First ride on T3 154

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from my first day on the new sled. Wow. This is the funnest sled I think I have ever ridden. Ive had a few 163 xms before this one and really missed the shorter sleds. I find the 163s and longer go better and are more forgiving to ride, but I really missed the squirrellyness of the 154. Combine that with the 3 inch lug and holy crap what a little animal. I still cant believe how dialed these things are out of the crate. The clutching is absolutely perfect. Not a thing I would change about it. And I swear they have more power every year because I just cant believe how hard this thing pulls. I had read some reviews that they were trench monsters and not getting up on the snow well, but that wasnt my finding. I really couldnt believe how forgiving it was with the 3 inch track.

If I had to critique anything, it would be that it is definitely harder to control in technical climbs. The xms are just so sensitive to running board input, and the extra traction combined with the shorter track really amplifies this. I have a racers edge skid on the bench I am going to try to throwing in. Im sure that will help. Just dont want to lose too much of the playfulness. But so far in past sleds have been super impressed with the racers edge for giving the best of both worlds.

Has anyone ever ran a racers edge skid in a 154? The only problem I see with putting it on is the kickup at the back of the rail is going to require some modification of either the RE mounting brackets, or my rails. Dont really want to do either. Ill have to talk to Daryl on Monday about whether there is a different bracket for the 154s. Just thought someone on here might know.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could have two sleds it would be a 154 3" for the tree days and a turbo 174 3" for those deep big pull days. The 154 looks like a fun sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 man, I the 156 3" swap on my freeride and had my first two days on it last weekend, definitely makes it a fun squirley sled to ride, I moved the rear t-motion bracket back about 5/8" to help with transfer/trenching and sure glad I did.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 man, I the 156 3" swap on my freeride and had my first two days on it last weekend, definitely makes it a fun squirley sled to ride, I moved the rear t-motion bracket back about 5/8" to help with transfer/trenching and sure glad I did.

You moved 5/8 back on tunnel or on skid ?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom t motion mount to skid

Just like the relocates on the xp, makes a big difference

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my racers edge B motion skid installed. Man what a job! Had to modify the brackets that mount to the rails to accommodate the kick up on the 154. Who knew a wood working router could be used for machining aluminum! I will post a review once I get out with the new skid.

If anyone is curious, the stock skid was 47.2 lbs. The Racers edge ready to bolt in was 50.5, and the drop brackets and tunnel braces were an additional 2.1. So a net gain of 3.3 lbs with the skid, and a total of 5.4 lbs gained with the entire setup. So not a huge difference in weight at all for how well Daryl's skids work.

Top Bottom