understand Kevins frustrations. Even monica is starting to get angry and usually she just brushes that stuff off

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
what i cant figure out for the life of me is with as big of an operation as tony has, why hasn't he thrown up a prefab steel shop or even a tarp building, throw some heat at it so he can have guys fixing his stuff all winter. Seems like a logical thing to do so your ready to go. He would have paid for it with what hes lost in even a week so far. im sure they do alot of maintenance in the fall but there's no reason that they cant be more prepared in the spring. You dont see that happening to parker. His stuffs ready to rock. Even tonys other plant had issues right off the hop, truck that thing up to the hill rebuild it over the winter instead of starting it and hoping for the best. I can certainly understand Kevins frustrations. Even monica is starting to get angry and usually she just brushes that stuff off
I think it’s an access issue in winter. Not sure how far out they are but plowing would get costly I figure. I always wondered why they didn’t stock pile all winter so they had a summers worth of yardage waiting for spring.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also in the winter stuff breaks especially if it's a cold winter

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

His compound is aout 50kms north of Dawson. Drove by in on a tour when I was in Dawson. It was like driving a backroad to an oilrig. Single lane, gravel. Not for faint of heart
The issue is heatpower/ everything else. They are literally off the grid. Can only imagine the cost. Especially because in the winter they lock it down and all go to their real homes in the winter. I thin he lives in Alaska. Parker too

Shitty thing is these miners dont make that much after expenses/taxes. Guy I spoke to sais he wont make 200k beween him and his wife after expenses/paying wages. Asked for a job running a truck or excavator and he told me not to quit my job, I'll make more then him

The land has dried up. The chinese have come in and bought everything, just like farmland out in Smoky lake

Attachments

• 20220731_143536.jpg
    20220731_143536.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220731_145812.jpg
    20220731_145812.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 105

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His compound is aout 50kms north of Dawson. Drove by in on a tour when I was in Dawson. It was like driving a backroad to an oilrig. Single lane, gravel. Not for faint of heart
The issue is heatpower/ everything else. They are literally off the grid. Can only imagine the cost. Especially because in the winter they lock it down and all go to their real homes in the winter. I thin he lives in Alaska. Parker too

Shitty thing is these miners dont make that much after expenses/taxes. Guy I spoke to sais he wont make 200k beween him and his wife after expenses/paying wages. Asked for a job running a truck or excavator and he told me not to quit my job, I'll make more then him

The land has dried up. The chinese have come in and bought everything, just like farmland out in Smoky lake
Tony sometimes goes to Mexico for the winter

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tony sometimes goes to Mexico for the winter

Totally. Also saw him in Vegas at sema 2018.
What the show doesnt tell anyone is that he took over another old boys operation when he retired. He didnt want to be on the show so Tony was the "front man" all those years. Up until about 5 years ago then he bought out his boss and went at it alone.

If any of you are thinking to road trip up there. I HIGHLY recommend it. Was so cool to "go back in time" All the 90s chevs and vehicles up there. Dawson only had 1 paved road and 2 street lights lol

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Tell me Tony doesn't realize there are rebuild or maintenance issues going into the off season and get it looked after. Nothing like shutting down every couple of days in a short rock washing season. Tony not so smart and I can definitely see how that would drive someone more educated and skilled such as Kevin absolutely fkn crazy!! For Tony the mining and equipment is nothing more than a giant sand box that he has been able to make a few bucks with, you can see it whenever he jumps into a piece of equipment!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Tell me Tony doesn't realize there are rebuild or maintenance issues going into the off season and get it looked after. Nothing like shutting down every couple of days in a short rock washing season. Tony not so smart and I can definitely see how that would drive someone more educated and skilled such as Kevin absolutely fkn crazy!! For Tony the mining and equipment is nothing more than a giant sand box that he has been able to make a few bucks with, you can see it whenever he jumps into a piece of equipment!

the pump thing last week, he did the right thing and had it all factory rebuilt. But didnt test it until it was go time. Too much stress on the mechanics when every repair is reactive instead of proactive

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's also deceiving on the show about needing to open a cut to sluice. Tour guide said they have to plan 3 years in advance where they are going to strip ground; Not like how tv makes it seems it is done same year.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's highly edited for dramatic effect, lots of things are scripted, filmed, and dropped in throughout the season. You can tell by the horrible continuity of the footage. Some mechanical issues are completely fabricated. But I still love the show lol.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been wondering how much $$$$ they get per show?
I heard someone mention that one of the boats on the show Bering Sea Gold gets paid $25k per episode. BSG is a much smaller show than Gold Rush.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think whoever works up there actually works. Long days too

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the math just doesn't add up.
Chris Doumitt makes $350,000 a year $25,000 time 14 episodes and has a net worth of $400,000.
That is only one of many examples.
There are many examples that seems off. Even the picture of the hoffmans

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the math just doesn't add up.
Chris Doumitt makes $350,000 a year $25,000 time 14 episodes and has a net worth of $400,000.
That is only one of many examples.
net worth doesn't equal income

Top Bottom