forester conditions

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there on Friday. Snow wasn't very good. Trail is in great condition in my opinion. A little hard to keep the sleds cool. Road in from radium is good. 2wd the hole way pulling a 28ft enclosed. I would agree with the above. Probably spindle deep in most places that you can find fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were there yesterday. Snow is ok, enough for a ride but defintaley need some fresh. Despite the snow, I had one of the best days sledding. The scenery at forester is that beautiful. It may be the most awesome place I have ever ridden.

The glacier opened up and it is spectacular. I cannot imagine how much fun this place would be with a foot or more of fresh.

IMG_2061_zpsee7c71a8.jpg

IMG_2063_zps41259965.jpg

IMG_2067_zps991e9810.jpg

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we got there early. The other early guys went to the glacier. We went to the upper lakes and had them to ourseleves for over an hour.

IMG_2044_zps130a484b.jpg

IMG_2033_zpsd43ec2a9.jpg

IMG_2026_zps52654c81.jpg

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey pano dude
was it 20cm wet or dri snow up there ?
have u been up again since ??

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took grandson daughter, & her by friend up to Forester Staging area to check it out. Wow road is slick, plan for a slow ride up and especially down, & would not try in the dark. Do able but take your time, just with sled deck, trailer???, chains. There was a guy there with a small 2 place enclosed mission. will be interesting coming down.
Heading up tomorrow for A ride hopping to hook up with some ppl. Black ram 2500 Longhorn single sled deck, HCR

Text 306 630-6059

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took grandson daughter, & her by friend up to Forester Staging area to check it out. Wow road is slick, plan for a slow ride up and especially down, & would not try in the dark. Do able but take your time, just with sled deck, trailer???, chains. There was a guy there with a small 2 place enclosed mission. will be interesting coming down.
Heading up tomorrow for A ride hopping to hook up with some ppl. Black ram 2500 Longhorn single sled deck, HCR

Text 30 630-6059
Tire chains are an essential tool in a sledders vehicle imo. I really can't understand why so many people don't carry them. It takes 10min to put them on.

Best $100 you can spend on your truck.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tire chains are an essential tool in a sledders vehicle imo. I really can't understand why so many people don't carry them. It takes 10min to put them on.

Best $100 you can spend on your truck.

You are right I been meaning to get a set for yrs. Living in th flat lands keep putting it off. Going to get a set now. what type you recommend and where to get them here in Invermere?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right I been meaning to get a set for yrs. Living in th flat lands keep putting it off. Going to get a set now. what type you recommend and where to get them here in Invermere?
V bar style is the best, but cable type will do the trick.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done the ride 5 or 6 times but never timed it. Anyone know appox how long a ride it is from staging to warm up shack. Thinking of doubling my grandson there. Also think there any danger in that area.
Thanks
In advance

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's usually 30min to gas drop.
The last 2km from gas drop is crazy icy and whooped out, pin it to win it....

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Make sure you try them on before you even put in truck they need to fit right. When you put them on in the bush you may be in some kind of trouble already. They have to stand up to some hard work.

Mustangrh68

Reaction score
Any new snow up there? Hockey season is just about over. Might get a chance to head up in the next few weeks!
The only chance I had to go up caught a rock just past the cabin then had to watch till it was time to drive out.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife said it snowed at the ranch on Monday. Expect spring conditions....

Top Bottom