Ford and their warranty

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If you have gone in for any warranty engine work has this happened to you...yet ?? A guy I know had his fuel pump go. His mileage was low but the dealer went off engine idle hrs thus doubling his mileage according to converted calculations and voiding any warranty on the engine. WTF ? I've never heard of this have you? Sounds to me the dealer is trying to double dip. The bill was $2500 :eek: Needles to say he had to pay the bill to get the truck back because work had called.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
If you have gone in for any warranty engine work has this happened to you...yet ?? A guy I know had his fuel pump go. His mileage was low but the dealer went off engine idle hrs thus doubling his mileage according to converted calculations and voiding any warranty on the engine. WTF ? I've never heard of this have you? Sounds to me the dealer is trying to double dip. The bill was $2500 :eek: Needles to say he had to pay the bill to get the truck back because work had called.

I would carefully read the warranty to see if it says so many Kms and if it even mentions engine hours. Mine doesn't it just says kms so I would call bs.
I remember when I was a kid I had a tranny go in a 3mth old car and they didn't want to cover it. Said it was my fault for not checking fluid levels, I just said "do you check your tranny levels every three months??" Not to mention it was a brand new car! They finally covered it but not until I complained and called Ford directly! :(

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would carefully read the warranty to see if it says so many Kms and if it even mentions engine hours. Mine doesn't it just says kms so I would call bs.
I remember when I was a kid I had a tranny go in a 3mth old car and they didn't want to cover it. Said it was my fault for not checking fluid levels, I just said "do you check your tranny levels every three months??" Not to mention it was a brand new car! They finally covered it but not until I complained and called Ford directly! :(

YEAH look in the back of your owners manual there is a customer service number call them and complain ... if all else fails find out who is your area ford rep

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
YEAH look in the back of your owners manual there is a customer service number call them and complain ... if all else fails find out who is your area ford rep

That's the thing. The ford dealer here told him it was BS. Any warranty done on any vehicle I've owned went off mileage. The dealer is in Kelowna that's trying to pull this crap. Haven't heard lately what's happening because he's working. BTW this is a buddies truck not mine.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's the thing. The ford dealer here told him it was bs. Any warranty done on any vehicle i've owned went off mileage. The dealer is in kelowna that's trying to pull this crap. Haven't heard lately what's happening because he's working. Btw this is a buddies truck not mine.

might take a bit but he will get his money back

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, unbelieveable......however, maybe the dealer is in financial problems? Dealer in ft sask that went under, was doing some very shady things like that too...... Have heard many stories about them now!!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i deal with ford in spruce grove. never had an issue with warrenty. even got my seatcover replaced on warrenty because it was discoloring a bit were my fat azz skids out of the truck. didn't think they would cover it but thought what the hey lets see what they will do it's close to being up 58km on it dealer said not a chance said but i pay extra for leather you would hope it would last longer than 1 yr. we'll try he said. i figured he ws just sayin to get me to stfu. 2 days later he phones me to book in to get my seat cover replaced sweet.

birdman1

Reaction score
One of our company trucks wrecked an engine from an oil filter coming apart, and they wouldn't cover it because it wasn't a Ford filter, just a generic from a quick change outfit. It was a 2010 with under 20000km.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of our company trucks wrecked an engine from an oil filter coming apart, and they wouldn't cover it because it wasn't a Ford filter, just a generic from a quick change outfit. It was a 2010 with under 20000km.

the outfit that did your oil change should of come up to the plate on that
guess thats another reason to buy oem parts

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

totally agree with ford on that one. would you cover it if you were ford?
regardless of mileage? The engine did not fail as a result of anything that ford did rather it failed because it ran out of oil. Filter company should cover it. But did the driver not realize something was wrong when he smelt burning oil, the oil pressure drop? i realize it happens pretty fast but it would probably take 20-30 seconds to pump all the oil out plus another good 30 seconds to do serious damage to the engine.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had huge trouble trying to get my injectors done under warranty here in lloydminster and the guy told me ford doesnt cover injectors anymore because it was costing them too much money!! I started laughing and told the guy thats exactly why they should cover it and he kept telling me no so I argued the point a bit and he started getting mad and told me he could flag my engine warranty for having a lift kit!! So I got real descriptive on what I thought of him and the dealership and took my truck to lac la biche and they covered it no questions asked!! Plus a call to ford canada started an ivestigation on them for the actions! never the less its always a fight when it comes to getting the repairs done under warranty.

han solo

Reaction score
Good friend of mine had the same issues with Ford Lloydminster, his sick litre needs 4 injectors, not sure which ones. They told him they have rust, what about the other 4 injectors? The same fuel goes to all 8, they wont do anything. He had to buy 8 aftermarket for less $

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ive had good luck with my dealer, Freedom Ford. Used to deal at another but then moved. Ive had some serious issues and they've all been addressed. I even got a courtesy car and didn't get charged with the deductible, my truck has 125000 km and its a 6.4L diesel, without the extended warranty. I did have the service plan on this so ALL the maintenance was done by Ford up to 90000 km and now I do most of it. Converted all my oil to amsoil now. The only mods my truck has is a 6" lift, 35" tires, on board air compressor. Never touched the engine.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time to put a DPf delete in your truck ... better power and better feul economy Ron

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant remember what ford dealer this was bt my ffriend has a f350 that is just about off warranty. he blew the transmission. (completely his fault) so he tried to install a used one from a wreckers and ended up messing something up. took it to the dealer and they installed the tranny ( correctly ) and replaced all his injectors and rebuilt his turbo.

he has an exhaust system, programmer, and an intake and they said just take off the programmer and put the stock airbox back on and everything will be warranty. ha!

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This I don't understand :confused: Why do some go out of their way to please a customer and all is good. Then there's the next guy that can't wait to bend ya over :mad: Why do these known dealers keep getting away with this....it never seems to change no matter how many complaints :rant: I've never had the pleasures of dealing with this kind of BS with anything I've owned but there are places here too that you just don't take your "stuff" .

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a DPF delete for sale with a set of MBRP cool duels! just saying!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They said the exact thing to me about the rust!!! I told them how would I know what kinda fuel goes in I dont sample at the pump before Ifill it up!!! And I had 4 injectors 2! crazy must of been the same guy Idelt with.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an 05 f 350 i bought it used in 07. Anyways on easter long weekend i was out at my old mans place (vilna) and my truck was idleing and then just died and wouldn't start again. So I towed it to the ford dealership in St. Paul to get it fixed since it was still under warrenty (5 year). What they did was take the truck apart then call me to tell me what was wrong ( some oil senser went, so it shut the engine down and wouldn't let it start) then they tried to tell me that my warrenty ran out eight days ago so it wasn't covered (the original owner bought the truck in march of 05 and the 5 year warrenty ran out in march of 2010). So my resonse was the truck broke down before eight days ago so it was under warrenty at the time. I ended up having to call ford head office and deal with them, I picked the truck up and paid out of my pocket (have to get to work) and I am still fighting with ford trying to get them to pay me back. I only got 80k on the truck if your wondering

Top Bottom