G5 Turbo CEL

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody got any time on a G5 turbo yet? over on snowest there's a couple of threads of multiple people getting a check engine light saying "knock sensor out of range". in one instance, all 3 G5's in one group were displaying it. there's chatter on facebook also about people getting two codes right away which are mag and pto injector ground faults. i'd check it out but i don't do facebook.

Last edited:

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone say "new model teething pains" I bet we see some with the 9R too.
whatever it is, it blows but let's hope brp gets on top of it. i normally don't buy first year stuff and this has me wondering about hanging on to the current sled. don't need to be missing any time on the snow.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whatever it is, it blows but let's hope brp gets on top of it. i normally don't buy first year stuff and this has me wondering about hanging on to the current sled. don't need to be missing any time on the snow.
I have a 22 expert for sale no bites. Rumours like this get me thinking.
I’m not sure I’m gonna pick up my sled by 15 November. I have the money to buy it but I definitely do not need two turbos. Maybe I have to drop my pants on my 2022 turbo to sell it. Then the question is, is the turbo r seven grand more fun ?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m gonna pick up my sled by 15 November. I have the money to buy it but I definitely do not need two turbos. Maybe I have to drop my pants on my 2022 turbo to sell it. Then the question is, is the turbo r seven grand more fun ?
A $400 20hp flash and $549 clutching and gearing will be much faster then the 2023 Turbo R. just saying........

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah no interest in doing a flash while warranty is still good but nice to know it's a possibility once it's expired.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good question. i had so much fun on my '22 turbo last year that keeping it would be just fine. don't care about losing the 500 hundo.

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
Probably has something to do with extra fuel and oil being added. Sounds like there is new programming for break in procedure.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure any time the ecm is rewritten/flashed it keeps s log somewhere i dont think brp would let that slide, along with the 1000s of set parameters that are being monitored at all times, also on lots of claims now brp wants the ecm file sent to them to look at and they will deny u warrenty not like the old days were if u were buddies with the shop owner they could let ch!t slide but now its alot tougher now

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure any time the ecm is rewritten/flashed it keeps s log somewhere i dont think brp would let that slide, along with the 1000s of set parameters that are being monitored at all times, also on lots of claims now brp wants the ecm file sent to them to look at and they will deny u warranty not like the old days were if u were buddies with the shop owner they could let ch!t slide but now its alot tougher now
Pardon….? This never happened did it..??

*and queue SnoPro*

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"My dealer just called me back about this issue and said the sleds are good to ride and BRP is aware of the issue. BRP sent out a note to dealers about this and said hopefully there be an update next week. He told me its a programming issue to do with the knock sensor sensitivity."

above is a post from one of the guys experiencing the CEL.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I get that in writing please lol

Pretty sure any time the ecm is rewritten/flashed it keeps s log somewhere i dont think brp would let that slide, along with the 1000s of set parameters that are being monitored at all times, also on lots of claims now brp wants the ecm file sent to them to look at and they will deny u warrenty not like the old days were if u were buddies with the shop owner they could let ch!t slide but now its alot tougher now

Exactly, all programming can be seen there is always a footprint left. It’s not hard to find, no different than a car or truck reflash.

For example, a G5 leaves the factory with a ECM calibration, with this update coming there are two rewrites logged with BRP, but a sled shows 4 after it was flashed back to stock after a flash was removed when a buds file is automatically sent to BRP.

Only way around a flash is aftermarket warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly, all programming can be seen there is always a footprint left. It’s not hard to find, no different than a car or truck reflash.

For example, a G5 leaves the factory with a ECM calibration, with this update coming there are two rewrites logged with BRP, but a sled shows 4 after it was flashed back to stock after a flash was removed when a buds file is automatically sent to BRP.

or maybe a backup ECM

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We will find out. I do believe someone here has a BUDDS set up and was going to try a silber tune and then see if he can see the file. If someone is willing to try on their sled, let me know. Ill give a discount on the flash for the R&D to see if it isn't actually detectable with BUDDS

Top Bottom