Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are some pics of after i stripped it and cleaned it lol

P1030629.jpg

P1030627-1.jpg

P1030628.jpg

xcrider

Reaction score
Man,me gettin the itch too,especially after seeing all these sweet rides!!!!
Andre that yammy looks pretty nicey,lots of blingage there. You know,if I were you I would of scooped a 450f. There is nothing you will put on that 250f that will make it go like you want, the perma smile will come once you chuck a leg over a 450f and crack that throttle. I ride a 250 2st ktm and the kid has a crf450r, and to be truthful, I don't know which one I like better.They both make great power.Sometimes I like the tractor power of the 4st and sometimes I like the 2st. But I do know the 250f just didn't have the jam we wanted. Either way have fun with that baby...just don't get it dirty!

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Andre how stock is that motor? I know a few tricks to make those things quicker.

BONE STOCK! Other than I chopped the muffler 3" so it is shorter. Im not going to port this one again becuase ive had bad luck with the porting on bikes. Spill the beans :d

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the easiest way would be to add a big-bore kit they respond really well to that. If you wanna keep it legal in the 250 class the best thing you can do is a high-compression piston, oversized valves, and high-lift cams. That's the easy way anyhow. There are some bottom-end mods a guy can do that will make the thing pull like a stock 450, but they aren't cheap or easy to do. Not to sound like a salesperson but if you are thinking about doing some motor work, give Ronin Motorcycle Works in Sylvan Lake a call. Doug has done the engines for Jared and Parker Allison for the past couple of seasons and those bikes are putting them top five in the Canadian Nationals so you know they are making some power.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come ride in kamloops that pup won't look that pertty ever again.

i see u survived cooba MB,,,hopefully u didnt bring back too many venerial disgustings,,,,, ive heard of a few guys that have already been riding and they said it was pretty good,,,,was thinkin of gettin the kawy fired up, u should too if u can still ride anythin besides ur couch or hippies

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i posted a few times but gotta do it here as well, this is a vid elephantrider made of us ridin this summer, funny sheet

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JHC2g7z-Us[/media]

Sweet riding for sure.

Would like if you could PM me the details. Doing more riding out west this year and Kamloops will be one of the areas we hit up. That's very similar to the stuff here, except we don't have soil. haha. It's either rock, roots, or logs. Love catching up with locals who know the trails well and willing to give tours.

I noticed all your falls except two were exactly the same. Gotta square up those logs or get the front up!!

Some old vids of mine. Easier trails, but they make for better video with the steadier camera and faster speeds.

Part 1:

YouTube - Shibby1349's Channel

Part 2:

[media]http://vimeo.com/17500999[/media]

Baja - Part 1:

[media]http://vimeo.com/20974130[/media]

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are guna have to plan the "wild bills mx day (st.frances)" again in the spring for thoes central AB riders. My fave track for around here :d

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet riding for sure.

Would like if you could PM me the details. Doing more riding out west this year and Kamloops will be one of the areas we hit up. That's very similar to the stuff here, except we don't have soil. haha. It's either rock, roots, or logs. Love catching up with locals who know the trails well and willing to give tours.

I noticed all your falls except two were exactly the same. Gotta square up those logs or get the front up!!

Some old vids of mine. Easier trails, but they make for better video with the steadier camera and faster speeds.

Part 1:

YouTube - Shibby1349's Channel

Part 2:

[media]http://vimeo.com/17500999[/media]

Baja - Part 1:

[media]http://vimeo.com/20974130[/media]

had to re watch that vid and i think there was only one wipeout from a log, and it was greeasy that day, think that one was a lil hidden and snuck up on elephant rider. But thats not to say we dont go down quite a bit, $hit happens when ur pushin it,,,nice vids by the way, any climbs where youre riding?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to re watch that vid and i think there was only one wipeout from a log, and it was greeasy that day, think that one was a lil hidden and snuck up on elephant rider. But thats not to say we dont go down quite a bit, $hit happens when ur pushin it,,,nice vids by the way, any climbs where youre riding?

There's a few, but mostly foothills with thick bush. Most climbs are of the technical variety with weaving through trees and getting over rocks/logs without losing momentum. Many starting with creeks or drainage valleys at the bottom.

I think you'd find the riding very similar out here. The forest and soil is different, but the riding would be very much the same.

I'll rewatch the video and see the falls again. I swear I saw diagonal logs on all them. Might be wrong.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely be hitting up Wild Bills quite often, and we'll definitley have to try to plan group rides.

I'm getting the itch big time now, and it sucks because last year on my birthday I was doing the Riders West photoshoot with the "DirtBetties" crew...and although it was a bit wet in some areas and a wee bit of snow on the ground, the weather was perfect and the riding conditions were definitely bareable. My birthday is next weekend, and I definitely can't see the Honda coming out of hibernation anytime soon. The last 2 or 3 years in a row i've gone dirtbiking on my birthday!WTF??

Ohwell.. so on a lighter note, where/when is everyone planning their first ride? Sandier areas perhaps? Wet sand is awesome to ride in..

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive heard Brule lake is the the place to be in early spring (it melts first) but usaly my first ride is Bruderhiem or Vega every year. Im getting angry at the snow, and my neighbors are getting pissed at me doin wheelies up and down the street. I will say that things are definatly melting. Ive goin snowmobiling every other day on spring break and I will tell you there is some DIRT, and the river is no longer safe.

TUCHODI

Reaction score
I couldn't stand it any more and bought my first bike in over ten years today. The snow has to melt now! I have lived here for 4 years and now it is time to get out and ride.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shibby bring your crew and bikes here for a few days of ridin and drinkin,none of the easy wide trail ch!t with all the logs cut out.You'll have a blast here in the loops some of bc's best ridin o ya this has bc's best ridin.You better bring alot of advil and band aids if you fellas are going down on those logs...

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it will be my first ride but I'm definitely making the long haul down to Koocanusa lake on may long. Epic riding there from what I hear and it doesn't suffer from the dreaded may long snow curse.

Top Bottom