first dealer service / last dealer service!

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shouldnt matter who you talk to in a dealership, they are all under the same company and should follow the same rules/ conduct, i feel for anyone who has to put up with the crap on gasoline alley-
** was in there one day and parts got paged for a call- right in front of a few of us the parts "guy said the caller will hold till he hangs up cause he aint answering it, some in house baby fighting that day.

I also drove to wainwright for parts one day lol

RIP- trackside

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess it pays to no who to talk to, been going go turples since. 1980, bought a sled or two also a quad or two, so far so good. Parts prices are cheaper than olds, and they will have em more so than olds also. Will go to olds if they have parts i need instead of ordering. Thongs at turples have changed over the years, best to know who to talk to, for sure. Can't really see pecos standing around waiting, unless he has changed. I don't have any problem buying there, but again it's about who ya know. Like lilduke i have had better service and overall better experience generally at turples than trackside, and the hr drive is not worth it for me.
You must really be well liked there,man...because every time I get a part quoted at Turples it is HIGHER priced than the on-line msrp...I call it the Turple-tax since it has been happening since at least 2001 (my first Doo). Prices at Trackside were always right on the MSRP, or a 15% discount if you bought a machine there.

Back when I was a surveyor, I was tasked by my boss to buy new quads every so often. I always went to Turples to get quotes and always had to wait, wait, wait, search for sales people. Ended up buying Big Bears every time, even though I would have preferred the Fourtrax. First few Doos I bought personally I went to Turples for quotes...same deal...search for sales people, wait, wait, wait...ended up buying in Revelstoke (the now defunct D&R) and then in Olds. When I was looking for a generator...same deal....try to buy local so go try to price out Hondas at Turples. Same crappy treatment.

Fast forward to 2012. Brand new Renegade 1000. Bought in Prince Albert because when I got it, there were none anywhere else. Anyways...it needs a water pump seal right since new. Very common failing on the Can Am ATVs.....everyone who knows anything about Can Ams knows this...well, except Turple Bros service dept...neither the ditsy service writer, or the "tech" with the piercings in his forehead. Anyways, they book me in, I leave the machine. Get the call 3 days later that "it's fixed, come and get it". So I roll in all pleased that they handled things and I get handed a bill for 75 bucks. No leak found. I express my displeasure and the ditz gets the "tech" to talk to me. He explains that if it doesn't leak, BRP says they can't fix it and he ran it with a pressure tester hooked up for 3 or 4 fan cycles and no leak. I asked him if he even looked..."no, why?" I then explained to him that a common practice on Can Ams is to run a long clear tube from the waterpump weap hole fitting to up under the pod. This prevents mud from contaminating the water pump seal from the back side. When the seal leaks...coolant is seen in the clear tube...NOT ON THE FRICKEN GROUND! Dummies.

Turple's incompetent staff and horrible attitudes have cost them, just from me, the sales of at least 10 work quads, 4 maybe 5 personal quads(I had a Poo, a Yam, and 2 AC quads in there at some point), 5 sleds, and 1 generator. That's JUST ME!

Fast forward again to this spring....my bud Pecos KNOWS all my Turple horror stories...but he still gives them a chance....and he gets fricked.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes tex was tellin me the same a couple yrs ago, so i checked price at olds a turples, turples was less, he claimed bucklake also i called out there he was still more. Can't comment on all prices but from my experience it has been. Turple accesories are a joke unless ya deal with the long time staff. Trackside is ok, no real problems. Bucklake bob's is not bad but a long drive same as olds unless yer going that way, or they have part you need.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must really be well liked there,man...because every time I get a part quoted at Turples it is HIGHER priced than the on-line msrp...I call it the Turple-tax since it has been happening since at least 2001 (my first Doo). Prices at Trackside were always right on the MSRP, or a 15% discount if you bought a machine there.

Back when I was a surveyor, I was tasked by my boss to buy new quads every so often. I always went to Turples to get quotes and always had to wait, wait, wait, search for sales people. Ended up buying Big Bears every time, even though I would have preferred the Fourtrax. First few Doos I bought personally I went to Turples for quotes...same deal...search for sales people, wait, wait, wait...ended up buying in Revelstoke (the now defunct D&R) and then in Olds. When I was looking for a generator...same deal....try to buy local so go try to price out Hondas at Turples. Same crappy treatment.

Fast forward to 2012. Brand new Renegade 1000. Bought in Prince Albert because when I got it, there were none anywhere else. Anyways...it needs a water pump seal right since new. Very common failing on the Can Am ATVs.....everyone who knows anything about Can Ams knows this...well, except Turple Bros service dept...neither the ditsy service writer, or the "tech" with the piercings in his forehead. Anyways, they book me in, I leave the machine. Get the call 3 days later that "it's fixed, come and get it". So I roll in all pleased that they handled things and I get handed a bill for 75 bucks. No leak found. I express my displeasure and the ditz gets the "tech" to talk to me. He explains that if it doesn't leak, BRP says they can't fix it and he ran it with a pressure tester hooked up for 3 or 4 fan cycles and no leak. I asked him if he even looked..."no, why?" I then explained to him that a common practice on Can Ams is to run a long clear tube from the waterpump weap hole fitting to up under the pod. This prevents mud from contaminating the water pump seal from the back side. When the seal leaks...coolant is seen in the clear tube...NOT ON THE FRICKEN GROUND! Dummies.

Turple's incompetent staff and horrible attitudes have cost them, just from me, the sales of at least 10 work quads, 4 maybe 5 personal quads(I had a Poo, a Yam, and 2 AC quads in there at some point), 5 sleds, and 1 generator. That's JUST ME!

Fast forward again to this spring....my bud Pecos KNOWS all my Turple horror stories...but he still gives them a chance....and he gets fricked.

dave, i believe ya, just i have not had the same experience, they usually have 2 sales people, sometimes only one, talk to terry senior or ol glen, they set the price sales guys are sales guys. mechanics are mechanics, it is what it is, you can buy what ya want where ya want, i bought a sled in wainwright never again the guys son was the mechanic, what a marooon. they were a few hun less than turples. it is what it is. shop where your treated well, so far i've had no real problems at turples. the small town service is becoming a thing of the past.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dave, i believe ya, just i have not had the same experience, they usually have 2 sales people, sometimes only one, talk to terry senior or ol glen, they set the price sales guys are sales guys. mechanics are mechanics, it is what it is, you can buy what ya want where ya want, i bought a sled in wainwright never again the guys son was the mechanic, what a marooon. they were a few hun less than turples. it is what it is. shop where your treated well, so far i've had no real problems at turples. the small town service is becoming a thing of the past.
Small town dealers are being politely asked to leave...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small town dealers are being politely asked to leave...

seems that way, and not the way it should be because small town dealers are the backbone of the industry. it may be a sad industry ahead of us. it's all about money as they say.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So he is the one who should be waiting when he wants to buy something they make their living off of selling??? Here let me wait until your ready to take my 16K??

Fawk that!!! Dealers just sell them then you should go to a place that only services them as it is in their best intrest to take care of you.

obviously you have no friggin idea spud, your $16000 dollars in your wavy hand in dollars to dealer is in reality about $1000 in there pocket give or take. maybe come back when yer a little older and no what yer beotchin about.

you sound like a clown who showed up tellin me he was mr gulf oil, wants me todrop everything cause he has so much work, haha, think he still is shoveling his hole, haha, kids these days have no phuggin idea

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
obviously you have no friggin idea spud, your $16000 dollars in your wavy hand in dollars to dealer is in reality about $1000 in there pocket give or take. maybe come back when yer a little older and no what yer beotchin about.

you sound like a clown who showed up tellin me he was mr gulf oil, wants me todrop everything cause he has so much work, haha, think he still is shoveling his hole, haha, kids these days have no phuggin idea

Stick a sock in it dad.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be home by 10' or you'll be grounded to your room for a week, now get outta my sight. lol, you are the best bud.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Easy old timer, a grand is a grand. Not to mention the extra Jeff was dumping on accessories.
XMR is probably the most expensive quad BRP sells, not like he's upset over getting jerked around on a quad box.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it is, and jeff has a legitamit complaint, he needs to talk to, terry senior, ol glen, or gord, not sure what transpired but it is what it is.

have had moroons tried to flash the cash before, get in line, with alot more money. not worth it in the long run, talk to me when you been in busuiness for 20 plus years. may be a total different story,

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave, i see you say they gave 15 % off of OEM parts.. thats what it should be.. but even my dealer,who i get along with very good... did give me 12 % on OEM for awhile but now its down to 10% again... and i get 20 off aftermarket...

Pecos

Reaction score
Larry, it may be $1000 to the dealer (which incidentally it isn't, it's more, trust me I know) but the bigger fact that it was $16,605 and it was MY money. Saying it's only a grand is like saying safeway only got $26 of your $200 grocery bill......completely the wrong way to look at it. Every consumer looks at actual $$ spent regardless if what % the business profited from it. Are you telling me that when you bought that truck you're driving, you looked at it like it was $4500 you were spending?

Didn't think so.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really makes no difference, you make your deals when u buy quad/ sled, i get 20 %, so what bfd. i get better on internet. bfd i buy from dealer if he has parts in stock otherwise i call around to dealers in the areea i'll be in in the next week or so, then internet i want the part phuggin now. dealer in alberta that has the parts when i need them gets my money now, way before the i have to order.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it is, and jeff has a legitamit complaint, he needs to talk to, terry senior, ol glen, or gord, not sure what transpired but it is what it is.

have had moroons tried to flash the cash before, get in line, with alot more money. not worth it in the long run, talk to me when you been in busuiness for 20 plus years. may be a total different story,

Maybe when I'm older I can understand what you are typing?? Someone has to be in business for 20 plus yrs to understand customer service? How long has Pecos been in business? I drive the hour to his garage because I know I won't get screwed instead of taking it up the tailpipe at Cam Clark in Olds.
A guy walks in, not to look at, but to purchase the most expensive quad in the place and gets treated like a douche?
What does "with alot more money" have to do with it? They sell friggin ATV's, not Peterbuilts. Margin is margin, if the expect 150K margins, they shouldn't be selling ATV's.
Maybe Turple could have forced Trackside out by being better instead of playing the corporate game and getting their deal pulled?

Pecos

Reaction score
Larry, I'm not quite understanding what you're last post means. Or, more to the point, why didn't you answer my clear questions put to you? Oven gettin a little hot and you had to change the subject in order to avoid the ultimate fact that maybe you were wrong?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larry, it may be $1000 to the dealer (which incidentally it isn't, it's more, trust me I know) but the bigger fact that it was $16,605 and it was MY money. Saying it's only a grand is like saying safeway only got $26 of your $200 grocery bill......completely the wrong way to look at it. Every consumer looks at actual $$ spent regardless if what % the business profited from it. Are you telling me that when you bought that truck you're driving, you looked at it like it was $4500 you were spending?

Didn't think so.

yes jedd post was directed at toyboy. but if you want to argue about it i'm yer boy. not. so jeff just for ****s and giggles, do you finish waiting on customer before you or do you answer the phone when it rings? be honest.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe when I'm older I can understand what you are typing?? Someone has to be in business for 20 plus yrs to understand customer service? How long has Pecos been in business? I drive the hour to his garage because I know I won't get screwed instead of taking it up the tailpipe at Cam Clark in Olds.
A guy walks in, not to look at, but to purchase the most expensive quad in the place and gets treated like a douche?
What does "with alot more money" have to do with it? They sell friggin ATV's, not Peterbuilts. Margin is margin, if the expect 150K margins, they shouldn't be selling ATV's.
Maybe Turple could have forced Trackside out by being better instead of playing the corporate game and getting their deal pulled?

really have no idea what yer problem is. i just relate what my experience has been, you deal with the customer infront of you then on to the next. **** even i understand that, how about you. ps do you do your business with the mechanic or the owner of the shop? while ther is he also answering the phuggin phone while ya wait? now be honest!

if he picks up the phone or answers dumbazz mechanic questions while your in front of him is that sustomer service? he'll only do it once with me. i just don't roll over bud or not.

Last edited:

Pecos

Reaction score
Well Larry, I really don't see what your question has to do with what we're talking about here but wth, I'll bite and answer YOUR question. The answer is if I'm having a face to face with a customer and the phone is ringing, I'll politely ask my customer to hold on a moment and I'll answer the phone and politely ask them to hold a moment until I or someone can take their call.

Pretty simple isn't it.

Still don't know what it has to do with this thread though. Expecting me to crumble under all the pressure? LOL

I have no bone to pick with you Larry, but when challenged I'll sure the heck stand up for myself.

Top Bottom