Gold Rush 2023

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what net worth is
A lot if guys must be spending on blow and hookers.
If those figures are right.
It always shows the gold haul and its net value, the show never explains what the cost per ounce is. I know some of the crews have some sponsorships from various companies. How much who knows. If you look at the amount of equipment you see vs how much is running and how many people it takes the cost per once must be huge.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It always shows the gold haul and its net value, the show never explains what the cost per ounce is. I know some of the crews have some sponsorships from various companies. How much who knows. If you look at the amount of equipment you see vs how much is running and how many people it takes the cost per once must be huge.

Reclamation after aswell. Pricy stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not even worth placer mining in BC with the NDP at the helm, reclamation is one thing.. but you will be dealing with enviromental nightmares and these guys have no accountability what so ever. And all streams (water rights) come under federal jurisdiction (salmon) so you have two nightmares just waiting to strike.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not even worth placer mining in BC with the NDP at the helm, reclamation is one thing.. but you will be dealing with enviromental nightmares and these guys have no accountability what so ever. And all streams (water rights) come under federal jurisdiction (salmon) so you have two nightmares just waiting to strike.
This isn't totally accurate.

Water rights come from the BC government, and no they don't want you mining in a salmon bearing stream but that can be mitigated. Also the only species of salmon in fresh water that is federally regulated is steelhead. Until they hit the ocean all other species are provincially regulated (both are poorly managed)

The trick in BC is getting native approval.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or you have to team up with the Indians to continue working and give them a percentage of profit for doing nothing like the mine that i'm at.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This isn't totally accurate.

Water rights come from the BC government, and no they don't want you mining in a salmon bearing stream but that can be mitigated. Also the only species of salmon in fresh water that is federally regulated is steelhead. Until they hit the ocean all other species are provincially regulated (both are poorly managed)

The trick in BC is getting native approval.
Have you ever done any placer mining?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just watched Fridays episode. I cant believe that after spending his entire life mining up there he couldn't figure out that spending 1 day fixing a road would save him 80 grand? the guy is either too busy or hes like my old business partner that would rather burn the 80k than spend 20 because he would have to use his head

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ness's woman from a couple of seasons ago was just plain nasty.

• Haha
Reactions: zal
Top Bottom