Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
January 7, 2022 by Adam Malik

Ford ups electric F-150 production​

Ford-Lightning-Rouge-Electric-Vehicle-Center_20-1024x682.jpg

The Ford F-150 Lightning at the company’s Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan
Citing huge demand, Ford announced it was going to nearly double the annual production of its highly anticipated electric pickup truck.

The company noted a large number of advanced reservations for its electrified F-150 Lightning. The company has been marketing the truck for some time now.

It was the first-announced electrified version of a pick-up truck that was originally an internal combustion engine. GM unveiled the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV this week at the Consumer Electronics Show. It is expected to be the top competitor to Ford’s Lightning.

Ford said that it will be able to build at a rate of 150,000 pickups per year at its EV factory in Dearborn, Michigan, by the middle of next year. That’s up from the originally planned 80,000.

Nearly 200,000 people have put down $100 refundable deposits on the trucks, the company reported. Ford is now sending out emails asking customers to convert their reservations to actual orders by picking a dealer and agreeing on a price.

According to a report from The Associated Press, workers are now making pre-production versions of the trucks that will be used for testing. The Lightning is expected to be available to customers this spring. The truck has a starting price of just under US$40,000.

The gas-powered F-150 is consistently at the top of the list of most vehicles purchased. In the U.S., it has been No. 1 for 40 straight years. The F Series is the best-selling truck in Canada for the 55 straight years.

News of upping production on the Lightning came shortly after Ford announced that it would triple production of the electric Mustang Mach-E. It plans to have the ability to make more than 200,000 per year by 2023. It is being built in Mexico.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome until the supply chain issues changed their plans like all the other manufactors

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Battery supply is the limiting factor. They have a ton of orders.
It’s insane. Oil is a natural resource that is renewable yet We’re gonna be digging holes in the ground looking for lithium like trailer parks boys Ricky mine‘s ashtrays. Only the super elites will have an automobile soon due to “supply issues”

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy was telling me today that Ford has discontinued their baby diesel for half tons and Dodge is ending production of the eco diesel as of Jan 1/23 as well. His GM dealer said he wouldn’t be surprised if GM does the same with their baby diesel soon as the big 3 are ramping up for more electric truck production. Sad times are upon us folks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I sure hope my present 2017 F350 will last for the rest of my life. As long as I can buy gasoline and the vehicle lasts I will drive it. If it doesn’t, at this point in time, I would buy another gas vehicle just on principle.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s insane. Oil is a natural resource that is renewable yet We’re gonna be digging holes in the ground looking for lithium like trailer parks boys Ricky mine‘s ashtrays. Only the super elites will have an automobile soon due to “supply issues”

What’s wrong with mining? Trailer park boys would run this country better than the current prime minister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope my present 2017 F350 will last for the rest of my life. As long as I can buy gasoline and the vehicle lasts I will drive it. If it doesn’t, at this point in time, I would buy another gas vehicle just on principle.

It’s ok. Some people didn’t want to give up their horses.

Reactions: RGM

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy was telling me today that Ford has discontinued their baby diesel for half tons and Dodge is ending production of the eco diesel as of Jan 1/23 as well. His GM dealer said he wouldn’t be surprised if GM does the same with their baby diesel soon as the big 3 are ramping up for more electric truck production. Sad times are upon us folks

I thought both the baby powerstroke and ecodiesel were piles of garbage?

Although everyone I know with the GM 3.0 diesel is happy with them.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with mining? Trailer park boys would run this country better than the current prime minister.

Love mining. But it’s not renewable. And I agree. Julian and crew would be waaay better than Trudeau

Top Bottom