forester conditions

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, would like to ride next weekend and either Quartz or Forster would work for a day trip. Doubt there is enough in Hope yet. Maybe there will be some pics after this weekend.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Forster Saturday. Here's a couple pics of the hills around the meadow.
Not enough snow on the hills, lots of rock showing through. Lots of snow in the meadows but bottomless.
Enough to carve and was soft and fluffy :D Some creeks are still open :eek: and doesn't look like anyone's leaving the meadow much yet.

Trail up was good, parked at the 21 ish. Last pic is looking towards the way to Thunderwater.

IMG_1479.jpg IMG_1481.jpg IMG_1480.jpg

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple from the meadow...about 5 feet total last Saturday, no base. Been lots of precip since and it should be snow up there :) Rain down in the valley.

IMG_1471.jpg PB191167.jpg IMG_1462.jpg

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey taminator. I have never been to forester and am looking to do a day trip with two newbies. Is the meadow large enough are to play around in that they wont get bored by days end and also wont get themselves into any trouble? Also where do you stage at to get into forester and how do you get there?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey taminator. I have never been to forester and am looking to do a day trip with two newbies. Is the meadow large enough are to play around in that they wont get bored by days end and also wont get themselves into any trouble? Also where do you stage at to get into forester and how do you get there?

Yes, it's good for newbies. The meadow area isn't huge, but enough if it's not too busy, especially for newbies LOL ;)
There's a cabin and the trail is about 20 some kms. We parked at about 21 km, but the staging is at 18ish....I suggest you park there now.

There's a bit of trouble lurking in the valley cuz some of the creeks are open. One big one weaves through and you have to hit it multiple times to get to the other end of the meadow..but if you keep your eyes open, it's all good. :)

Best to check a map for the area to get to the staging area. If you head through Radium, you take the road past the mill (Forster Landing rd) til you hit Westside Road, cross Westside, which is Horsethief FSR...follow that, then left on Forster Forest Service Rd til you hit the staging area. I'll see if there's a map kicking around. But you should be able to find it online too in case I forget. :rolleyes:

The alternate parking is at Dogleg lake...about 20ish kms on Westside Rd. To get to this one, you would turn left when you hit Westside...go 20ish kms and there's a staging area right off the road. This trail links up with the other one and is the easier of the staging areas to get to. Especially good when roads are bad or you're packin a large enclosed.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's good for newbies. The meadow area isn't huge, but enough if it's not too busy, especially for newbies LOL ;)
There's a cabin and the trail is about 20 some kms. We parked at about 21 km, but the staging is at 18ish....I suggest you park there now.

There's a bit of trouble lurking in the valley cuz some of the creeks are open. One big one weaves through and you have to hit it multiple times to get to the other end of the meadow..but if you keep your eyes open, it's all good. :)

Best to check a map for the area to get to the staging area. If you head through Radium, you take the road past the mill (Forster Landing rd) til you hit Westside Road, cross Westside, which is Horsethief FSR...follow that, then left on Forster Forest Service Rd til you hit the staging area. I'll see if there's a map kicking around. But you should be able to find it online too in case I forget. :rolleyes:

The alternate parking is at Dogleg lake...about 20ish kms on Westside Rd. To get to this one, you would turn left when you hit Westside...go 20ish kms and there's a staging area right off the road. This trail links up with the other one and is the easier of the staging areas to get to. Especially good when roads are bad or you're packin a large enclosed.

if you turn left at Forester creek fsr you'll be in the ditch.... gotta turn right.
if you turn left on westside from radium you'll arrive in Invermere, need to turn right to get to dogleg.
your directions are correct if your coming back from a day of riding
;)
15 cms yesterday at Pano village, 25 again last night, rain up to about 5000'. going to be a deep weekend up high.
play safe

Last edited:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, turn right onto Forster FSR...but it is pretty obvious as there is no left LOL...and when you drive by it, turn around and go back, then it's a left. hehehe.

That would be 'North'...but yes, the white horse is still standing there so turn right after the horse...hahaha. :p I always use actual directions...and noone knows WTH I'm talking about LOL

Oh, and buy a Backroad Mapbook for our area...great tool for getting around the backcountry.

springer

Reaction score
Going to Forester this weekend and does anyone know if you can access the lakes.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to Forester this weekend and does anyone know if you can access the lakes.

I was wondering the same thing, trying to figure out where to go. Weather is looking good everywhere.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't actually heard or seen anyone head to the lakes yet but I'm sure someone has or at least tried...it's pretty rocky on all the hills. Most peeps seem to be sticking to the meadows up there.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a local friend this morning, he said due to any conditions everyone has been pretty careful. Lots of snow in the meadows to play in and maybe with some settling this week a guy could take a poke at the lakes. Heading there Friday morning and riding Friday and Saturday. Come say hello if you see us, older grey dodge with an M8 sno pro and a white Dragon.

Also a little plug for my buddy, Mike at Renegade Motorsports, he is always willing to help if anyone needs anything. 250-342-0775.

springer

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, looking forward to a least the meadows. will be looking for an M8 along with a dragonnnn. we sould be 4 summits in one enclosed. again thanks

DTR

Reaction score
Rode forester this past saturday and did not see anyone get up to the lakes. Avy risk was high so we played in the meadows and enjoyed the great tree riding!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backroads around here are nasty icey! We had a skiff of snow last night, that might help a bit. The road to Forster may still be sheer ice...they don't do much to maintain off of Westside Rd. If you're hauling a big enclosed, you might want to check first and head to the Dogleg Lk staging area instead.

Top Bottom