First ride on a 850.. Little disappointed to say the least

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Let me break snow and mud down for you guys in case you haven't figured it out yet....

The sled you own currently = Best sled ever
The current version of your sled that you do not have = Complete garbage

One year later after you acquire complete garbage sled from non current sale = Best sled ever
Sled you previously owned = Absolute boat anchor garbage trash

ALL the brands have a good machine now days..... But Dont throw out statistics after you ride one for ONE DAY..... Give them a fair chance if you are going to be a critic. You ruin opportunities for other people that could totally enjoy them.. regardless of brand.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not yet, some parts back ordered.
Can ya'all say ......loaner!!!!

Hey Snochuk...I got a cat I can loan you.....

oh, maybe not..... I don't want to be responsible for you falling in love with the ride and jumping ship......lol

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
And throwing out of the box boost on any 2 stroke isn't cookie cutter? Because what really sets apart a new sled from any other new sled? I see just as many of those sitting around the cabin and in your own thread "What new iron em i worthy of" puts it quite simply in black and white:

So sell me on a Doo, why should Lund buy a Doo?
Same goes for Cat guys and Yamaha.
Should i stick with the 4stroke Sidewinder?
Should i go with a Cat?
Help me out here.

If %99 of riders are riding cookie cutters, does it mean the sled is bad? Or does it mean %99 of the riders are satisfied with how the new sleds are out of the box? Sure maybe I am too new to mountain sledding but not to sledding over all. I do not recall in the 80's and 90's having out of the box 163"+ tracks with 3" lugs and 150+ hop with fuel injection and 3 year warranties. That does sound pretty bedazzling yet you were interested in those cookie cutter sleds, or am I wrong? Should the manufacturer try to achieve the wish lists of %99 of the riders or the %1 who want something different?

Are you just getting cranky? Maybe karebear needs to give you a honey doo list. :)

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with Fred. He has an opinion but yours has been a little contradicting. Sure you are able to change it though. Nothing wrong with that lol

Danny, Danny, Danny. This will be another thread he is going to walk away from.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone seen the new Star War's movie, "Rogue 1", supposed to be really good!????????????????????????? Sure gotta like forums...............

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 850 after riding 174 T3 for 2 years and I tightened the limiter strap on the 850 in a effort to keep the skis down. It didn't work worth a sh!t for me. It kept the skis down better but it didn't climb as good and it seemed to trench more in deep snow. Albeit I didn't run it long with the strap tightened.
Yes, in fact it is so dumb that Brp came out with an adjustable limiter strap this year. Maybe get a hold of them and let them know that they are so behind in the suspension tuning game.
Come to think of it, while you are schooling brp on adjustable limiter straps, maybe call up the other 3 manufacturers and let them know that they do not have drill holes in the limiter straps anymore. They'll prolly cut you a big fat check for saving them so much labor on drilling limiter strap holes.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Don't think there is an eightfiddy in it, but it is an awesome movie for sure..... It all started a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..............................

jdmotorhead01

Reaction score
Let me break snow and mud down for you guys in case you haven't figured it out yet....

The sled you own currently = Best sled ever
The current version of your sled that you do not have = Complete garbage

One year later after you acquire complete garbage sled from non current sale = Best sled ever
Sled you previously owned = Absolute boat anchor garbage trash

ALL the brands have a good machine now days..... But Dont throw out statistics after you ride one for ONE DAY..... Give them a fair chance if you are going to be a critic. You ruin opportunities for other people that could totally enjoy them.. regardless of brand.

Completely true 90% of the riders out there will never out ride these stock sleds from any manufacturer. It's what works for the rider, where they ride, and the style of riding they like to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Completely true 90% of the riders out there will never out ride these stock sleds from any manufacturer. It's what works for the rider, where they ride, and the style of riding they like to do.

but once you've out ridden the pro rmk by the age of 7 boom there is the 850 G4

noob

Reaction score
Freddy could shi* a brick of gold and still have 20 reasons why it sucks and isn't any good. I'm surprised as hell that he's bitching about a ski doo. He's usually trashing the shi* out of every other thing under the sun that he doesn't own or ride. He needs to put his tractor away and learn how to spell. I get a head ache trying to read his shi*.

Why do you compare a stock sled to all of your multi thousand dollar machines freddy? Add a baker skid to the G4 like all of your other sleds. not snappy or crisp, add a turbo like you do to every one of your other sleds freddy. running boards ain't wide enough, change out to a carbon fiber chassis like you do on all your other sleds freddy. Somebody hit the nail on the head. If freddy don't like it, it must be a great sled.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I kinda agree. It's not a fair comparison between a dialed in mod one owns and rides all the time to a stock, not setup for oneself machine for a day.

One needs to get more seat time and set it up a little bit for themselves before they can make a fair judgement. Unless it's a glaring difference that is the reason for the dislike like steering geometry or chassis design that can't easily be changed.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will take over the "thread killer" title anytime

Lol

Mile likes to dish it out, he has big shoulders and can handle some back. Some days.

So sell me on a Doo, why should Lund buy a Doo?
Same goes for Cat guys and Yamaha.
Should i stick with the 4stroke Sidewinder?
Should i go with a Cat?
Help me out here.

LOL, yes Dan, i'm still looking. Though i posted this a few weeks ago, one of these 4 will end up as a GREAT BASE for a TURBO MOD. build. Chad and i are discussing some possibilities. Stay tuned and i will let you know. Cookie cutter....hahahaha, i don't remember the last one i had and yes they were all GAME CHANGER for their time LOL
Now can we stop reading between the lines fishing for BS and go back on topic, which is Fredw review please.

BTW, its not to late to convince me why i should get this over that???
Though the G4 isn't doing to good with all the issues.

Last edited:

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I consider myself a fairly capable rider that can usually hang with anybody on the hill but my first day on the g4 I looked and definately felt like a bit of a jack ass. It definately took until about the middle of the second day to really feel it out and back offf the effort I was putting in. I was also marginally impressed with the power it produced until I started really pushing it. The extra this motor has really shines and is aparent when you are working it hard. By the third day on the sled my opinion had went from "its alright" to "Real Deal". Fred's first ride opinion is fairly consistant with the 2 other g4 owners that I rode with on our first ride but all opinions changed drasticly after a few days. Merc63 was even crying for his 174 back after first day LOL I'll let him comment but pretty sure he wouldnt go back now. Fred, I encourage you to get another full day of seat time. It might change your opinion... it might not. Cheers

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but once you've out ridden the pro rmk by the age of 7 boom there is the 850 G4

Yeah G4 probably be a good sled , especially if you're 5 ft 7 ish , 150 lbs ( with a beer belly) , little chicken arms, pencil neck, and favor bunny hills and meadow hoppin and making scaredy cat videos of tree skipping cause you're scared to climb a real hill , and even if you could work up the stones, the $hitty floppy suspension would flip you on your toque over backwards before you even get to the steep stuff.
If, you don't hit a (wait for it ) wait, wait, PINECONE on your way to the cabin. Hahahahaha. Me funny !!!!!

Top Bottom