Chit even back in the day with k cars, a 2. 2 turbo or non 2.2

Same car, just boosted or not boosted

There's been lots of them boosted or not boosted, same warranty

Multiple manufacturers

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 850 Turbo Q&A

lol its a 4 stoke for 1 and a car for 2 will never see 8000rpm.

but yeah give me 4 year warranty on that turbo and I'll put brp out of business lol
And you going to ride it 12 months a year??

That's one issue, they get well over 12 months of no riding from normal guys in the two years

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit even back in the day with k cars, a 2. 2 turbo or non 2.2

Same car, just boosted or not boosted

There's been lots of them boosted or not boosted, same warranty

Multiple manufacturers

what 2stroke turbo sleds out there come with a 4 year warranty?

what kind of warranty does that sidewinder come with.

comparing a sled to a car is retarded tex....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And you going to ride it 12 months a year??

That's one issue, they get well over 12 months of no riding from normal guys in the two years

8 months a year

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lol its a 4 stoke for 1 and a car for 2 will never see 8000rpm.

but yeah give me 4 year warranty on that turbo and I'll put brp out of business lol

I highly doubt it. The factory turbo is not a high HP engine like a aftermarket kit.

Does doo not have the confidence in their own product to offer the same warranty as a 165hp NA sled??? Just wondering.

If the factory turbo is better than a aftermarket, than extend the warranty on the factory turbo.
I know guys who have 4+ years on properly maintained aftermarket turbo 800’s.

A 850 oil pump to replace out of warranty cause it’s leaking is a expensive repair bill.

Not everyone has the luxury of putting 1000km on a season, and these sleds are becoming quite an investment.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I highly doubt it. The factory turbo is not a high HP engine like a aftermarket kit.

Does doo not have the confidence in their own product to offer the same warranty as a 165hp NA sled??? Just wondering.

If the factory turbo is better than a aftermarket, than extend the warranty on the factory turbo.
I know guys who have 4+ years on properly maintained aftermarket turbo 800’s.

A 850 oil pump to replace out of warranty cause it’s leaking is a expensive repair bill.

Not everyone has the luxury of putting 1000km on a season, and these sleds are becoming quite an investment.

obviously not. I don't either.(have the same confidence) got 2 motors out of brp on my last sled with 3 year warranty. bet I could beat that on the turbo.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes two year compared to the normal 4 year is just a easy way out for bro... Mostly I would think because they don't have two from no one else offering a turbo yet in that division with a better Warrenty.. Brp always seams to try in swing for the fence but just gets blunders over the short stop.. Aftermarket has done all there homework here and held there hand all the way..

there a business and don't want go one step farther than they have too..

Redline had there latest and greatest gt turbo on one last week from Garrett (makes enough to air for 620hp) and we had Doubble digest boost going threw it, we all were prepared for parts to scatter if internals could not hold up.. But it stayed together and he was over 90mph track speeds numerous times, this motor was quickly evident of withstanding big big hp.. But yet brp stays in dark, when video was shown on beach in Cancun, they were a smiling

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right. That a possible option.

but i hear ya, 4 year warranty would certainly have alot more people conviced to buy, and like you said its factory horsepower so why not? we may never know, but im sure you will start to see the warranty duration creep up over the next coupple of years.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes two year compared to the normal 4 year is just a easy way out for bro... Mostly I would think because they don't have two from no one else offering a turbo yet in that division with a better Warrenty.. Brp always seams to try in swing for the fence but just gets blunders over the short stop.. Aftermarket has done all there homework here and held there hand all the way..

there a business and don't want go one step farther than they have too..

Redline had there latest and greatest gt turbo on one last week from Garrett (makes enough to air for 620hp) and we had Doubble digest boost going threw it, we all were prepared for parts to scatter if internals could not hold up.. But it stayed together and he was over 90mph track speeds numerous times, this motor was quickly evident of withstanding big big hp.. But yet brp stays in dark, when video was shown on beach in Cancun, they were a smiling

ya run that double digit boost for 10,000 km let me know how you make out lol. i cranked my 800 up to 12lbs once too. was sure fun, but not feasible for any duration of time.

to be honest, i dont know that i would ever want 7+ lbs of boost again. The way the factory turbo works for technical riding is like nothing else and suits me perfect. big boost doesn't shine in tight situations

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use yamaha lube and filters follow the maint schedule and get that warranty

on what sled, what's covered, what's not? not much info there. but they could have a million mile warranty on the sidewinder and I still wouldnt get one. I'm sure they'd last a long time though.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom